Thread: torbjorn

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

torbjorn

Serves the same purpose as Bastion ( area denial ), while Bastion is WAY WAY WAY better than him.
    I have not seen a single torbjorn player.

Why does he even exist ?

It's way too soon for these sort of judgement. I imagine there is an inherent advantage to not being your own turret and being able to repair it / boost armor

10+ Year Old Account
    You should have seen Towelliee yesterday in Summit's stream. He put up a turret on a moving platform and was absolutely wrecking.
    Overwatch is all about counterpicking.

It is in the game because engineer is in the TF2 game, and is a tactical unit who creates pinch points and defensive zones while still being able to move around in another part of the battlefield applying pressure as needed, you can have a unit on defence while you run around gunning people. He also drops armor packs. You can't have this kind of game and not have a torbjorn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It is in the game because engineer is in the TF2 game, and is a tactical unit who creates pinch points and defensive zones while still being able to move around in another part of the battlefield applying pressure as needed, you can have a unit on defence while you run around gunning people. He also drops armor packs. You can't have this kind of game and not have a torbjorn.
    tf2 doesnt have a mobile turret with an almost impenetrable shield class, tf2 engie also has teleport and dispenser, those 2 in overwatch are completely different characters, lucio and symmetra, damn now that i think about it, even symmetra is better than torbjorn, 3 smaller turrets that you can hide instead of 1, shield instead of armor, and a way better ultimate

It drops armor for your allies, It's to soon to say how good or bad that is. It also gets to use a turret and move by itself. Talking about balance day two is dumb, even if you're correct it to early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
    tf2 doesnt have a mobile turret with an almost impenetrable shield class, tf2 engie also has teleport and dispenser, those 2 in overwatch are completely different characters, lucio and symmetra, damn now that i think about it, even symmetra is better than torbjorn, 3 smaller turrets that you can hide instead of 1, shield instead of armor, and a way better ultimate
    You are looking at it in a black and white way, which you really can't with all the characters and boards objectives. There are going to be times when he shines above the rest, also this is beta and they can change his output at any time including after beta. Towellie seems to be making great use of him from his twitch streams. You also have to make exceptions for personal skill. Sure in games of equal skill there would be a difference, but that never actually happens.

Level 3 turret in certain positions on a couple maps is absolutely ridonculous. I've wiped entire teams blowing their ults just trying, and FAILING to kill it.

Something I suspect not many are aware of: Molten Core is giving you infinite scrap. You can drop a level 3 turret in about 3/4ths of Molten Core's duration. It's brutal.

It isn't common knowledge yet that Pharra's E does massive amounts of damage to Shields or that Reaper/Tracer can just blink behind Bastion and murder them. Could also be tuning at this stage. Torbjorn may very well merit buffs but people are still working out the basics atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It isn't common knowledge yet that Pharra's E does massive amounts of damage to Shields
    Extremely good to know, that's for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It isn't common knowledge yet that Pharra's E does massive amounts of damage to Shields or that Reaper/Tracer can just blink behind Bastion and murder them. Could also be tuning at this stage. Torbjorn may very well merit buffs but people are still working out the basics atm.
    Ster was also saying Symmertra's weapon would travel through shields and hurt whatever was on the other side, although I couldn't really confirm it myself.

Would be nice to get some damage numbers back from the beta. Don't even know how much damage melee does, or if rockets do less damage if the splash just barely hits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Ster was also saying Symmertra's weapon would travel through shields and hurt whatever was on the other side, although I couldn't really confirm it myself.

Would be nice to get some damage numbers back from the beta. Don't even know how much damage melee does, or if rockets do less damage if the splash just barely hits them.
    I can confirm that not only does Sym's secondary-fire penetrate shields, it also pierces through people (scored a quad-kill with a fully charged shot in King's Row in an alley).

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    I can confirm that not only does Sym's secondary-fire penetrate shields, it also pierces through people (scored a quad-kill with a fully charged shot in King's Row in an alley).
    Is it strong enough for her to be a hard counter to Bastion? I had an extremely unpleasant experience earlier in Gibralter where FIVE bastions holed up in a room, covering each other and every entrance, so the only way to really attack them was from the front. A Tracer or Pharah or Reaper would just get blitzed. Was pretty unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Is it strong enough for her to be a hard counter to Bastion? I had an extremely unpleasant experience earlier in Gibralter where FIVE bastions holed up in a room, covering each other and every entrance, so the only way to really attack them was from the front. A Tracer or Pharah or Reaper would just get blitzed. Was pretty unpleasant.
    Couldn't say; I haven't come up against Bastion yet, let alone the scenario you experienced. The drawback to Sym's secondary-fire is that it's a bit slow to fully charge, and you can't hold onto a full charge for too long before it auto-fires.

I've seen Torbjörn players getting play of the game while dead thanks to their turrets -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care if its day 2, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that "wall-e" ( Bastion, thats our name for him ), and "Bank a hammer on my turret for play of the game " man are OP as hell.

We played against a reinhert, widowmaker, 2 wall-e's, a torbjorn, and a mercy on attack maps ( where you take 2 points ), and it was impossible. Between the sniper killing anyone who leaked behind, reinhert soaking every long range rocket sent at turrets/wall-e's... game was STUPID.

Funny as hell. But stupid.

Wall-e shouldnt have insane dmg + rate of fire while also having a badass shield that apparently takes 8 rockets to even come close to bringing it down.

There is some balancing to be done but its day 2. WIth that..I played as Torbjorn last night and wrecked some people. Knowing where to put that turret is key and it really helps. Yes Bastion is powerful (somewhat OP right now as a turret) but if you can sneak behind him (as this one guy did playing as Tracer) he's toast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airblade View Post
    There is some balancing to be done but its day 2. WIth that..I played as Torbjorn last night and wrecked some people. Knowing where to put that turret is key and it really helps. Yes Bastion is powerful (somewhat OP right now as a turret) but if you can sneak behind him (as this one guy did playing as Tracer) he's toast.
    Yeah, except when the other team is smart and leaves a reaper behind him to watch his back as he single handedly prevents anyone from actually taking the point :P

I would imagine the dwarf is slightly harder to hit as a sniper. Also Junkrat who seems to have a little limping to his walk cycle. That would make it a nightmare is sniping is anything like it is in Tf2.

A good Torb makes pushing into a room / turning an alley damn near impossible.

A bad Torb is an easy kill, along with his turrets.

That said, Zayra is also a decent counter if you push as a group - her shield will last long enough to blast it, and power her up besides. If you're lucky, you can even rambo it so the rest of your team can push in.. but you have to be *really* lucky or sneaky for that.