Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How about instead of going from one groups lies to the next you try to understand that both sides have an agenda and see the bullshit for what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I do that all the time and at the end of the day I'm a centrist. I'm for better healthcare (for the poor) and free education through higher taxes on the rich, but against gun control or lax immigration laws. I'm also in favor of equal rights for gay people and what not, but when it comes to relationships/family I like to do things traditionally.

both sides have valid points

the worst kind of people are the extremists, be it the ultra conservatives or the bleeding heart liberals
    This guy represents me better than any politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The Catholic Church is not right-wing in any meaningful sense.
    The essential difference between the two is left thinks the best way to help others is through the government, while the right thinks the best way to help others is through the church or volunteering. If you're looking to understand the value system of right wingers, volunteering at a local church is probably the best way to go about it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sit in the center of the political spectrum. I already take the views of both sides, Some parts of politics I agree with the Right, others with the Left, some Authoritarian, some Libertarian, the only parts I refuse to try to understand are the idiotic ends of each spectrum.

Both the Far Left and Far Right are too moronic to actually be taken seriously and it is close to the point where I don't know which is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The essential difference between the two is left thinks the best way to help others is through the government, while the right thinks the best way to help others is through the church or volunteering.
    Just because Catholics don't like condoms or abortion doesn't mean volunteering at church is right-wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Just because Catholics don't like condoms or abortion doesn't mean volunteering at church is right-wing.
    Your making about the weakest case you can for that belief. You are just asserting a view and then restating your assertion.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Your making about the weakest case you can for that belief. You are just asserting a view and then restating your assertion.
    The Catholic Church's doctrines birthed liberation theology. Going to church is not inherently right-wing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a PoliSci major, I studied everyone's side. Besides, you have to understand your enemy to defeat your enemy.

while the right thinks the best way to help others is through the church or volunteering.
    Of course. They like to use charity as a publicity stunt. Helping people through the government won't earn brownie points for them.

Outside of that, the right firmly believes in hoarding more and more wealth and reducing the spending power of the middle and lower classes, because according to them, amassing wealth at the expense of everyone else doesn't hurt anyone. Then occasionally, they take out some pocket change to "volunteer" or "donate" to some charity organization in front of the press just so to silence the people who rightfully point out their greed and avarice.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    The essential difference between the two is left thinks the best way to help others is through the government, while the right thinks the best way to help others is through the church or volunteering. If you're looking to understand the value system of right wingers, volunteering at a local church is probably the best way to go about it.
    Actually both those examples you've just suggested are left-leaning ideals. The government redistribution is authoritarian left, societal redistribution (volunteering) is liberal/libertarian left.

Authoritarian/Libertarian are unrelated to left/right economic theory.

I'm not sure i could ever understand a cuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    What are you, 15? Just a couple more years and you'll be off to insert generic bleeding liberal liberal arts college here
    I'm 30 and I've already been through Tech School. Even when I was in a real College there wasn't much "liberal" about it.

Mihalik, considering posts from you I've seen in the past, I don't think cutting yourself off will change your opinion of things.
    I don't mean this as an insult, I just don't think most people are able to change their mind so quickly, and your opinion usually tended to be very one sided.

That being said, it seems from your post, like you recognize that a reason for being one sided might be because of an information bubble.
    And i agree that viewing other sources is a good way to extend or even pop that bubble.
    but i don't think that it's enough to change an opinion that been developed for years.
    Last edited by Notter; 2015-10-26 at 09:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I consume information of all kinds. Local Putinist right-wing conservative civil nationalist propaganda, western anti-Russian propaganda, western anti-Islamic right-wing propaganda, local liberal pro-Western propaganda, even Ukrainian ultra-nationalist propaganda and Islamic propaganda.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    That being said, it seems from your post, like you recognize that a reason for being one sided might be because of an information bubble.
    And i agree that viewing other sources is a good way to extend or even pop that bubble.
    but i don't think that it's enough to change an opinion that been developed for years.
    Changing my opinion was never my intention.

More like better understanding the other side, so I can better argue against it.

I find it difficult most times because I really struggle to get into the mindset of people so opposite to me. Most times I find frustration takes over and I can miss the good points that they make.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Most right wing types are on radio for some reason.
    The problem with this is that many people listen to the radio while doing another activity, which means that their conscious defenses are lowered when it comes to filtering and questioning the information presented.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    When I worked in a convenience store, I tried to read the 'Daily Express', 'Daily Mail', and 'Daily Telegraph'. I generally just found myself somewhere between being repulsed and facepalming. The clear half truths, misinformation, obfuscations and blatantly obvious agendas made me wonder how these things even sold, because they were just that transparent in what they were trying to do. It wasn't even subtle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Most right wing types are on radio for some reason.
    It's because a big part of the US Right Wing demographic doesn't trust new fangled technology like telecommunication vision boxes yet, let alone intertubes.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    That much hate just seems exhausting...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't discuss politics and let my vote do the talking.