Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    What do people have against GFE? I think it's great, especially Shadowplay for recording missed "WTF" moments.
    This function is a blessing. Because you bet there's always going to happen more "oh my fucking duck, did you see that?" moments when you don't record what your doing than when you're actively recording a play session.

10+ Year Old Account
    GeForce Experience is fine, and it comes with the best free recording software available. Shadowplay is even better than most paid for recording programs.

Complaining about having to use an email address...... What is this? the 90s? Make a dummy email if you are so worried about it.

Get an AMD card if you have that much of a problem with it. I hear they are tops.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    GeForce Experience is fine, and it comes with the best free recording software available. Shadowplay is even better than most paid for recording programs.
    Honestly I find MSI Afterburner's recording a lot better. You can use your own codec or record in lossless along with a pre-record determined either by size or length or both whichever hits the limit first. You can record the temp record into RAM which means no hindrance to your HDD/SSD if you have a lot of RAM.
    Complaining about having to use an email address...... What is this? the 90s? Make a dummy email if you are so worried about it.

Get an AMD card if you have that much of a problem with it. I hear they are tops.
    More along the lines of being forced to install something to get drivers and SLI profiles. I've had it go retarded enough time to not bother with it anymore.
    If AMD does it they would and should get some flak for it too. It's a completely unnecessary program that isn't needed for drivers.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-10-18 at 03:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sometimes drivers fail to update through it.
    i've had this issue several times with it. forces me to go into the program menu and run it that way.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    This a terrible decision, but I guess when you have 80% of the market share you can do whatever the fuck you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Honestly I find MSI Afterburner's recording a lot better. You can use your own codec or record in lossless along with a pre-record determined either by size or length or both whichever hits the limit first. You can record the temp record into RAM which means no hindrance to your HDD/SSD if you have a lot of RAM.
    If you record to a separate HDD/SSD than where your game is, there is 0 FPS loss. I got BF4 on a SSD and I record to a HDD, lose 0 FPS with Shadowplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well fluck this, the GFE is awful and causes nothing but microstutter in anything that's in windowed fullscreen mode for me, and I'm on a single GPU setup and not SLI (so you can't blame that)

I also prefer to do a proper uninstall cycle of uninstalling > reboot to safe mode to clean drivers remnants > then reboot into normal mode for the driver installation.

I guess I should see how overclock.net feels about this.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Well, lol @ guys from NVidia. Kinda stupid decision, IMO.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

they havent made stable drivers since 3.x they still havent made steady drivers in windows 10 and are on borderline with a class action lawsuit because the drivers they make keep crashing. Why because there programmers are a bunch of nubs. They have packaged too much stuff and forgot all about the production of stable drivers and its just a fact that they do not care. Neither does the tech support they have who even if you tell them your on windows 10 they still insist your on windows vista/ 7.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

Strange, I experience 0 issues and have had it installed for years.
    I should have been more specific, there's only a handful of games I play in windowed fullscreen and the GFE caused microstutter in all of them across 2 different single-GPU setups (with different architecture), two different OS installations, different Nvidia drivers, different versions of Shadowplay, and different resolutions.

I wish it didn't, because Shadowplay is great. The only other downside I encountered was you need a Maxwell card for 60fps @ 1440p, so I had to record at 30fps.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2015-10-18 at 12:49 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you record to a separate HDD/SSD than where your game is, there is 0 FPS loss. I got BF4 on a SSD and I record to a HDD, lose 0 FPS with Shadowplay.
    The quality on shadowplay is trash compared to what I use and I don't even get FPS drops in mmos with my system, GFE has nothing of value to me in any way and its invasive as a bit of software.

I have used and own a few recording programs and shadow play I rank the 2nd worst quality recording program out there with everything I have used.

Oh I have 1 SSD plus 3 HDDs which includes 1 TB WD blue that only has one job, to record raw footage, it has no programs or anything and after I am done with the raw footage it all gets deleted and left with a solid 1 TB drive.

