Poll: Your view/stance on Aliens

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can't tell you. Its classified.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

To many variable to get a general hypothesis on there. Aliens could exist alongside, could have existed before us, or never existed at all. There is a video on Youtube about the Fermi Paradox that you should check out that tries to tackle the concept of why we haven't found aliens yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    We can't be alone in universe. Whether we should try to make contact or not depends on if they're friendly/neutral or hostile. If there is a civilization out there that can travel to earth, they most certainly have the tech to wipe us out before we even know what's happening.
    I agree, it's pretty risky to assume they are friendly. I believe we should avoid contact, unless it's by accident or they take the first step.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Voted "They exist but we should wait for them to communicate/contact us."

I think there's a good chance that there's something else out there, but I think looking for it is pointless, at least at our currently level of technology. Even if we did spot it finally, thousands of light years away.. Then what?
    We could start burning all churches for example!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Aliens would be evidence that we aren't living in a simulation like Neo's Matrix. Creating a race of aliens would be a lot of work for the simulation's owners, why go trough setting up an entire alien race if all you're interested in is Earth.
    I think someone needs a reality check.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What evidence, exactly?

Oh please.
    Just look around you aliens.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Voted "They exist but we should wait for them to communicate/contact us."

I think there's a good chance that there's something else out there, but I think looking for it is pointless, at least at our currently level of technology. Even if we did spot it finally, thousands of light years away.. Then what?
    Then we have to wonder how advanced they are at the current moment, if we spot them how they were, thousands of years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

with the scale of the universe, it's unlikely earth is the only inhabited planet

with the scale of the universe and our current technology, it's unlikely earth will make contact with another inhabited planet anytime soon.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    To many variable to get a general hypothesis on there. Aliens could exist alongside, could have existed before us, or never existed at all. There is a video on Youtube about the Fermi Paradox that you should check out that tries to tackle the concept of why we haven't found aliens yet.
    I know why. We are
    1)Limiting our search to planets that have similar make ups as our earth
    2)We don't have the means to see that far nor investigate any planets we even find that we think might house something
    3)We pass up so many planets because of reason 1 that we could have easily passed up an alien race

All the reasons we need
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Oh please.
    Oh please yourself with your ridiculous 0% and 100% claims.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I know why. We are
    2)We don't have the means to see that far nor investigate any planets we even find that we think might house something
    3)We pass up so many planets because of reason 1 that we could have easily passed up an alien race

All the reasons we need
    No, it's also a matter of time. The planets we're seeing, is how they were a long time ago. Our attempts to make contact isn't instant, the transmissions don't just get there in no time.

No, it's also a matter of time. The planets we're seeing, is how they were a long time ago. Our attempts to make contact isn't instant, the transmissions don't just get there in no time.
    Exactly. Reason 2. We don't have the means to investigate them or even see some of them. Our technology is so low at the moment that even if we see them, like you said, its how they used to look.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    We aren't actually seeing any planets beyond the ones in our own solar system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Life may be common throughout the universe, or it may be unique to this planet, we don't know.

Anybody who says there is definitely or definitely not life elsewhere is making it up, we don't know.

We know life can exist in this universe and that life can be extremely hardy, but that's about it, we have a sample size of one and don't know enough about the probability of abiogenesis happening to create any valid formula for determining if life is likely or not to exist elsewhere.

I'd like to think life exists elsewhere but I don't know, nobody does.

There is absolutely no evidence we are aware of that extraterrestrial life has visited this planet, so again, we don't know that either.

tl;dr We don't know.

They do exist and are staying away from us. Daily news proves why they should continue to keep their distance. We are children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I know why. We are

All the reasons we need
    Actually the most common belief is due to Great Barriers that prevent life. During the development of life on a planet, various Barriers exist that it has to overcome in order to exist. The 2 most common theories are:
    1. We have overcame all the Great Barriers and are one of the first species to ever do so....
    2. There is still a barrier we haven't hit yet....and it could cause an extermination event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    We aren't actually seeing any planets beyond the ones in our own solar system.
    No we can see plenty of planets, the issue is that when we find them they are millions and millions of years in front of us. 20 Light Years, literally means we are seeing that planet how it was 20 years ago. Now imagine, when we say a planet is 300 million light years away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    1010101 1001 0010 100101 010101 111101

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    a universe as huge as this

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...LER_(JPEG).jpg

i cannot deny the aliens at all, its not possible, its infact "stupid", even in maths, there is a huge chance for universe as huge as this to have not just 2 life forms, but many

plus, this picture scares the hell of me

Deleted
    Oh look, a thread that requires solid proof that believers and non believers do not have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    No we can see plenty of planets, the issue is that when we find them they are millions and millions of years in front of us. 20 Light Years, literally means we are seeing that planet how it was 20 years ago. Now imagine, when we say a planet is 300 million light years away.
    No, we don't see plenty of planets directly. Only indirectly.