Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    The form of noncompliance doesnt matter.
    I expect this answer from a cop.

A normal citizen knows better.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The kid sealed his own fate. One less non-compliant piece of trash in society. Either comply or if you really actually think the cop is not a real cop, cell call 911 and keep driving towards your nearest police HQ.
    So, can we take from this comment that you are against the 2nd amendment?
    Just curious, because the reasons why it is needed and the idea that you have to unthinkingly obey anything a police officer says kind of oppose each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    So, can we take from this comment that you are against the 2nd amendment?
    Just curious, because the reasons why it is needed and the idea that you have to unthinkingly obey anything a police officer says kind of oppose each other.
    Government seizure of your home and your land, like the Texas ranchers potentially face against the BLM, is an example of when the 2nd Amendment is appropriate, to defend your home and property from unlawful seizure. A fucking routine traffic stop is not an appropriate time to whip out your gun and defy the police. The officer had every lawful right to pull him over and tell him to present his license, registration and insurance. The kid had absolutely no right to refuse and no legal basis to refuse.

The teen didn't think he did anything wrong to be pulled over in the first place. He told the cop, his lights were on, the cop denied it, which is fine because the cop was right. He continued to deny it, when he should have told the teen his lights were new from the very beginning when it was brought up. That would have cleared things up immediately. He didn't until later on in the video. By then it was too late, the teen had already refused too many times to give his license, and was being arrested. If the cop told the teen about his new lights from the very beginning the teen probably would have been more willing to give his license from the very beginning. I don't remember him asking the teen to get out of the car until after he yanked the door open and grabbed the teen. If a cop pulls you over, are you not allowed to ask why, especially if you don't know why? The teen should have given his license, instead of trying to prove the cop wrong by telling him he did have his lights on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    The teen didn't think he did anything wrong to be pulled over in the first place. He told the cop, his lights were on, the cop denied it, which is fine because the cop was right. He continued to deny it, when he should have told the teen his lights were new from the very beginning when it was brought up. That would have cleared things up immediately. He didn't until later on in the video. By then it was too late, the teen had already refused too many times to give his license, and was being arrested. If the cop told the teen about his new lights from the very beginning the teen probably would have been more willing to give his license from the very beginning. I don't remember him asking the teen to get out of the car until after he yanked the door open and grabbed the teen. If a cop pulls you over, are you not allowed to ask why, especially if you don't know why? The teen should have given his license, instead of trying to prove the cop wrong by telling him he did have his lights on.
    It doesn't matter what that stupid little shit thought. He's an idiot teenager. Even if he wasn't...

First of all, presenting your license to an officer of the law when you are operating a motor vehicle is not fucking optional, no matter what the reason he stopped you. You are required, by law, to carry your driver's license with you at all times when you operate a motor vehicle. The officer could be pulling you over to tell you to have a nice day and you would STILL be required to present your driver's license if he asked for it. Refusing to do so for ANY reason is grounds to be arrested on the spot and have your vehicle impounded. So your premise is wrong to begin with. The kid can certainly ask why he's being pulled over, but to refuse to hand over his license/registration/insurance until explained is grounds to be arrested on the spot.

Secondly, the officer DID tell him why he was pulled over. The kid started arguing with him. You never argue with the cop writing the ticket - you argue with the judge on the court date that is on the ticket. Either way, your attempts to justify the kid's actions are just plain wrong. The kid was wrong every step of the way. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    It doesn't matter what that stupid little shit thought. He's an idiot teenager. Even if he wasn't...

First of all, presenting your license to an officer of the law when you are operating a motor vehicle is not fucking optional, no matter what the reason he stopped you. You are required, by law, to carry your driver's license with you at all times when you operate a motor vehicle. The officer could be pulling you over to tell you to have a nice day and you would STILL be required to present your driver's license if he asked for it. Refusing to do so for ANY reason is grounds to be arrested on the spot and have your vehicle impounded. So your premise is wrong to begin with. The kid can certainly ask why he's being pulled over, but to refuse to hand over his license/registration/insurance until explained is grounds to be arrested on the spot.

