Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HVIIDLYS View Post
    It is kinda sad that we have to look to BRF and Mythic Dungeons to find trinkets. Even UeH is 1000 crit on of our worst stats.
    But the thing with UeH is that you get an abysmal increase in strength, and with a lucky proc, you can have 1400 strength for 30ish seconds. Stacking up the trinket with Death Grip spam is strong, and I expect it to get fixed soon.
    Last edited by Clayney0; 2015-10-20 at 11:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayney0 View Post
    But the thing with UeH is that you get an abysmal increase in strength, and with a lucky proc, you can have 1400 strength for 30ish seconds. Stacking up the trinket with Death Grip spam is strong, and I expect it to get fixed soon.
    its really not strong enough to warrant a fix

Quote Originally Posted by Clayney0 View Post
    I heard in #Archerus that it isn't a big increase at all and not worth the hassle

Quote Originally Posted by LickMeh View Post
    I heard in #Archerus that it isn't a big increase at all and not worth the hassle
    I doubt that, it more than doubles the uptime of having 20stacks, at least for me.

Deleted
    Arms warriors have crit as best stat yet their heroic class trinket sims higher. Think about that
    Thats just wrong, mastery is the best stat for Arms. And UeH isnt so good for unholy because of the crit, but because of the rppm strength procc which is naturally very good for unholy DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by LickMeh View Post
    It takes 8 seconds for me to hit 20 stacks with death grip, and 13 without. This results in an average stack count of 17.1 if I use death grip, and 14.8 if I don't.

Those numbers will be skewed as I assumed gcd locking during the trinket proc. In a more realistic scenario we are more reliant on death grip for stacks.

So is a greater than 15% increase to the stats you gain from your trinket proc worth it? That's up to you.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2015-10-21 at 09:56 AM.

Lets be honest here you can talk about trinkets all you want. Fact of the matter is DK needs a buff. How likely that will be since the content/expansion is literally over is any ones guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbattygal View Post
    Lets be honest here you can talk about trinkets all you want. Fact of the matter is DK needs a buff. How likely that will be since the content/expansion is literally over is any ones guess.
    Well the point is that the obvious place to buff us is to make our trinket choices better so we dont end up having to rely on BRF trinkets *that cant be upgraded* & exploiting UeH.
    Last edited by mmoc0597266d61; 2015-10-21 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    I'm offering 4-1 on that bliz' balance clowns will Nerf vial before buffing unholy/dw.

No offence meant to *actual* clowns in comparing them to bliz devs.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2015-10-21 at 04:46 PM.

Well the point is that the obvious place to buff us is to make our trinket choices better so we dont end up having to rely on BRF trinkets *that cant be upgraded* & exploiting UeH.
    Our lack of real cooldowns certainly isn't helping.

Blizzard will probably just buff unholy might and call it a day, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Our lack of real cooldowns certainly isn't helping.

Blizzard will probably just buff unholy might and call it a day, again.
    I don't think this would be a bad thing tbh, I like the overall playstyle of the spec. Sure, having another dps cooldown would be great, but I'd much rather get a passive stat buff than something like the MoP Army back.
    Haven't played DK to much during Wotlk and Cata, maybe they will revamp something from the old days.

Well it would be nice to have some kind of strength to compensate for our lack of cooldowns, but there aren't any. Even ignoring that the numbers aren't exactly great.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Likely won't. I mean you'd need 75% crit before using Vial to hit cap. We may likely be near high 50 into 60s but don't see us hittin. 75%.
    At least for me I'm getting 95.59% (5979 multi) with vial up right now. So it could lose some value if you had some good rng with sockets, or it may just be worth swapping sockets to avoid the cap with it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    It takes 8 seconds for me to hit 20 stacks with death grip, and 13 without. This results in an average stack count of 17.1 if I use death grip, and 14.8 if I don't.

Those numbers will be skewed as I assumed gcd locking during the trinket proc. In a more realistic scenario we are more reliant on death grip for stacks.

So is a greater than 15% increase to the stats you gain from your trinket proc worth it? That's up to you.
    How exactly does this work, how do you get death grip to give you more than 1 stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    How exactly does this work, how do you get death grip to give you more than 1 stack?
    Ueh thinks grip is an attack so each time u hit it (with glyph that resets it when fails) you gain another stack
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Ueh thinks grip is an attack so each time u hit it (with glyph that resets it when fails) you gain another stack
    Ah right forgot that glyph exists.

You should also be using mind freeze for faster stacks if you don't need to interrupt anything, but that's relatively minor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pts99 View Post
    Mooniara did a video on this subject this week:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A53-fLTyBqk

In short: The strength heirloom trinket will become BiS for breath of sindragosa, with Mythic Vial being number 2.
    If you don't have myhic vial, then mythic unending hunger will be replace vial.

Another related problem however, is that since Vial will still be BiS, then the other classes will pull more ahead of the DK than they already are, because their BiS trinkets will rise 10 ilvl and ours won't.
    What a shit video. Anyone with half a brain realizes that Vial only gets better as your gear improves. Heroic Vial is already 2nd BiS with a 795 ring despite having a 40 ilvl disparity between it and Mythic UeH.

As for them buffing us, I don't see it happening. Even if we languish at the bottom of meters on every fight (which I doubt will happen due to fight lengths being massively shortened which means we'll probably be using Breath on every fight for its burst, esp with a 795 ring) the extra dps we do is irrelevant since we'll be doing way more damage than we were intended to do during progress. It really is meaningless dps at this point.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2015-10-23 at 02:23 AM.

Deleted
    Vial will be nerfed and no other changes made to compensate.

People undervalue crit a lot, its actually very powerful, specially if you have high mastery/multistrike.