Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Yes I do I used to work in a place called the food processing center. Putting food in a jar is a type of processing.

Again arguing semantics. Cutting lettuce is also processing just not the kind being talked about. Processed food in this context is food high in preservatives to make it last longer usually unhealthy chemicals used to prolong the life of food on the shelf. Not some strawberries that were flash frozen etc.

Probably one of the best things I ever did was cut out soda, completely. I haven't had as much as a sip of any kind of soda in three years. At first it was hard, I would eat something and just crave it so badly but eventually the craving went away and now I only drink plain water or occasionally milk with every meal. After cutting it out I felt so much better all the time and even slept better. Just the thought of drinking that chemical laced sugar water seems disgusting to me now; it's really vile stuff.

I think first off, you gotta adapt your schedule, figure out your plan on what you'll be buying and the quantity/amount (a week or two's worth). Definitely might wanna watch some cooking shows to spice up some plain, boring, repetitive meals.

Consider buying a Sous-vide, they're awesome

i am interested in the 'carmelized' part of your picture.

does it really caramelize the meat? like searing in a pan/grill?

because that sounds delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    Probably one of the best things I ever did was cut out soda, completely. I haven't had as much as a sip of any kind of soda in three years. At first it was hard, I would eat something and just crave it so badly but eventually the craving went away and now I only drink plain water or occasionally milk with every meal. After cutting it out I felt so much better all the time and even slept better. Just the thought of drinking that chemical laced sugar water seems disgusting to me now; it's really vile stuff.
    Pretty much the same way for me, though at the moment on a little over a month without pop. I've done it before and lasted a year, but always said ok everything in moderation, but that stuff is my one vice and I'd drink it like crazy everyday. Getting that out of my life and then dropping other sugars to basically nothing has me feeling amazing and not perpetually 5 feet behind myself with a brain encased in fog.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post

I hate to be the one to tell you, but milk and bread are not healthy.
    they got you really convinced huh. moderation is the key to everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I guess it's an American thing that you need to even talk about cutting fast food from your diet.
    Nobody I know (in Finland) eats fast food so often that it would have basically any effect on their weight. We (generally) don't eat out that often.
    wow you're so cool and edgy

why can't more people be like this guy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Yeah... as others have said... Milk and bread are not ideal.

Bread = lots of wheat starch. Starch = body metabolizes into sugar.
    Milk = lots of lactose. Lactose is a sugar.

Bread and milk are sugar and more sugar.
    sigh... people really this dense?
    _

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polar1 View Post
    What? A 6 foot tall, 176 pound male sitting on his butt needs 1600. 2000 is the standard for a normal office employee.
    Yeah, you can calculate it quite easily.
    176lb/6'0" average male? "Your RMR is an estimated 2064 calories per day."

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    ^^ The amount of sugar the human body needs is tiny compared to the amount of sugar most people actually eat.

And if you eat apples in excess it's bad for you. Fruit isn't healthy just because it is natural. The stuff in fruit that is healthy is not the sugar. Like honestly, people will sit there and eat half a bag of oranges because some idiot said "DERP EAT FRUIT IS HEALTHY LOL". Or they'll give their kids apple juice, because they are idiots and think that taking something like fruit, and refining out everything but the sugar, water, and flavor somehow maintains it's healthiness.

Eating the occasional piece of fruit is healthy because it contains vitamins and minerals and fibre. The stuff that gets scooped out if you turn it into juice. Or a "real fruit smoothie". Stuff that you don't need 10 servings of per day.
    hence moderation, ffs. grow up

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Again arguing semantics. Cutting lettuce is also processing just not the kind being talked about. Processed food in this context is food high in preservatives to make it last longer usually unhealthy chemicals used to prolong the life of food on the shelf. Not some strawberries that were flash frozen etc.
    Except to the people arguing against processed foods are also arguing against frozen foods as well.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Except to the people arguing against processed foods are also arguing against frozen foods as well.
    It was just a comparison, you can substitute frozen for chopped.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I really hate leftovers. I'd rather order a fresh pizza back-to-back days than have to reheat leftover pizza.
    I used to be like this with pizza, until I started reheating it in the oven instead of the microwave. Makes a hell of a difference if you have the patience for it. Preheat oven to 350F, stick pizza in there for about 10 minutes, done. Takes longer than the microwave, but well worth the wait. It ends up getting all soggy and nasty if you reheat it in the microwave. A reheated pizza is still never going to be as awesome as a fresh pizza regardless of what you do, but oven >>>>>>> microwave.

