Thread: S3 gear model?

10+ Year Old Account

S3 gear model?

Hey there.
    So since conquest gear each season is typically modeled after the current pve tier. Anyone have
    any ideas what S3 conquest will look like? Wondering if it's been stated by blizzard somewhere
    and I missed it.

Deleted
    WoD S3 gear currently looks identical to S2, they'll most likely do what they did to Grievous/Prideful gear and simply swap the alliance/horde models around again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's boring! I don't suppose anyone knows what S3 pve ilevel will be? Different question I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Well that's boring! I don't suppose anyone knows what S3 pve ilevel will be? Different question I know.
    Taken from a post on the front page a couple of days ago:

Arena Season 3
    We’re also preparing to end Warlords Arena Season 2 and transition to Warlords Arena Season 3. We’ll have more details to share on this transition between seasons and the distribution of rewards in the near future.

Developer Insights
    With Arena Season 3 we’ll be introducing new gear, including Warmongering Aspirant gear at PvP item level 715, Warmongering Combatant gear at 730, and Warmongering Gladiator gear at 740.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-6-2-3-Preview
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye I get that pvp will scale to 740, so only 10 ilevels higher there? Doesn't seem as big of a scale jump as S1-S2 was.
    Curious what the non-pvp, pve level will be on gladiator

Yes, it's too much work for Blizzard to make new PvP armor uglier than one last. The real solution is to take the uglyness, and swap it horde to alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Aye I get that pvp will scale to 740, so only 10 ilevels higher there? Doesn't seem as big of a scale jump as S1-S2 was.
    Curious what the non-pvp, pve level will be on gladiator
    They'll probably just increase everything by 10. So 630/680/710, I'd guess.

As for the looks of it, probably recolors.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They'll probably just increase everything by 10. So 630/680/710, I'd guess.

As for the looks of it, probably recolors.
    I doubt those will be the base ilvls or people will just use their honor points for the S2 epic gear. WoD S2 Combatant gear was better than the S1 Gladiator gear. Going by that, I'd guess 705/730 for Combatant and 715/740 for Gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I doubt those will be the base ilvls or people will just use their honor points for the S2 epic gear. WoD S2 Combatant gear was better than the S1 Gladiator gear. Going by that, I'd guess 705/730 for Combatant and 715/740 for Gladiator.
    They had a lot higher numbers to play with in S2, thought. This time we won't see a new raid, so making the ilvls so high may be a problem since they'd make normal raiding and LFR obsolete for getting base gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    Yes, it's too much work for Blizzard to make new PvP armor uglier than one last. The real solution is to take the uglyness, and swap it horde to alliance!
    ^ Unfortunately this.

They made PvE same gear as PvP, why do you expect seeing other season with different models? They're too lazy for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    ^ Unfortunately this.

They made PvE same gear as PvP, why do you expect seeing other season with different models? They're too lazy for that.
    Nah bro they changed the color totally different bro super sick bro bad ass 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They had a lot higher numbers to play with in S2, thought. This time we won't see a new raid, so making the ilvls so high may be a problem since they'd make normal raiding and LFR obsolete for getting base gear.
    Yeah, it's an awkward position they've put themselves in. One way or another something will be made obsolete, but why release gear that is simply worse than what you could buy for the same currency? If the new Combatant gear isn't AT LEAST 700 base ilvl then it will be strictly worse than the previous Gladiator gear (which I think is safe to assume will be available for honor like previous seasons have always been).