Deleted

[IDEA] Mode with no character switching

Just a shower thought....

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to have, either in a competitive type mode or not, a game type where you pick your heroes at the start and you can't change them during the game; maybe add a pick/ban mode kind of like a MOBA.

Think it would be really interesting to see how this would play out. The main reason I was thinking about this is because surely the game would just become a constant stream of players counter-picking each other constantly changing heroes based on the other teams composition.

What do you guys think?

I may be extremely conservative, but i want to be able to change class mid game in a team class FPS; that's what i did in Team Fortress 2, that's what i want to do in Overwatch. In TF2 competitive, there is a "meta" start with 2 scouts, 2 soldiers, 1 demo and 1 medic, but mostly because those are the classes that have the best mobility, but it's not uncommon to see one of the scouts go another class when the situation demands.

As a mode, sure. Why not?

Then one side would just win the whole match. If you cant pick someone to counter a teams character combo then you lose.

It would be more appropriate if they had a mode where two of the same character could not be played at the same time so you don't get rediculous sillyness during fights like 36 turrets on walls from symetra.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Then one side would just win the whole match. If you cant pick someone to counter a teams character combo then you lose.

It would be more appropriate if they had a mode where two of the same character could not be played at the same time so you don't get rediculous sillyness during fights like 36 turrets on walls from symetra.
    Yeah that's what a mean like a MOBA ban/pick mode where you can't choose two of the same charcter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

Yeah but that would limit the fun potential a lot. Playing against all torb and countering this with all phara for example. Also for a pick AND ban system with 2x6 teams there are just not enough heros available. And ofc whoever gets mercy would have such a big advantage.

But then again this discussion is unnecessary they already made it perfectly clear that the want to allow multiple heroes of the same class and switching mid game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    But then again this discussion is unnecessary they already made it perfectly clear that the want to allow multiple heroes of the same class and switching mid game.
    It's speculation on whether a mode like this would be a good or not so it's not really unnecessary

Blizzard firmly believes that their game should revolve around swapping heros to counter your opponent. Not really into the whole pick one hero you like, make it your main, and master it.