Marksmanship Hunter 6.2 Video Guide

Not trying to post this for personal gain, just curious what the hunter community thinks of it. Anything I was off on, or anything I could improve as a whole in my guides?

Thank you.

-snip-

For some reason it still won't let me post links or videos even though I've posted more than enough times on these forums.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2015-10-22 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SylintGaming View Post
    Not trying to post this for personal gain, just curious what the hunter community thinks of it. Anything I was off on, or anything I could improve as a whole in my guides?

Thank you.

www (.) youtube (.) com/watch?v=ewpQK8ZQx1Q

For some reason it still won't let me post links or videos even though I've posted more than enough times on these forums.
    Or you can read Azors guide which is reputable and used by the best hunters in the world, https://goo.gl/257ttP

Quote Originally Posted by deatzh View Post
    Or you can read Azors guide which is reputable and used by the best hunters in the world, https://goo.gl/257ttP
    This is basically the same thing, you'll find that several of the things he says are word-for-word from the guide. I invite anyone to go to the guide's talent section and have that in front of you as he begins talking about it. Most descriptions don't just say the exact same stuff as the guide, they say the same thing, word for word. The same goes for ability descriptions and more.

The only deviations from the guide are wrong information (such as when he says that Vers > Mastery still, doesn't give an explanation for this viewpoint other than Mastery being inconsistent). Some of it is wrong just because he's wrong, and some of it is outdated information (such as Focusing Shot being > Lone Wolf in a "perfect" situation at this stage).

Brief example for the lazy:

"Quick Tips": http://i.imgur.com/4UONZOf.jpg
    My "Rules to Follow" section in the guide: http://i.imgur.com/4vkdfLa.jpg

Look similar? At least he changed the order.

Other than that, just have the guide in front of you while you listen to the video and have a dig at how entire sections are copied word-for-word.

In a comment to someone who noted the similarities, video creator says:

Quote Originally Posted by SylintGaming
    I brought information from his guide as well as a few others and some test from SimC and personal experience for all this information.
    I don't think a single piece of correct information was mentioned that did not contain word-for-word sections from my written guide. No disrespect meant to any other Hunter guidewriters out there (or tooting my own horn too much), but looking at the guide and listening at the same time, it was pretty painfully similar.

Since you came for feedback, here is some:

1. Quit the plagiarizing shit / At least try to not make it so obvious that you're reading off someone else's guide.
    2. Don't do it all in one take and there will be less mistakes since you can do individual segments over if you fuck it up.
    3. More visuals, like tooltips for the talents etc too.
    4. Raid setting instead of a Timewalking dungeon.

Finally, don't monetize what is essentially other people's shit. At this level (700 views), it's just hilarious of course.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2015-10-20 at 09:39 PM.

Deleted
    The funny thing is, a lot of people learn better to a video than a guide, so this could of been a great idead,

If your going to use Azortharion's guide why didn't you just ask him if you could make a video based on his guide instead of clearly stealing it and denying it.

and yeah you talk about focusing shot beating lone wolf in a perfect sense but at the start of the video you said intimidation is useless as you never could use a pet.

It's hard to break into the hunter theory crafting and help guide community. You are either plagiarizing Azor or wrong and stupid.

You can make a correct guide without plagiarizing anyone. Crazy, I know.

If you wanna break into the theory crafting awesome, how ever start off by creating debates, present your case, and back up why you say the things you do, especially if they are different to what other more reconsidered people, such as Azor.

The worst thing you can do is grab an existing guide, be it Azor's or Nnx's or bob the builder's and claim that work as your own. As you can see just in this thread you will get shut down and discredited very quickly. If you are going to make a guide, be it text or video based and you are using information that others have published, then do what you do in high school, college, university, that is foot note it and say so.

I think one of the reasons we are so well represented in raids is because of the strong guide and theory crafting community we have in place. "Breaking into" the hunter guide/theory community isn't really hard. You just need to be respectable and informative. If you copy someone's guide, you are maybe still being informative but not respectable, which will tank your efforts.

You are not allowed to advertise Youtube channels on this site.