OT: as far as easy meals to make at home, I'd recommend stir fry. You can get as creative as you want, but just about anyone can make the simple version. Heat some oil, cook your choice of meat (usually beef/chicken, cut in strips) until done, add whatever vegetables you want (broccoli and some kind of sliced pepper/onions is usually a good start if you haven't done it before), stir vegetables in with meat and cook until vegetables are tender, then add some kind of finishing sauce (this is my favorite, but you can use whatever you like), stir everything in that for another minute or two, done. Overall...takes about 15-20 minutes.

Most grocery stores have these "stir fry kits" you can buy with all the meat/vegetables sliced up and packaged ready for you to cook, but like I said, you can get as creative as you want and buy/prepare all the stuff yourself too.

edit: Found this. Basic as it gets if you want a quick/easy recipe.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-11-10 at 04:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    they got you really convinced huh. moderation is the key to everything.
    Eating healthy is different for everyone cause not everyone can agree what is good or bad for you. Is Milk good or bad for you? Are eggs good or bad for you? There's lots of people who think eating eggs will increase cholesterol. Is being a Vegan good or bad for you? Truth is you eat what you need, not what you want. We don't do that cause we eat what we want, and hopefully get what we need.

Milk and bread isn't bad for you. I personally have cereal with milk and I use plain milk. Bread though is something I avoid, cause it has too many sugars/carbs and makes me hungry. Carbs make me want to eat more. I used to be the guy that ate a huge plate of spaghetti and was still hungry, so I ate another. Sometimes I went for a 3rd plate, and that's just one meal. I used to do this regularly which is why I used to be 360lbs. But I learned and now avoid carbs and sugars like the plague. It takes a long time before my body adjusts to eating a low carb diet.

But that's me, and not everyone works this way. Some people can eat pizza and spaghetti and candy bars all day and it doesn't effect them. Another reason I avoid bread is because of free radicals but that's another thing for another topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Yeah, you can calculate it quite easily.
    176lb/6'0" average male? "Your RMR is an estimated 2064 calories per day."
    what about 95lb 5'8"?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    How you feel is directly tied to how you are.
    Oh boy, there are so many people who feel just great with their health but when they go to the doctor they find numerous types of problems. No, you can feel perfectly fine even with a tapeworm living in you. Feeling good doesn't mean that you are healthy. And feeling bad doesn't mean that you are not healthy.

Also, milk that you find in store is not actually milk anymore. I once bought milk in supermarket and was shocked to find out that it didn't spoiled in 3 fucking weeks in fridge
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-11-10 at 05:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Oh boy, there are so many people who feel just great with their health but when they go to the doctor they find numerous types of problems. No, you can feel perfectly fine even with a tapeworm living in you. Feeling good doesn't mean that you are healthy. And feeling bad doesn't mean that you are not healthy.

Also, milk that you find in store is not actually milk anymore. I once bought milk in supermarket and was shocked to find out that it didn't spoiled in 3 fucking weeks in fridge
    fridges are nice huh, just got one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    fridges are nice huh, just got one?
    Normal pasteurized milk spoils after a week in a fridge, this "1% low fat" bullshit you can find on a shelf of supermarket is definitely not milk anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Normal pasteurized milk spoils after a week in a fridge, this "1% low fat" bullshit you can find on a shelf of supermarket is definitely not milk anymore
    Interestingly, "Organic" milk usually spoils slower than "regular" milk. Check the expiration dates next time you're in a store.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.