Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Well...

Not a big fan of him.
    Tell me you're not holding one tweet against him for all time.. one tweet he apologized publicly for
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...

Not a big fan of him.
    In all fairness, he has personally apologized directly to that Twitter user, publically apologized to the community several times, AND he was having one hell of a stressful time back then when Seanza happened to write one thing that casued him to boil over.

Not saying all of this makes it okay to write that, but TB HAS done his best to rectify things, several times over.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    None deserves cancer, not even people wishing it upon others. I rarely agree with his views, but his Hearthstone videos can be very entertaining indeed. Hope he manages to overcome it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...

Not a big fan of him.
    He did, in fact, apologize for that four years ago. Actually, I want to say he's apologized for it multiple times. You aren't seriously holding that against him when the person he was arguing with forgave him, are you? :|
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Not as such a fan of TB anymore, but I do hope he is an outlier and lives many good years yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame, he can't win, would take a miracle of which most don't believe in on these forums.

Watching someone slowly die to cancer is heart wrenching, it really eats at you and changes you. I wish the best for his family, they're the ones who will hopefully be caring for him.

Makes me sad.

That's really sad to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    Who the hell is or what the hell is a Total Biscuit? Millions of people are diagnosed with cancer, why do I care about this one? Oh, and sucks that he has it. Just don't know why it's worth a post here.
    I didn't have the courage to make a post like this.

A lot of people get struck with diseases. Now maybe this person is known enough as a gamer to warrant a thread here, but to specifically wish him luck while ignoring other people seems wrong.

That argument is absolutely ridiculous. People care about him because he's a large personality who has affected gaming on Youtube and elsewhere. Just because people gravitate towards certain personalities and express sympathy when they're ill doesn't mean they're somehow ignoring everybody else with that same illness or that they even have any obligation whatsoever to go around talking about those other people.

This argument is hilariously childish to the umpteenth degree. It's like showing up to the scene of a car accident and then telling everyone freaking out about it there not to because a lot of car accidents happen. You'd be laughed in your face, or punched, either way, if you ever tried that anywhere else but online.

It's like a pathetic 4chan tryhard post pretending to make a point.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-10-15 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

A lot of people get struck with diseases. Now maybe this person is known enough as a gamer to warrant a thread here, but to specifically wish him luck while ignoring other people seems wrong.
    He has over 2 million subscribers on YouTube and talks extensively about games. Got his start in WoW. "Maybe" he's well known enough? Maybe you should get your head out of the sand.

I don't care if you think it's wrong to wish him good luck. A lot of people feel like they really know Totalbiscuit, and just like we care more about a family member or friend who is ill than about total strangers we've never met and probably never will meet, a lot of people actually DO care about Totalbiscuit.

I don't really care if you think it's wrong to wish him well. #sorrynotsorry, but I still do. Maybe instead of criticizing people who are genuinely upset that someone they care about is terminally ill, you could go do something useful. Somewhere that isn't here, if at all possible.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    I have difficulty with sympathy but I do wish him the best.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

He was a wow player, did several podcasts, is a streamer of blizzard games. It's no problem that someone makes a thread like this, I haven't realized he had cancer and I'm thankful I was told, I enjoy his shows and his podcasts.

As much as ive hated TB from his olden days (pre being a journalist/reviewer) of Leeching off a community WOW,SC2,That flying first person shooter game, ect.... Just long enough that he gets max viewers/money then Bailing on everything he did for that community immediately at the first sign of trouble onto the next big thing for viewers/Money.... I would never wish this on him Hopefully he can fight this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    Who the hell is or what the hell is a Total Biscuit? Millions of people are diagnosed with cancer, why do I care about this one? Oh, and sucks that he has it. Just don't know why it's worth a post here.
    Then don't post, you just make yourself look bad. Like really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

It's not ignoring, peoples' relatives that get cancer don't have a huge following so they have no way of getting the word out so nobody knows when random people get it...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanmoto View Post
    He was a wow player, did a podcast, is a streamer of blizzard games. It's no problem that someone makes a thread like this, I haven't realized he had cancer and I'm thankful I was told, I enjoy his shows and his podcasts.
    He's been fighting it for a while. He had surgery to try to remove it, and a lot of chemo, but it looks like that while they were able to get the initial cancer, it's spread elsewhere.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Damn it, I was a coach Driver and had all his shows playing while I was driving, not heard anything of his in awhile, sad news

10+ Year Old Account
    I never liked him. Far too whiney. Just seemed like an asshole to me. Cancer however, is worse. I hope the best for him and a painless passing.

Deleted
    In the early days of WoW, he was a complete prick, but even though karma is a bitch, I wouldn't wish this fate for him. Fifty percent chance for most of us reading this thread to get cancer, so this might be the way many of us go, myself included. Although, I do have five years on him. But who knows. Cancer can kill you just like that.

His life has been a bunch of social media fluff, albeit that's what people like, so he is indeed popular. Interesting to see if he does something different with his remaining days, or whether he just fades into obscurity.

TotalBiscuit is the videogames critic I trust and enjoy the most, even though my taste differs from his.
    This news saddens me deeply, as it most likely means he's not going to live much longer. I hope everything turns out well, but I have my doubts.

Wow. How sad, I am very sorry to hear this. I wish him all the best.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.