Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    LFR might actually be quick if tons of geared ppl are doing it.

Deleted
    I did some LFR's at the end of 5.4 with like 22 full mythic SOO geared players (myself being one too)

It was pretty amusing, seeing these bosses fall over in under 1 minute.

If you can get your whole mythic guild to do LFR together, you can smash through it in no time if you are mythic raiders. Few hundred free VPs for everybody.

However, if that guild would tell me to do this LFR (aka "mandatory") but wouldn't organize or support this kind of initiative in the raid time, I'd be out so quickly that they wouldn't even notice when i left. I have better things to do than wasting 8 hours of my life on queues and wipes with scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    However, if that guild would tell me to do this LFR (aka "mandatory") but wouldn't organize or support this kind of initiative in the raid time, I'd be out so quickly that they wouldn't even notice when i left. I have better things to do than wasting 8 hours of my life on queues and wipes with scrubs.
    Exactly this. I've been running a guild and leading a raid for 6 years and there are certain things I expect from my raiders, upgrading some gear through VP will be one of them. I will not expect any of them to EVER cap 4800 because I won't be taking raid time to do guild LFRs or organizing 5 mans for 25-30 people.
    Any guild who "forces" their raiders to max cap but doesn't set up every single scenario to help them do it will be losing a lot of players pretty quickly.

Man, people suck with their time measurements. BrF in 40 minutes, LFR/Normal HFC in an hour? Do you realize the amount of running around and clearing trash in these instances? Takes significantly longer than the bosses themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I did some LFR's at the end of 5.4 with like 22 full mythic SOO geared players (myself being one too)

It was pretty amusing, seeing these bosses fall over in under 1 minute.

If you can get your whole mythic guild to do LFR together, you can smash through it in no time if you are mythic raiders. Few hundred free VPs for everybody.

Any guild serious enough to require people to get 4300 valor a week is done by now. If any guild that isn't done yet requires max valor/week, they aren't worth the time.

But really, instead of being a gradual nerf to the raid this is going to be a massive nerf bat as guilds gain 4-5 ilvls a week. Not having a cap is ridiculously dumb.

A nice amount of valor actually even if I'm skipping LFR. Would have preferred if you could just run the mythic dungeons several times and not having a cap then.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    LFR might actually be quick if tons of geared ppl are doing it.
    Doubt it, will use pre-made to get people 710+ so we can pull the full instance and leave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Doubt it, will use pre-made to get people 710+ so we can pull the full instance and leave.
    Only Im pretty sure you cant because the wings are sealed but you can still just que one at time.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Man, people suck with their time measurements. BrF in 40 minutes, LFR/Normal HFC in an hour? Do you realize the amount of running around and clearing trash in these instances? Takes significantly longer than the bosses themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Any guild serious enough to require people to get 4300 valor a week is done by now. If any guild that isn't done yet requires max valor/week, they aren't worth the time.

But really, instead of being a gradual nerf to the raid this is going to be a massive nerf bat as guilds gain 4-5 ilvls a week. Not having a cap is ridiculously dumb.
    In LFR with mythic geared or even heroic geared players you can pull all the trash at once and aoe it down. You could probably do it simultaneously while pulling the boss.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Just not happy with the LFR thing; You should be able to do it on normal/heroic/mythic, LFR is such a ball-ache and i'd be going there literally for nothing but the valor.

With that being said, it's very unlikely i'd cap every week anyway, but still; Isn't this the reason we stopped giving out tier tokens and stuff in LFR? Because it made raiders feel like they had to do it?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're implementing it in only LFR so that real raiders come carry the brainless ones
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Is it possible to do LFR with your guild by letting 33% go lets say tectus, 33% go butches, 33% brackenspore, at the same time.

Not really. At best you'd get butcher + brackenspore. You'd probably be better off just pulling the trash to bracken spore after killing butcher in 30 seconds since your cds would reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There are a grand total of 8 guilds in the US that have cleared 13/13M that raid 3 nights a week. Raiding less doesn't mean they aren't worth the time. People like you aren't worth our time. You're a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    Not really. At best you'd get butcher + brackenspore. You'd probably be better off just pulling the trash to bracken spore after killing butcher in 30 seconds since your cds would reset.
    Well im mainly wondering if its like.. physically possible, im wondering if shit like bosses disappearing during combat with another boss happens or stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    There are a grand total of 8 guilds in the US that have cleared 13/13M that raid 3 nights a week. Raiding less doesn't mean they aren't worth the time. People like you aren't worth our time. You're a joke.
    I'm not dissing the guilds that aren't 13/13M, I'm dissing the guilds that aren't 13/13M and would absolutely require all of their raiders to get the maximum amount of valor each week. Reading is tough.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 2 weeks to get fully upgraded and then a run now and then for new pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Why you don't get VP through actual F'ing raiding is beyond me.
    Because if you're actually raiding you don't need the item upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was intended to focus on Dungeons and such. Yeah LFR gives some but the intent is dungeons.

OT: I'll do the VP stuff at my own pace. That's how I roll!

Not necessarily because some pieces you could upgrade to get an extra push in raiding Hellfire Citadel.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    How did you reach this conclusion?

Deleted
    Because they don't want to give bonus rewards to your standard shedule. They wan't to "reactivate" older content to fix queue times.

Quote Watcher:
    The focus of the patch is on dungeon content. Raid Finder was included as a source to add a few more options for Group Finder queuing, and if getting a few well-geared tanks and healers to hop back into Raid Finder improves queues a bit for the core Raid Finder audience, that's not the worst thing in the world. But if you hate Raid Finder, there are literally thousands of Valor available weekly without setting foot in Raid Finder.

Part of the point is to provide a reason to revisit content that you may not have had much reason to do in a while, rather than just providing an extra reward for continuing your existing routine.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________

1500 is more then enough to collect in one week, over the first two weeks. Upgrade your weapon and trinkets in the first one and chest, head, legs in the second. The rest of the upgrades are to minor to pull a leg out for it.