Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Jerma versus Star, Jerma versus Star, Jerma versus Star, everyone wants to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Mate, a game popularity shows on the day its out.
    Have you heard of csgo ? it's that other shooter you know the most popular esport with those million dollar tv contracts incoming and shit. You know how that started ? Welcome to the internet btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by drockrock View Post
    I think a lot of people are watching right now simply because they cannot access the game. Once the hype has died down and more people have access to it and it's still on top, then you'll be absolutely right.
    Anything other than waiting and observing how it turns out is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    It's the first blizzard game that is 1st in Viewers on beta debut. WoW beta's rarely reached 60k viewers, yet a lot of ppl play wow.
    Starcraft. Given those were different times. Still - starcraft. pretty sure hearthstone did so as well.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Almost everytime there is a new game that has decent hype it gets to top 1-3 for a while... lets see how it fares in a week.
    Actually...
    Everytime soda streams a game it gets to top 3.
    Don't like the guy but still. Anyway. Stream/twitch say nothing about the game.

WoW has probably 5M players, but won't hit 2K views unless popular people stream.

the beta hype is big, limited amount of ppl got in, they stream it, everyone whos waiting or just didnt get a bera access is watching right now
    in a week most streamers will drop the game and its gonna struggle to get top5

Deleted
    No game usually claims #1 spot, LoL popularity is to big for that, i been long time twitch user.
    but Overwatch already destroyed LoL in popularity today.
    mark my words, Overwatch is gonna be the new big thing.
    Mark my words, youre a fking idiot

infracted
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2015-10-27 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Typical jaylock v2 thread. just look at his signature.
    thats what i thought aswell LOL

Deleted
    Overwatch atm #1 on twitch, it's even still beta.
    Beating LoL by far.

new #1 game inc? Probably
    Do you ever think before you post something?
    on topic: yeah, pretty much what everyone else said. new game, new shiny, much hype.

OP is part of the "fanboy Triangularity"

Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    It's Gimlix. Fanboy #1. Just leave him in his delusions.
    someone is having sour grapes since he didnt get beta access

Deleted
    One warning is all I am going to post here, attacking the OP or any poster will be infracted!

No game usually claims #1 spot, LoL popularity is to big for that, i been long time twitch user.
    You know Lirik will top any game when he strams, he can make pokemon yellow become the nr 1 watched game in the matter of seconds

Honestly, if they try to compete with already existing markets they're going to be in tough shape. Like other MMOs and WoW, people have too much invested in WoW to try other MMOs seriously, which is why WoW blows other MMOs out of the water.

Similarly with LoL and CS, people have a lot invested in the games. Blizzard will have a hard time drawing away the bigger audience. What they might find is a market that likes to play to FPS games, but is somehow turned off by the current big models. They need to find a niche that isn't fully exploited yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcbound View Post
    Honestly, if they try to compete with already existing markets they're going to be in tough shape. Like other MMOs and WoW, people have too much invested in WoW to try other MMOs seriously, which is why WoW blows other MMOs out of the water.

Similarly with LoL and CS, people have a lot invested in the games. Blizzard will have a hard time drawing away the bigger audience. What they might find is a market that likes to play to FPS games, but is somehow turned off by the current big models. They need to find a niche that isn't fully exploited yet.
    Overwatch is a complete new sorta game.
    Just as LoL suddenly dominated the Moba market, overwatch will dominate his market.
    If not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Any game that comes out hits top. HOTS did the same back then as did Hearthstone. I'm sure Overwatch is a good game but don't give it too much credit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    And all the people who usually watch other games (causing their viewer count to drop) will be back watching their regular streams causing Overwatch to go down and other games back up. First day numbers are irrelevant, the numbers a week from now will give a better idea of overall excitement for the game.

Deleted
    New game. /thread

It´s just becouse Lirik is streaming it and first day they are allowed to stream, so probably have to wait a few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    A well-known Blizzard fan boy drooling over a Blizzard game, move along folks.

Please refrain from inconstructive posts like this. It adds absolutely nothing to the discussion, and only contributes to a more toxic environment, which we do not condone.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2015-10-28 at 06:25 AM.

Deleted
    Nice gnillort OP. New blizzard game gets much attention on literally first day of beta. Such surprise much wow.
    I mean cmon even hots the biggest fail so far got 70k or something like this very first beta day.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2015-10-27 at 07:58 PM.