Where does GFE benefit to me as software? Why should people with decent system like my self have to put up with trash like GFE?

I use DXtory with Utvideo codec which said codec is free btw however the quality of the files is pretty good, better performance then FRAPS and slightly smaller files since it is a compression based codec as opposed to being lossy like shadowplay is which degrades footage no matter the bit rate.

- - - Updated - - -

My 30 FPS footage is at least 100 MB/s and 60 FPS is 200 MB/s, like straight up double the bit rate for more FPS as it should be. Just in case people were wondering what quality I am dealing with.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Geforce Experience constantly gives me an unable to connect to server issue. Has done for the last 6 months. Meaning I have to install all patches from the Website.

This annoys me.

Deleted
    What people don't seem to get is, there are people that want absolute performance and having less junk is the way forward, not introduce more layers to interfere with what ever you are doing.

Wonder if these people use shit like advance system care or tune up utilities or just love having more Nvidia branding on their computer somehow, more software means more likelihood for instability when running software of any nature or is unstable in it self and GFE has proven time and time again to not run smooth.

Deleted
    I thought it was bad when AMD added Raptr to their Catalsyt downloads, but at least they gave us it as an option.
    Forced software usage is a terribad idea, especially as Nvidia are already in the bad books re:3.5/0.5gig memory, DX12 etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    I thought it was bad when AMD added Raptr to their Catalsyt downloads, but at least they gave us it as an option.
    Forced software usage is a terribad idea, especially as Nvidia are already in the bad books re:3.5/0.5gig memory, DX12 etc.
    That's only a small fraction of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    You are not forced to use anything, don't run the software if you don't like it. I have been "using" for ages, the only thing it does on my pc is install drivers, you can turn it of 99% of the time if you want and just turn it on when a new driver is announced, download the driver and turn it back off straight after, no clogging your memory, not using CPU cycles, nothing at all. ISO using chrome or Firefox to downoad a file you use this, don't see the big deal.

Also if you don't like shadowplay, don't use it, not because it is part of the driver package or front end that you have to use it, just use the damn software for what you want/need and ignore the rest simple as.

The reason I got it was to get some message that there is a new driver and I can download it in a second.
    Too bad it doesn't seem to work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    Sounds like Yahoo is going to see a lot more dummy e-mail addresses created real soon.
    I literally use my email everywhere and have never had issues with spamm.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't read the entire article, how will you be able to do driver roll backs and complete uninstalls having to deal with software that is in between?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    You are not forced to use anything, don't run the software if you don't like it. I have been "using" for ages, the only thing it does on my pc is install drivers, you can turn it of 99% of the time if you want and just turn it on when a new driver is announced, download the driver and turn it back off straight after, no clogging your memory, not using CPU cycles, nothing at all. ISO using chrome or Firefox to downoad a file you use this, don't see the big deal.

Also if you don't like shadowplay, don't use it, not because it is part of the driver package or front end that you have to use it, just use the damn software for what you want/need and ignore the rest simple as.
    You don't seem to understand here, to install a new driver, you need to have GFE running to do it for game ready drivers, why should people have to after install the graphics driver then has to go through with uninstall/install/turn on and off GFE to just install an update.

Its an additional layer of annoyance to go through to remove as many layers of interference to run, if you have a game and requires a game ready drive to fix, yes you are forced to use it as you have spend real money on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    You don't seem to understand here, to install a new driver, you need to have GFE running to do it for game ready drivers, why should people have to after install the graphics driver then has to go through with uninstall/install/turn on and off GFE to just install an update.

Its an additional layer of annoyance to go through to remove as many layers of interference to run, if you have a game and requires a game ready drive to fix, yes you are forced to use it as you have spend real money on the game.
    Why do I have to turn steam or b.net on to play a game? GFE is just a piece of software that does nothing 99.9% of the time just like steam or b.net or origin or uplay or god knows what else will be forced upon us.