Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    What is Holinka WoW pvp?
    He is the "senior PVP designer" for WoW, as of mid-MoP (2 years ago, give or take a couple months). PVP in that game now is generally regarded as being crappier than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    7 Million created accounts isn't the same as having 7 Million players.

Just pointing that out.
    This is what I was about to say,

Those facts though make it worth giving it a go, well only 1 fact really, the 40% of players greeting, dam if thats true I'd join just for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is a great game. The only thing holding it back is the fact that dungeons and fractals are not smooth without the holy trinity. It'll be interesting to see how they plan to set up the new raids in Thorns. Other than that, GW2 is better than WoW in all aspects besides the fore-mentioned.
    True - I really like GW2 - It's one of those games that you just log in and feel immersed in a world. I hated the dungeons as well, though - the trinity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    He is the "senior PVP designer" for WoW, as of mid-MoP (2 years ago, give or take a couple months). PVP in that game now is generally regarded as being crappier than ever.
    ah I see. I thought maybe it was a sponsor or something (like Stadiums or sports leagues have sponsors, e.g. Barkley's Premier League)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Comparing a 10 year old game to a 3 year old game. Smart.
    i could compare a 3 year old WoW to a 3 year old GW2, but that would just make GW2 look pathetic with wow nearing 10million subs at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i could compare a 3 year old WoW to a 3 year old GW2, but that would just make GW2 look pathetic with wow nearing 10million subs at that point.
    Because back then it was nearing the peak of its popularity and now its down to 5.6 million last we heard. Still the largest but a big drop nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    7 Million created accounts isn't the same as having 7 Million players.

Just pointing that out.
    Same can be said for wow but most of you sheep on here dont and wont accept the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are choosing to turn this number -- which is purely marketing language meant to show that a lot of people are interested in the game and therefore may be playing it -- into a competitive thing. It reads like insecurity, as some people don't want to shatter their own perception that they are playing the only MMORPG that matters (there can only be one, right?). Because god forbid more than one MMORPG be popular and have a healthy playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    People are choosing to turn this number -- which is purely marketing language meant to show that a lot of people are interested in the game and therefore may be playing it -- into a competitive thing. It reads like insecurity, as some people don't want to shatter their own perception that they are playing the only MMORPG that matters (there can only be one, right?). Because god forbid more than one MMORPG be popular and have a healthy playerbase.
    This ^^. Also tbh who cares what you are playing at the end of the day as long as you are having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Game account creation and players are two different things. The latter can be a moving definition too.

This is just marketing.
    basically this. Maybe the statistics are accurate but it's a complete different category to what many are comparing it to

Comparing a 10 year old game to a 3 year old game. Smart.
    I know right...
    WHITE KNIGHTS ASSEMBLE! PROTECT WOW'S REIGN!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Ya lets compare the competition wow had to the competition gw2 has. Stay in school kid.

Why are people so upset? It's just a game, it's not a dick measuring contest

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Same can be said for wow but most of you sheep on here dont and wont accept the truth.
    wtf? WoW has over 100 million accounts created and nobody is claiming theres that many people playing.
    Instead people look at the subscription count because why would anyone be subscribed if they dont play the game?

Your truth is abit... nonexistant.

Because back then it was nearing the peak of its popularity and now its down to 5.6 million last we heard. Still the largest but a big drop nonetheless.
    what does that have to do with your statement that comparing a 3 year old game to a 10 year old game? so i compared 3 to 3, nothing to say about that point huh, didn't think so.

7 million accounts created is not even remotely close to 7 million active players. Give it a few months and its back down under a mill or so

Quote Originally Posted by Res03 View Post
    I know right...
    WHITE KNIGHTS ASSEMBLE! PROTECT WOW'S REIGN!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ya lets compare the competition wow had to the competition gw2 has. Stay in school kid.
    white knighting? WoW is trash right now, it's never been more boring.

but hey you keep assuming things you don't know, call people white knights, call people kids, how immature and pathetic, ignore listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Why are people so upset? It's just a game, it's not a dick measuring contest
    Think of it like the FF14 situation with 5 million accounts, people lost their shit thinking the game had 5 million subs. Like what Fencers last page it is all just marketing to make it seem bigger. Like no game will reveal their exact active numbers as it make their game feel smaller & lose potential players.

I think it is completely stupid to measures accounts, I said the same thing when FF14 announced 5 million cause it doesn't reflect the current playerbase at all. It almost like Twtich Followers & Youtube Subscribers to some point.

Plus this question always comes up do the numbers include f2p? only those who work at Arena Net really know & I don't think it matters either haha

I remember when some chinese website screwed up counting accounts for GW2 & they posted more than their really were & someone (The OP) tried boosting them as a god sent & truth that anyone who was refusing to believe them were in denial & I'm pretty sure it was the same intention here.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2015-10-23 at 06:47 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Alright folks, first and only warning. Keep discussion on-topic and on GW2. There's no reason to start game vs. game debates or trash talk games. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    7 million accounts created is not even remotely close to 7 million active players. Give it a few months and its back down under a mill or so
    No one is claiming that it is. This is all marketing language. But regardless, why do you care?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post

Except that it was confirmed 100 million + accounts and 5.6 million active.

Who is the sheep now?

Answer: You