BiS and Stat/Spec Optimization Questions

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I attempted to link my armory profile here as it will be helpful in answering my questions, but since I'm new I'm not allowed to do that. My character is Mordrathor on Tichondrius.

I was running H HFC with my guild last night, and a Warforged + Leech Mannoroth's Calcified Eye dropped. The other tank (Monk) and I both said it was our BiS. I ended up winning the roll and was given the ring. However, after we killed Arch, there was some discussion about whether or not it actually was BiS for me. I'm currently running Defile, but another raid member said that Breath of Sindragosa was better from what he had seen and read. If that were the case, then the ring off of Zakuun would actually be BiS for me due to the Multistrike (ignoring the Warforged + Leech). That all got me wondering if I should give the ring to the Monk, which I still have time to do. There won't be any bad blood or guild drama if I don't, I just want to do what's optimal for our raid group.

So I guess my two main questions here are should I be running Breath or Defile, and should I be gearing for maximum survivability or taking a more DPS-oriented approach? Since those answers my depend on our raid environment, I'll share some things about it.

Our healers are all great, both in terms of skill and gear. In fact, sometimes I think they're a bit too good - over half of my self-healing ends up being overhealing. I've tried waiting until my health goes down to DS, but that just resulted in a lot of wasted runes and GCDs. I've considered taking more a DPS-oriented build prior to this ring disucssion as a result. Survivability is good, but if I have way more than I need, being able to kick out a little extra damage seems more efficient.

On the other hand, we just started Mythic last night. I'm not certain how well my survivability will scale into Mythic as we progress through there, and I would tend to think that insufficient tank survivability would cause more wipes than insufficient tank DPS.

I should also mention that I could add at least an extra 800 Multistrike to the stats shown in my armory by swapping some gear and my gems/enchants. I also have Discordant Chorus as another trinket option.

Anyway, I would certainly appreciate any and all advice you guys have to give. Thanks!

I would recommend watching this podcast It would probably help you out a lot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fldJoxTXJI