Does Overwatch have social tools or in-game communties?

Honestly I never got into the FPS genre. The last one I played as DOOM and that was only because I was in college and we had a group of like 12 people all playing, so it had a community feel. But when I look at most of them, I don't see any incorporation of community. Making in-game friends and how that works towards making in a better game experience. I just sat through Totalbiscuit's review of Overwatch and talked for 18 minutes about the game modes, the characters, the weapons, the levels of power, which all frankly bored me. I was hoping he had some mention of if there was a community in-game for this thing, but there was not a word.

So I'm heavily leaning towards not even buying this title. Is this thing just your typical antisocial FPS? It would be interesting if someone really focused on the social aspects within the FPS genre.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a global chat channel, similar to other Blizz games, but I don't think you can make you're own up like you can in D3 or SC2.

However, people are very chatty and vocal (compared to other shooting games), as Overwatch is as much about playing as a team, as it is to get kills. Of course this is just coming from closed beta play.

Like any other Blizz game, you can add friends and whisper them. Not really sure what else you need or expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    There's a global chat channel, similar to other Blizz games, but I don't think you can make you're own up like you can in D3 or SC2.

However, people are very chatty and vocal (compared to other shooting games), as Overwatch is as much about playing as a team, as it is to get kills. Of course this is just coming from closed beta play.

Like any other Blizz game, you can add friends and whisper them. Not really sure what else you need or expect.
    That's really not good enough. I would expect a full-blown lobby of some kind. Something where you can intermingle with hundreds of other players at least. That's what I would need to draw me into an FPS game. Its the internet. Be social.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2016-05-22 at 07:03 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.