Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Slightly off topic, but since I do not have a sub now, and seeing someone pay so much for a faction change, to play pvp.. Is it worth coming back to wow for pvp? Is it in a good state now? Lots of viable comps?
    If you play Horde: NO.
    If you play Allie: Maybe.
    Lots of people are already quiting, will probably be hard to find people to play with, but season 3 is coming maybe things will spice a bit (for 1 or 2 months)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing the same. I was on a connected realm as horde. The community and server is dead, so I am server changing, race/faction changing my alts back to Alliance. By doing so I have renewed passion in the game. New friends, new guild, better atmosphere.

Another Blizzard employee's desperate attempt to keep his job.

My suggestion is to work hard and make more new content, instead wasting time on a forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Is that why alliance win 60-70% of all BG's? and why there are little to no horde in ranked PvP?
    EMFH might be strong, but not strong enough to give alliance such an edge even at "low tier" PvP... Yet, the edge is there.
    Give me a reason to queue if the win ratio is the one you mention.You simply boycott PvP in favor of pve or stick to wpvp/ashran or smth till sorted.No need for faction changes .desperate move imo.

Deleted
    You are fucking stupid!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudovan View Post
    I'm doing the same. I was on a connected realm as horde. The community and server is dead, so I am server changing, race/faction changing my alts back to Alliance. By doing so I have renewed passion in the game. New friends, new guild, better atmosphere.
    Exactly!

It's not just about winning more BG's, it's also about being part of a larger pvp community with more quality players.
    On the Horde side, it's near impossible to play with decent PvP players since there hardly are any.

Finally Blizzard can stop having those Tuesday meetings where they talk specifically about you faction changing.

Deleted
    Is ally really that much better for bgs? I lose a lot more on either faction.

This is something I've never understood. I havent had my sub in awhile, i've heard they started mixing factions? But anyways, I never understood why my Horde Q times were like 10-15 minutes, when supposedly there is less of us. You would think there being less of me, I would be able to get in over and over ala say, a ride at six flags without a line. I could just keep riding it. So my experiences during the last 2 expansions didn't make sense to me.

have fun paying again to faction change back on next xpax

I would love to transfer to a PVE server, but I already regret all the money I spent on years of subscription fees. It's not that I'm short on money. I just don't like the idea of spending that much money on one game. If it weren't for tokens, I'd never have returned in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Slightly off topic, but since I do not have a sub now, and seeing someone pay so much for a faction change, to play pvp.. Is it worth coming back to wow for pvp? Is it in a good state now? Lots of viable comps?
    If you play on horde side then its not worth coming back since you wont have anyone to play with, horde pvp community doesnt exist, its dead, even private servers have more pvp players. And there are only few viable comps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by irawraith View Post
    have fun paying again to faction change back on next xpax
    Why would I, or anyone else, FC back next expac?

Even with the changes to racials the bulk of the PvP community will still already be on the Alliance side.
    It's more important to be part of the PvP community side of things than change purely for faction flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And you couldn't have played as mercenary?
    That is only an option for the faction that has more people in queue, which horde never is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    If you are into PvP and you play Horde, think about changing sides beause it can give you a very different experience!
    but then i would have to be an ugly scum sucking human and tmorph isn't always updated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    but then i would have to be an ugly scum sucking human and tmorph isn't always updated.
    Who cares how your character looks? Were talking about PvP here, not roleplaying...

Just pick whats good and gives the best experience!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    nice to hear and welcome to alliance also not every one has £15 pounds or other currency equivalent to spend per toon for a faction transfer. i might be looking for a new guild so i can see mythic but i don't want to pay the realm transfer fee so i can have my profs on the same server
    I think if you found a guild you really liked, and see you will stay- it wouldn't hurt to transfer an alt. or two.

But, yes it does get very expensive as I'm kinda faced w that atm. I'm in a new guild and just made raider, so I'm fighting myself w the thought of throwing Blizz more money.

So far I've transferred my main Alt. but still have 5 other toons that I'm considering transferring (wish wow tokens covered these transfers). I couldn't imagine being stuck on a shit server w multiple 100s or wanting to move servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    About a week ago, I finally made the decision to faction change all my level 100 Horde characters to Alliance and it's the best decision I have ever made!

Yes, I realise that this was Blizzards plan all along. They prolly wanted people to pay lots of money to transfer to Alliance if you are into PvP, but so be it!
    The last week I enjoyed playing BG's so much... it reminded me of the fun I had in this game years ago.

I can actually rely on BG's to gear up now!
    And no more looking for decent players for hours to play Arena with, I have a choise now from a very large pool of players that actually are into PvP aswell (and not random new players looking for a boost).

These are the things I wanted from this game for a long time but for some reason the old and stupid idea that I didn't want to "betray" my faction, that I played since Vanilla years, kept me from just leaving the bad side and actually enjoy some good ingame experiences!

If you are into PvP and you play Horde, think about changing sides beause it can give you a very different experience!
    Really? The 40 min queues aren't as fun though. On my Horde it's instant. I'd rather play when I want to and lose a match than wait 40m and only get to play one before I get off.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    €250 isn't really that much money.
    It is to spend on a video game, even more so on a simple procedure such as a faction change. I honestly don't know why you'd do that though, you can't have that many toons you need on alliance, and with legion looming... I dunno, seems a bit wasteful, but I bought an account a long time ago for £450 back in WoTLK era so I can't really say much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    It is to spend on a video game, even more so on a simple procedure such as a faction change. I honestly don't know why you'd do that though, you can't have that many toons you need on alliance, and with legion looming... I dunno, seems a bit wasteful, but I bought an account a long time ago for £450 back in WoTLK era so I can't really say much.
    I wouldn't do it either, but again...I don't see the difference in spending 250 on something you really enjoy for years over spending it on a festival or two.

My main issue with the money spend is that the company receiving the money literally does nothing with it to improve the game and min-maxes to cut as many features and content to find the fine line where people who stop playing their game.