Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by UniBlue View Post
    You mean lazy and unimaginative developers need to end the Campaign on a cliffhanger to make sure people buy the next game to see what happens to one of the only characters people cared about throughout the series?

To their credit the multiplayer looks pretty solid, however 343 can never make the campaign and story as good as Bungie did.
    Have you played halo before? Halo 2 was a fucking cliffhanger, halo 3 was a fucking cliffhanger. Jesus fuck so many games are ended in cliffhangers. I also dont know how to break it to you but the people that made halo in bungie are no longer there, 343 has more original bungie employs than bungie does. Your the same type of person that bitchs when a tv show ends on a cliffhanger.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean lazy and unimaginative developers need to end the Campaign on a cliffhanger to make sure people buy the next game to see what happens to one of the only characters people cared about throughout the series?

To their credit the multiplayer looks pretty solid, however 343 can never make the campaign and story as good as Bungie did.
    The only thing that bugged me about the cliff hanger was that I wanted more. The campaign was pretty good the only criticism I have is that I would have liked to have had more Blue team master chief. Locke and Osiris are cool too but yea I played since Halo CE first console I ever bought on my own. Nostalgia.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The only thing that bugged me about the cliff hanger was that I wanted more. The campaign was pretty good the only criticism I have is that I would have liked to have had more Blue team master chief. Locke and Osiris are cool too but yea I played since Halo CE first console I ever bought on my own. Nostalgia.
    That seems to be peoples biggest issue with it. I havent beaten the campaign yet, only on like mission 4 or 5. But the biggest gripe I've seen is not playing as Chief/Blue team enough. Although me personally I'm okay with that...They are going to have to have the game go on without chief at some point.

I never buy the halo games for the campaign though. I get through them eventually. I'm just overall too hooked on the multiplayer. Warzones have me hooked, mostly when the games are close and feel like a chess match. The blowouts on both ends are a bit boring. But not everyone enjoys the warzone style gameplay.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2015-11-02 at 12:21 AM.

The only thing that bugged me about the cliff hanger was that I wanted more.
    Then it did what it intended to.

as bungie DID. Atleast 343 is trying it well .. trying... The campaign wasnt that bad just lacks ALOT of cutscenes and important story. I had some fun with it.
    + I don't like bungie anymore they screwed it up for me with Destiny at their launch. Good Job activision.

Now back to Halo

Well I can agree a bit that they are a bit lazy the developers. But they did a great job with the multiplayer. To me its very competitive now. In halo 3-4 and reach I always made 15-25 kills in slayers and swat ( sometimes more ) Now I get my ass easily kicked by people sometimes. Ofcourse I have my glory moments also but man that multiplayer is hard as hell now.

AngryJoe review. Watching it now and so far I agree.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The only thing I dislike is the lack of split screen for at least multiplayer. Now when I go over a friends house we either don't play halo or I need to bring all my shit over. That's annoying as fuck.

I guess they didn't learn a thing from Halo 2's ending. For crying out loud.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They had to sacrifice split screen for 60 fps. I will be shocked if in the same generation, Halo 6 will support split screen
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I thought they said it was only the campaign that wouldnt support split screen...I didn't realize it would basically be the whole game...that's a major fucking bummer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I guess they didn't learn a thing from Halo 2's ending. For crying out loud.
    Well 343i contracted the writer that was on halo 4 which received lukewarm responses, and also wrote the worst book in the halo series, no wonder t was bad.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Problem is the entire campaign for the game is just setting up the 6th game, which makes the story shit.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I somewhat enjoyed the campaign. I just didn't really like the way it ended but i'll continue to support the game because of the amazing multiplayer.

I can't believe I am even typing these words, but I will most likely be selling Halo 5. They ruined what was once a great franchise to me.

Halo 2 was the pinnacle and since then they have just gone downhill. People quitting is a huge issue still, or just griefing or feeding. And there is really nothing they can do to stop it.

It should be a 1 day ban for leaving. If you do it again within 24 hours of that ban being lifted its 2 days, otherwise 1 day ban, etc.

The boost doesn't really fit in a Halo game, I think of CoD when I think of boosts and all that crap.

The fact that you NEED to have a 4 man party all with mics and one bad person loses the match for you because you can't get the power weapons completely ruins the online experience.

Sad times. Maybe the next Halo will go back to the roots and not suck like Halo 5.

Still can't believe I feel this way about this game, I wanted to LOVE it so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I can't believe I am even typing these words, but I will most likely be selling Halo 5. They ruined what was once a great franchise to me.

