Deleted

Getting back into Guild Wars 2

So, I haven't really played the game since the first Halloween event, but recently got the urge to start playing it again. I've noticed quite a few changes to say the least.

I've figured out most of it, but one thing I can't is if there is a way to get that "quest watch" or whatever off the upper right corner of my screen. It's kind of annoying.

Also, I want to level a new character up to 80, so which class do people find fun to play? Something besides Elementalist or Guardian since I already have those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    I've figured out most of it, but one thing I can't is if there is a way to get that "quest watch" or whatever off the upper right corner of my screen. It's kind of annoying.
    Nope. You can minimize it though by clicking on the titles of the quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Also, I want to level a new character up to 80, so which class do people find fun to play? Something besides Elementalist or Guardian since I already have those two.
    Ranger and Thief/Rogue/Whatever are very nice classes to play as, they can do a bit of everything and IMO play the best with action camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Action camera being a new camera option you can turn on using a keybind (set the keybind from the options menu) that locks your camera to a reticle and let's you play the game like a third person shooter.

Deleted
    Thief is good because you have access to some abilities which makes getting around in the new zones + doing hero challenges a breeze.

As for the gameplay, though, don't expect to find much depth in structured PvE. The highest single target dps rotation involves auto attacking and stealthing / backstabbing every now and again. You take on multiple targets by pressing your '3' button on your sword/pistol combo then standing there in the evade cheese. You can't really press all of the buttons without consequence and sit back and watch the fireworks display like an ele can, due to initiative costs. You'll often be pressing only 1 button every few seconds, and that button will be whichever button has the best initiative to damage ratio.

Deleted
    Ah, that action camera is pretty cool, makes the game play a little different. Think I'll use it and go Thief, thanks.