Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    This weekend I'm going to a "spy school," where they teach you to pick locks and escape from bindings and such. It's a birthday gift from my mother. But based on their website, I fully expect the place to be full of right wing doomsday prepper gun-nut types. It'll be an interesting weekend for sure.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    That much hate just seems exhausting...
    Well, that's what the political right at this time seem to thrive on at the moment; spreading hate and fear, and their answer is to baton down the hatches in some kind of siege mentality. It's all very negative.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    This weekend I'm going to a "spy school," where they teach you to pick locks and escape from bindings and such. It's a birthday gift from my mother. But based on their website, I fully expect the place to be full of right wing doomsday prepper gun-nut types. It'll be an interesting weekend for sure.
    Hah, that actually sounds like a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Hah, that actually sounds like a lot of fun.
    Yeah, should be fun. I fully expect it to be hokey as hell too, but I'm gonna enjoy it. Here's the course:

http://concealedcarryacademy.com/Spy_Course_letter.html

Here's the homepage, to give you a sense of the crowd it draws:

http://spyescapeandevasion.com/
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Isn't "cultural zeitgiest" a bit of a redundant phrase?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's because a big part of the US Right Wing demographic doesn't trust new fangled technology like telecommunication vision boxes yet, let alone intertubes.
    Or, more than likely, they are listening to something while they are working or driving to/from work.

An argument as dumb as yours would mean everyone who listens to NPR doesn't trust technology either...

While lets give it a honest go...

I'm afraid of guns so I assume loud noises scare me...

I think a country that has know war for nearly two centuries is going to have really peaceful and enriching immigrants that despite the fact they have a education of a second grader at best.

I somehow think raising every ones wage won't cause instant inflation so either i have no understanding of the economy or i believe in magic...

Discrimination and racism can't happen to white people since they are inherently so genetically superior nothing can hurt them.

Everyone that disagrees with me is a racist or a bigot.

Rape culture is real and innocent until proven guilty is a dated system, after all everyone knows women can't lie.

Cops are a mix between superman/batman and anytime they use lethal force for any reason is unexceptable since their ninja training prevents them from being in any danger from a violent attack armed or not.

Women are inferior to men to such a extent that even with preferred hiring we need to mandate a 50/50 split to help them out since they are incapable of competing against a man otherwise.

I think that covers the bulk of the far lefts beliefs i'm sure i missed a few but man can only stare into the abyss that is madness for so long before they have to pry themselves away from the edge of it.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    While lets give it a honest go...

I'm afraid of guns so I assume loud noises scare me...

I think a country that has know war for nearly two centuries is going to have really peaceful and enriching immigrants that despite the fact they have a education of a second grader at best.

I somehow think raising every ones wage won't cause instant inflation so either i have no understanding of the economy or i believe in magic...

Discrimination and racism can't happen to white people since they are inherently so genetically superior nothing can hurt them.

Everyone that disagrees with me is a racist or a bigot.

Rape culture is real and innocent until proven guilty is a dated system, after all everyone knows women can't lie.

Cops are a mix between superman/batman and anytime they use lethal force for any reason is unexceptable since their ninja training prevents them from being in any danger from a violent attack armed or not.

Women are inferior to men to such a extent that even with preferred hiring we need to mandate a 50/50 split to help them out since they are incapable of competing against a man otherwise.

I think that covers the bulk of the far lefts beliefs i'm sure i missed a few but man can only stare into the abyss that is madness for so long before they have to pry themselves away from the edge of it.
    So if you're playing opposites you're the opposite of a straw man then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I've absolutely no issue understanding the reasoning of people on the political right. I could easily be a right winger if I wanted to.
    That sounds great allthough you did proclaim all right wingers are fascists and nazi's.

''The global warming theory is the liberal hoax'' first line about climachange on conservapedia lol