Current Unholy on M: Archi

Are unholy DKs preferred with current gear ~725-730 and current state of rings for M:Archimonde progression? Or now that with players having nearly maxed rings and upper 720s infernals and adds die so quick bursty classes preferred over us?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally you can get by with other classes, but 1-2 death knights make the third phase a lot more reliable. Death grip is by far the most reliable and quickest way to separate infernals, especially when 2-4 of them land pretty much on top of each other.

As far as damage goes, unholy DKs are pretty lackluster otherwise, although their boss damage in the last phase is decent, considering you can pretty much execute right from the the start.

Yeah they do good damage to the dogs in the second phase, but honestly they are really a non-issue. Lots of other classes are better at priority damage on doomfires, infernals and deathcallers. Considering dogs are pretty much a non-issue, I wonder if more unholy DKs just opt to go with BoS now on Archimonde. It's superior boss damage, and you will get to use it at least twice. Unholy while pretty average, does do pretty good burst damage with all CDs running when you include BoS.

In short, I'd still have 1-2, solely because of grips in the last phase. One of those two DKs being a blood DK though.

I'm not quite there yet but I would say besides the death grip other classes can do the same thing if not better but i would still probably run atleast 1 unholy dk in the comp.