Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Those are god awful...
    How so?. They all work fine as far as I've seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This is Blizzard right now

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I see. I only really use TS but I've heard of the others.
    Anyone i know only use Discord now, the quality of Skype without the nuisances of it. Simple as fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    i think it was sometime during TBC
    Dont feel bad, No one used it and it was horrible
    I've never forgotten Patch 2.2.0. Only thing worthwhile about it was the addition of in-game voice chat, and the first times people tried it, everybody agreed -- it was awful. Also, as Threaperzone pointed out, it's still in the game settings.

Hmm... Come to think it of it, I think that patch ended up having a successor in the form of Patch 6.1.0.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    A decent in game voice chat would be far more useful than the twitter integration.
    Agree.

It's clearly stated as a reference in battle.net, so most likely it's not a WoW thing.

Either it will be an improvement to battle.net social system, allowing cross-game voice chat and perhaps coming along more development on the battle.net app (battle.net groups/guilds please!), or it's just a third-party "credits" reference since most likely it will be powering Overwatch's in-game voicechat.

Either way, people need to stop behaving like every change that doesn't promote their personal taste is bad.

Yes, twitter integration for instance is nearly meaningless even for those who might use it (even though it's not like it stole a lot of development time from other things <_<).

But something like a battle.net app voicechat could be benefitial to a lot of players. Sure, most established guilds are ok with whatever system they're using. But smaller and less serious guilds might enjoy a more direct and simple approach to it. Same goes for group finder pug raids that might want to use voicechat in a simpler way.

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    The way Eleccybubb swoops in and takes on everyone, like a Blizzard PR Ninja.
    I'm starting to wonder if he's a Blizzard mole.

- - - Updated - - -

How so?. They all work fine as far as I've seen.
    All VOIP suffers from the same thing as each other. The bandwidth on the client end and the codex being used. Ain't got the bandwidth it will suck no matter what client you use.

Deleted
    A nice InGame voice program is nice.
    Almost every game has it nowadays "Cough" FPS genre.

But the one we have right now is just trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

- - - Updated - - -

All VOIP suffers from the same thing as each other. The bandwidth on the client end and the codex being used. Ain't got the bandwidth it will suck no matter what client you use.
    Actually I see both the positives and negatives that Blizzard have. . Also I don't sleep well hence my very high forum activity plus the week off work . Also I'm a Llama not a mole goddamit!

Deleted
    has anyone use the curse voice thing with robocraft? where it just puts you in a chat with people on your team. if they have the voice program open. I thought it would be the same as that.. but for LFR, raids and dungons.. not sure how much use it will be tho but time will tell.

Deleted
    I've played Eve since before WoW was thought of but I've never known anyone use the in-game voice system.

It's has nothing to do with quality - it's all about control. Every corp/alliance has their own private server that they can control access to and divide up into rooms as they see fit. Eve voice looks pretty good for fleets but isn't flexible enough relative to how I see private servers set up.

This is also my experience with WoW too - the guild has a server with officer chat, rooms for raids, 5-mans and PvP, afk, HotS etc.

To the best of my knowledge, this is why the in-game systems aren't used as much as they might be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Agree.

It's clearly stated as a reference in battle.net, so most likely it's not a WoW thing.

Either it will be an improvement to battle.net social system, allowing cross-game voice chat and perhaps coming along more development on the battle.net app (battle.net groups/guilds please!), or it's just a third-party "credits" reference since most likely it will be powering Overwatch's in-game voicechat.

Either way, people need to stop behaving like every change that doesn't promote their personal taste is bad.

Yes, twitter integration for instance is nearly meaningless even for those who might use it (even though it's not like it stole a lot of development time from other things <_<).

But something like a battle.net app voicechat could be benefitial to a lot of players. Sure, most established guilds are ok with whatever system they're using. But smaller and less serious guilds might enjoy a more direct and simple approach to it. Same goes for group finder pug raids that might want to use voicechat in a simpler way.
    I also think that a decent voice chat system would be a good addition. I have Skype and TS3, but I would prefer an integrated voicechat. Skype is for communicating with my RL friends, just like Google+ Hangouts. I don't use TS3 except on rare occasions when a raid PUG demands it. I would gladly ditch this program.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    He most definitely is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    He most definitely is.
    FOR GOD SAKE, I said Llama!. Also on a note if I find Blizzard are doing good, then they are doing good, if they are doing bad which in certain areas I'll admit they are then I'll criticise. But sigh why can't a be a Llama instead of a mole?

Deleted
    It wasn't horrible. It was just poorly implemented and the other ones were just better at the time.
    No, it was very bad, and they even delayed the patch over it and it was still terrible.