Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

A rant about the Prioritised brats

I'm talking Specificially about the Streamers here.

Don't get me wrong, I've accepted my fate of not coming into Beta myself, but I think I speak for some people here. Why the hell are certain streamers that are clearly not deserving of it in? I do not give a crap if they're big or not, my point being

Here we have blizzard fanboys such as myself throwing money at blizzard all the time, sticking with them trough hard times, then these people who play League of legends and dont even care about anything blizzard produces at all get's in. I mean, are you serious Sure I may act like brat now but I still think it's unfair that people that have unquestionable loyality to blizzard gets shit on, then we have the streamers who couldnt give two fucks about Overwatch getting in. They are the people that just signed up for beta 2 hours before it started and got in which pisses me the fuck off. "Oh but they need to advertise the game!" If people are interested in the game in the first place, they'll just watch a random stream for content instead, they're not going to be less hyped from not getting their favorite streamer on, they'll just end up more salty than ever

Again, I've accepted my fate of not getting in, end of rant.

Streamers are free advertisement and a lot more people can enjoy a streamer's key than a random person's key.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Blizzard needs, no, must get the game out into public view as much as possible. Believe it or not, many of the game's target audience will not have heard the game on Blizzard fan sites such as MMO-C, and mainstream video game news sites such as IGN don't even cover OW at all. Using Twitch as a way to get the word out that this game even exists in the first place is essential, especially with what amounts to a demo coming out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I think you are getting a little bit picky about RNG. I understand frustration but really, they were just that lucky. I am like you, playing mostly Blizz games and today, I am in No Beta club.
    I'm talking more about the people that gets a guranteed invite to the beta then want nothing to do with blizzardi n the first place, when someone else could have had the spot. But alas the world is not fair

Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    If people are interested in the game in the first place, they'll just watch a random stream for content instead, they're not going to be less hyped from not getting their favorite streamer on
    Here's the thing.

If people are already interested in the game there's a decent chance that you aren't going to need much advertising to reach them.

What Blizzard are looking for with streamers is for people who aren't so interested in the game to watch their favourite streamer, who happens to be playing Overwatch, and then think that the game looks pretty cool and something that they should check out.

The vast majority of people in the beta are not streamers or youtubers.

Don't get me wrong, I've accepted my fate of not coming into Beta myself, but I think I speak for some people here. Why the hell are certain streamers that are clearly not deserving of it in? I do not give a crap if they're big or not, my point being

Here we have blizzard fanboys such as myself throwing money at blizzard all the time, sticking with them trough hard times, then these people who play League of legends and dont even care about anything blizzard produces at all get's in. I mean, are you serious Sure I may act like brat now but I still think it's unfair that people that have unquestionable loyality to blizzard gets shit on, then we have the streamers who couldnt give two fucks about Overwatch getting in. They are the people that just signed up for beta 2 hours before it started and got in which pisses me the fuck off. "Oh but they need to advertise the game!" If people are interested in the game in the first place, they'll just watch a random stream for content instead, they're not going to be less hyped from not getting their favorite streamer on, they'll just end up more salty than ever

Advertising is more important than your personal feelings. Present the game to X thousands of people vs one person. Use your brain and quit feeling entitled over s video game.

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My only problem is that giving streamers and youtubers priority access just furthers the cancer in the gaming industry where the only people allowed to get a first look are the ones who aren't going to give it a poor review.

Because no one gives a shit about you playing the game, but a lot of people give a shit about the game if a streamer plays it. Simple as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by masterdisaster View Post
    My only problem is that giving streamers and youtubers priority access just furthers the cancer in the gaming industry where the only people allowed to get a first look are the ones who aren't going to give it a poor review.
    Youtuber and streamers are very VERY rarely required to have any forced opinions. People like TB/AJ etc gets early review copies/beta access for most gaves, even those they slam.

Streamers DO get priority, ask them on the stream and they will confirm it. They send an email to their contact at Blizzard who then gives their info to the people doing the invites and they flag their accounts manually. Summit said he got it by emailing Blizzard, Lirik got it by emailing Blizzard, etc. Sodapoppin emailed them but didn't get an invite as usual because they hate him, but that's not the point. The big streamers do not remove chances of you getting in, they are outside the "invite cycle".

The last couple of games/xpacs that came out in beta were prioritized to streamers and they even admitted that for w/e game it was at the time. Its just a good way to hype up their games. If your not a streamer I wouldnt expect to get it this week. If you do get it, your lucky.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Youtuber and streamers are very VERY rarely required to have any forced opinions. People like TB/AJ etc gets early review copies/beta access for most gaves, even those they slam.
    Well they get them less often now, especially AngryJoe. Turns out if you build a career around getting embarrassingly angry at almost everything, companies will ignore you.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Invites happen in waves, so you haven't been shit on until the game goes live.

2. Not getting anything doesn't mean you get shit on anyway, as Blizzard haven't done anything to make matters WORSE for you.

3. Glad you got it out of your system, a good rant always helps =)
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    This shit wouldn't even happen if most of you weren't shitheads brainlessly following streaming leaders in the first place. Blizzard is merely adapting to your own stupidity, while you're trying to shift it onto someone/something else.

Deleted
    Im one of the few to get inside the beta, not a streamer btw and i defi dont have any connections to blizzard.

After a few hours in the game i already feel alittle bored tbh, the gameplay is smooth and i can see why the game could get some attention, but in the long run, purely e-sport attention

imho, you aint missing out on stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    People thinking Blizzard games need the hype.. smh

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I think you are getting a little bit picky about RNG. I understand frustration but really, they were just that lucky. I am like you, playing mostly Blizz games and today, I am in No Beta club.
    Closed beta invites ARE NOT random. At all. They're (At the very least) picked based upon history, activity, willingness to give feedback, and computer specs. There are also people (like streamers and YouTube reviewers) who are given priority. Giving CLOSED beta invites out randomly would result in a horrible data source.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    Well they get them less often now, especially AngryJoe. Turns out if you build a career around getting embarrassingly angry at almost everything, companies will ignore you.
    negative publicity to the company's eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    TB gets them pretty much every time. And he is not exactly super positive about most games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    This shit wouldn't even happen if most of you weren't shitheads brainlessly following streaming leaders in the first place. Blizzard is merely adapting to your own stupidity, while you're trying to shift it onto someone/something else.
    Would be the same as saying that everyone is shitheads for buying anything because advertisement exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesamoth View Post
    Im one of the few to get inside the beta, not a streamer btw and i defi dont have any connections to blizzard.

After a few hours in the game i already feel alittle bored tbh, the gameplay is smooth and i can see why the game could get some attention, but in the long run, purely e-sport attention

imho, you aint missing out on stuff
    When people don't get what they want when they want it they go into an emotional state that scientists at the While-E Coyote School of medicine call, "Nerdicus Rageicus." which has symptoms which include blind accusations, throwing tantrums on forums and an elevated state of agression and unreasonability. The only cure is to get what they want.