Hey guys,

First time i've posted here. Actually had to check if Minecraft was discussed on here at all :P.

But basically, i need help. Years ago i managed to figure out how to set up my own server so that my friends and i could play together on it when we wanted to, and i could keep it running in the background while i was raiding or whatever so they could continue to play.
However, i am now trying to do it again after having not played in forever but... reading these "guides" is really confusing the hell out of me.

I was wondering if there was any chance or any people out there who'd be willing to dumb it down.. to basic levels for me.. of how to make my own server on my pc again. At the moment, following these guides, im getting errors telling me that the memory im allocating (in a batch file.. i literally don't even know what this is, but the guide said to do it,) is too high and it can't find it.. 1gb min 2gb max.. i have 8gb of ram.

Prior to that it was saying it couldn't find the minecraft_server.jar file.

It's really confusing the hell out of me. Thanks in advance for any help/tips.

Side note: i know nothing about coding and such.. so that's probably why i don't understand any of this... so yeah.. if you can please dumb it down :P

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh.... so literally after i posted this.. it loaded up.. HOWEVER I STILL NEED HELP!

I use a billion BiPAC7800NXL router.. and have no idea how to set up port forwarding in it.. Everything i find is for Billion 7800NL.. and the UI of that router is totally different to my own.

Anyone good with that stuff? xD