Secondly, the officer DID tell him why he was pulled over. The kid started arguing with him. You never argue with the cop writing the ticket - you argue with the judge on the court date that is on the ticket. Either way, your attempts to justify the kid's actions are just plain wrong. The kid was wrong every step of the way. Period.
    Ok but the cop didn't ask for the license once, get told no, and then try to arrest the teen. They argued for a few minutes. Yea the officer did tell him why he was pulled over, but he didn't say anything about new lights until a little later on. You need to read very carefully what I said, because I explained in my other post. Instead of the cop arguing back with the teen he should have explained about his new lights from jump. I am not justifying the kids actions, nor would I have done what he did, but the cop isn't an angel either.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Ok but the cop didn't ask for the license once, get told no, and then try to arrest the teen. They argued for a few minutes. Yea the officer did tell him why he was pulled over, but he didn't say anything about new lights until a little later on. You need to read very carefully what I said, because I explained in my other post. Instead of the cop arguing back with the teen he should have explained about his new lights from jump. I am not justifying the kids actions, nor would I have done what he did, but the cop isn't an angel either.
    The officer was trying to be polite, probably figuring the kid was young and rebellious and giving him some slack, giving him many, many, many chances to hand over his license before escalating things further. And officers NEVER immediately tell you why they are pulling you over. They always wait until you have handed them your license, registration and insurance. That's how they are trained, and that's how traffic stops go. So what you are saying isn't how these kind of situations work - as soon as the kid gave him his license and the rest, THEN he would have been told why he was pulled over. But handing over the license isn't a reward for explaining the purpose of the stop and expecting the officer to explain himself FIRST before asking for his license is pretty fucking unreasonable. It would have been unprofessional of the officer to do it that way.

The officer was trying to be polite, probably figuring the kid was young and rebellious and giving him some slack, giving him many, many, many chances to hand over his license before escalating things further. And officers NEVER immediately tell you why they are pulling you over. They always wait until you have handed them your license, registration and insurance. That's how they are trained, and that's how traffic stops go. So what you are saying isn't how these kind of situations work - as soon as the kid gave him his license and the rest, THEN he would have been told why he was pulled over. But handing over the license isn't a reward for explaining the purpose of the stop and expecting the officer to explain himself FIRST before asking for his license is pretty fucking unreasonable. It would have been unprofessional of the officer to do it that way.
    Exactly pretty sure the cop said something about the flashing lights before asking for the license.

Exactly pretty sure the cop said something about the flashing lights before asking for the license.
    That was in his radio, not to the kid.

That stupid kid deserves to die.

lol, watched more of the video. The teenager is such an idiot.

That was in his radio, not to the kid.
    Watched the video and he asks for license before, but he tells the teen he flashed him, immediately after. That was before the teen even had a chance to hand it to him. Yes the teen didn't give the cop his license, but the cop did not wait until the teen handed him the license, and then explain his reason for pulling him over, like you are claiming they are supposed to do.

Watched the video and he asks for license before, but he tells the teen he flashed him, immediately after. That was before the teen even had a chance to hand it to him. Yes the teen didn't give the cop his license, but the cop did not wait until the teen handed him the license, and then explain his reason for pulling him over, like you are claiming they are supposed to do.
    Not sure what you are saying unless there is a second case of the same happened here but in a different scenario? The kid admitted to not having a license with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Not sure what you are saying unless there is a second case of the same happened here but in a different scenario? The kid admitted to not having a license with him.
    Jimboa said cops ask for your license first, after you hand it to them, they explain why they pulled you over. That wasn't the case here.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you get pulled over, the cop will ask for your license. You do have right to ask why you were pulled over. You do not have right to refuse to produce your license, registration and/or insurance if you've broken the law. Which this kid did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    If you get pulled over, the cop will ask for your license. You do have right to ask why you were pulled over. You do not have right to refuse to produce your license, registration and/or insurance if you've broken the law. Which this kid did.
    You don't have the right to refuse to produce them even if you didn't break the law. All three are mandatory to have and produce upon request just because you are driving a car.

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't have the right to refuse to produce them even if you didn't break the law. All three are mandatory to have and produce upon request just because you are driving a car.
    Fair enough. Driving is a privilege, not a right. Though you do have the right to refuse to produce ID if you're just walking down the street. I should have been more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Fair enough. Driving is a privilege, not a right. Though you do have the right to refuse to produce ID if you're just walking down the street.
    Yep, that's correct.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2015-10-18 at 09:49 PM.