Halo 2 was the pinnacle and since then they have just gone downhill. People quitting is a huge issue still, or just griefing or feeding. And there is really nothing they can do to stop it.

It should be a 1 day ban for leaving. If you do it again within 24 hours of that ban being lifted its 2 days, otherwise 1 day ban, etc.

The boost doesn't really fit in a Halo game, I think of CoD when I think of boosts and all that crap.

The fact that you NEED to have a 4 man party all with mics and one bad person loses the match for you because you can't get the power weapons completely ruins the online experience.

Sad times. Maybe the next Halo will go back to the roots and not suck like Halo 5.

Still can't believe I feel this way about this game, I wanted to LOVE it so bad.
    What? Did you every play halo 2?

The quiting thing sucks but i can say that since release day iv lost a grand total of 3 matchs cus of people quiting.

The boost fits in perfectly fine into the game as does clamber and run, along with shields not recharging untill you stop running its perfect.

The 4man party to get in the higher levels has been a requirement since halo2 i dont know why this is new to you? The multiplayer on this game is as close to halo 2's glory days as we will every get.

Problem is the entire campaign for the game is just setting up the 6th game, which makes the story shit.
    You mean like almost every single other game with planned sequals? every tv show in existence with more than one season? really seems like your grasping for straws on this gripe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Well 343i contracted the writer that was on halo 4 which received lukewarm responses, and also wrote the worst book in the halo series, no wonder t was bad.
    http://www.halopedia.org/Christopher_Schlerf

what?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    What? Did you every play halo 2?

The quiting thing sucks but i can say that since release day iv lost a grand total of 3 matchs cus of people quiting.

The boost fits in perfectly fine into the game as does clamber and run, along with shields not recharging untill you stop running its perfect.

The 4man party to get in the higher levels has been a requirement since halo2 i dont know why this is new to you? The multiplayer on this game is as close to halo 2's glory days as we will every get.
    I played Halo 2 religiously. And yes quitting has always been an issue, but after waiting so long for this game I had hoped they could at least curb it a little, or implement replacing the quitter.

That isn't even my biggest gripe. I just don't like how it plays. Again the boost to me in Halo is something I hate. They could have done without it, but since other games have had it lately they decided people like it I guess.

The pick-up guns all feel super weak, someone with a pistol can easily destroy someone with a BR or DMR. That to me makes no sense. Sniping is way too easy AGAIN, and not having an unranked slayer to warm-up with while waiting for your party to all get online sucks too. The weekend polls option is stupid, just add them to the game.

I haven't touched campaign so can't comment on that part, but I don't see myself playing it after tomorrow when CoD releases at midnight. Which makes me really sad.

Also the ranking system is really terrible. Hopefully they revamp it during their seasons, I have seen people in Diamond that got completely carried and barely did anything in the 10 placement matches. Then proceed to get stomped playing against way better players because of the inflated ranking. Just go back to 1-50.
    Last edited by Sinyc; 2015-11-05 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been looking for a spartan company to join because playing with pick ups is fucking annoying may as well be lone wolf. Any recommendations?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I played Halo 2 religiously. And yes quitting has always been an issue, but after waiting so long for this game I had hoped they could at least curb it a little, or implement replacing the quitter.

That isn't even my biggest gripe. I just don't like how it plays. Again the boost to me in Halo is something I hate. They could have done without it, but since other games have had it lately they decided people like it I guess.

The pick-up guns all feel super weak, someone with a pistol can easily destroy someone with a BR or DMR. That to me makes no sense. Sniping is way too easy AGAIN, and not having an unranked slayer to warm-up with while waiting for your party to all get online sucks too. The weekend polls option is stupid, just add them to the game.

I haven't touched campaign so can't comment on that part, but I don't see myself playing it after tomorrow when CoD releases at midnight. Which makes me really sad.

Also the ranking system is really terrible. Hopefully they revamp it during their seasons, I have seen people in Diamond that got completely carried and barely did anything in the 10 placement matches. Then proceed to get stomped playing against way better players because of the inflated ranking. Just go back to 1-50.
    Sniping feels like it did in halo 2. They have the strongest MM quiting bans out of any of the halos games todate. And people getting boosted by thier friends has always been an issue. If you want a warmup play team arena since it doesnt seem to have a purpose and it has that fuckawfull breakout gametype in it. As far as the boost goes i can play the game either way, in customs you can turn it off or on and im sure there will be a playlist that turns it off in future. You do have me on the playlist options, there should be a big team battle and fucking swat should be shit on and burned alive before its a valid playlist. Though it is funny you complain about boost then your going to go play COD instead of halo.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone still interested, the Warzone Firefight beta starts tomorrow.