10+ Year Old Account

Overwatch's competition is going to be...

This!

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/1...player-preview

Love Jeff the spider. Billy and Mandy reffernce can't be all that bad =D but yeah... wonder if Blizz devs were watching the Paris Games week conference... some big announcements made there yesterday.

This game looks remarkably similar to overwatch, and even has a hero that seems identical to Zenyatta :P. But Battleborn was announced in 2014.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it's LawBreakers

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks awesome by that video as well.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

10+ Year Old Account
    Character-Driven Team Shooters are the new hit genre bandwagon for developers to jump on. First it was MMOs, then it was MOBAs, now is the era of the CDTS. Overwatch, Battleborn, Gigantic, Lawbreakers - these are but the first. There will be more.

Funnily enough, when Team Fortress 2 was popular there was a small burst of this, but it didn't seem to last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Character-Driven Team Shooters are the new hit genre bandwagon for developers to jump on. First it was MMOs, then it was MOBAs, now is the era of the CDTS. Overwatch, Battleborn, Gigantic, Lawbreakers - these are but the first. There will be more.

Funnily enough, when Team Fortress 2 was popular there was a small burst of this, but it didn't seem to last very long.
    RIP Super Monday Night Combat.

Deleted
    Battleborn looks pretty discusting. Couldnt even watch it till the end cause I think I´ll get a stroke if I do.
    Lawbreakers on the other hand looks pretty delicious. damn

Damn Lawbreakers looks insane.

It's great that Blizzard has some strong competition from the get-go, can only be healthy for the game and the players. Shows how important it is to not only jump on the train when it comes to video games, you got to have the lead. They had an easy ride with WoW and Hearthstone, but Hots shows that breaking through a well-established genre is rocky.

Does For Honor fit somewhere? 'Cause that's the only one I want to play : /

It's teamy, sort of... one of the directors called it a shooter with swords!

I'm amazed that Lawbreakers somehow found out how to make weapons cover up even more of the screen than Overwatch does lol, good god those knives from the first character.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Blizz usually wins these competitions. I mean, it won the RTS genre, the MMO genre, the top down diablo genre, the card game genre.

Overwatch will have a way of making these competitors look irrelevant
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Blizz usually wins these competitions. I mean, it won the RTS genre, the MMO genre, the top down diablo genre, the card game genre.

Overwatch will have a way of making these competitors look irrelevant
    But they are failing in the genres that e-sports is biggest in, MOBA and FPS

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

You mean Team Fortress, Team Fortress 2, Dirty Bomb, Plants vs. Zombies, etc. were the first.

I've watched a lot of Overwatch, and I'd love to see it as another Blizzard massive hit. But I have yet to see anything whatsoever that makes it any better than TF2. And the people I've talked with who got into the beta and played it said it's ok, nothing special, and they got bored pretty quickly. Hearthstone was a copy of MtG, but I could see the difference and appeal with HS over MtG. So I was hoping for something that Blizz hadn't revealed yet to set it apart from TF2 or Dirty Bomb, but I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by methwow View Post
    But they are failing in the genres that e-sports is biggest in, MOBA and FPS
    Hearthstone is pretty big. SC2 was on top for a really long time so they've got some time there.

They're also definitely not failing FPS, considering the beta just went out to the public 2 fucking days ago.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no it won't. Why? They don't have Blizzard, that's why.

However Blizzards worst enemy is, Blizzard.
    -K