Crusader StutterStep - Console

First, Coldkill, you da man for responding to so many posts. Very kind of you.

I've been reading the best Crusader build involves the hexing pants and stutterstepping. As I was researching what Stutterstepping meant, I kept coming across people talking about using a cancel action button to be able to accomplish it.

With movement on consoles being different (joystick instead of mouse click), anyone know if stutterstepping is even possible on console?

Thanks in advance!

lol thanks i just try to be helpful.

Anyway, stutterstepping means that you're continuosly moving/stippoing/moving/stopping/etc in very fast intervals. The reason behind you're doing this is MrYan pants that give you damage and resource bonuses while moving - the buff takes a little to fade so basically you move - get buff up - cast hammer - move again before buff fades.

It's not easy but doable also on console - i don't know the keybinds but i think it's just easier with a mouse de to standard binds being on left mouse button for both moving and cast an ability; basically i keep pressed the mouse button and press shift to force a cast.

If you can do the same with your controller, then you're stutterstepping

EDIT: found more info on this, while i'm not much fond of the console version, stutterstepping is not really doable on console due to different controls; if it turns out right, you can cube a Leoric's crown instead of Yan pants to get a decent and actually working bonus.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2015-10-20 at 01:51 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Thanks Coldkill!

I had read somewhere that stutterstepping is auto on console since you can still hold down move joystick while casting hammer. But when trying it, everytime i cast hammer, he freezes, and it didn't really seem to be working. unless i took a decent break between each hammer cast.

Appreciate the advice on leoric's crown...i'll check that out!