• Not okay!

5 7.69%
  • Don't care

39 60.00%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Sexism in Overwatch: Widowmaker

I'm totally fine with the depiction of Tracer and Mercy in the game but Widowmaker is offending me deeply. This character is literally booty and cleavage in a tight bodysuit with an absurdly sexist walk. That is sexism at it's best and I expected much better from Blizzard.
    Maybe Anita Sarkeesian is right after all?

Would like to hear your opinion!
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2015-10-29 at 11:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This gon be gud, im waiting for some action in this thread
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    I'm totally fine with the depiction of Tracer and Mercy in the game but Widowmaker is offending me deeply. This character is literally booty and cleavage in a tight bodysuit with an absurdly sexist walk. That is sexism at it's best and I expected much better from Blizzard.

So get over it? No one is forcing you to play her.

If you're so "triggered" then the problem lies with you.

Also what are you saying? Women can't dress sexily in front of you? How sexist of you.

What's wrong with her being sexy? It's not like she's some weak damsel, she's a fucking bad ass assassin.

Deleted
    That pole is a joke and very tainted with your oppinion. And if theres one thing that we all "should" be able to agree on, then its that Anita Sarkeesian is definitly not right...

Reaper is a super buff dude, and Hanzo is a super fit male showing some skin, not every male has that amount of definition and it's offensive to dad bods everywhere.

Trollin hard yo

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to sexualize her, then stop sexualizing her.

Deleted

Anita Scameesian
    ayy lmao

you cant expect anyone to take you seriously when you mention her

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I've listened for 10 minutes to Anita before I heard what bullshit she is spouting out. Can't believe people actually believe that crap.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Also, Reinhardt?

Super big white knight (literally), I mean cmon, what male is that big?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    She's designed to be a seductress and an assassin. Yes, her outfit is crazy. The point is meant to distract her enemies. She's a stone-cold killer who will use every asset (including her own sex appeal) to win. Do you not know her backstory or something?

That's not what sexism is.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    The picture you just linked can be related to rule 34. But that rule applies to everything in this world, no, galaxy. Just because someone find her blue-ish skin and the walking style hot shouldn't warrant so much hatred.
    I mean, look at Reaper and Hanzo. Reaper is buff and dark, while Hanzo shows a lot of his body. The picture is unwarranted for.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    She's designed to be a seductress and an assassin. Yes, her outfit is crazy. The point is meant to distract her enemies. She's a stone-cold killer who will use every asset (including her own sex appeal) to win. Do you not know her backstory or something?
    ^ Like Alar says. There's a difference between Battle Bunny Riven and Widowmaker, and that's BB Riven is made for pure fandom.

"Man up" , cause if you are triggered by pixels and fantazy characters you are weak as a twig. Now i know i know this is bait but i dont care :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It think roadhog is sexist deciption of males as fat pigs. I got triggered because of this. I also got aroused because he is too sexy and is shown in oversexualized way (you can see too much skin, especially on belly).

Deleted
    You obviously don't know what sexist/sexism means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Realsykes View Post
    Also, Reinhardt?

Super big white knight (literally), I mean cmon, what male is that big?
    dude thats not how feminism works, it only applies to women, for example :

Hitman Absolution:
    > agent 47 kills 50+ men in the mission = nothing wrong
    > oops i killed 1 woman = game is officially sexist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    I've listened for 10 minutes to Anita before I heard what bullshit she is spouting out. Can't believe people actually believe that crap.
    What's wrong with her? She is very respected by a a lot of people and often referenced to in gaming related media. She stands up and speaks her mind even if the prize is harassment and hate!!

bait thread, and biased poll. The first option is worded in an incredibly biased way, you could also slat it that "I like thicker women, too many super model sticks in gaming"