Thread: 2 specs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The only classes that used more than two specs were the pures mostly so if anything I think ppl will love the class since it be underwhelming in terms of skill cap since they only need to know 1 or the other spec as a DH

You could look at their choice negatively, but there are lots of positives for me.

1. It lets them focus on the one spec, meaning lack of dilution of the class. In extension to this, they only have one spec to balance damage wise, so it should be easier for us to be viable.

2. In classes that allow it, i would just run around with two specs and never touch a third because it's a hassle to keep switching. This way i never have to touch my specs. Suits me fine. Also doesn't pigeon hole you into a spec you don't like because it's top dps. Though i suppose you say the Demon Hunter lacks choice. Then again if there's no choice to begin with is that really a lack of a choice? Not so sure.

3. It just doesn't make sense for a second melee spec or a ranged spec. Keep the flavour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I don't know.. I think it's lazy. But other than a Diablo-esque DH specc I can't think of a third one myself. As long as the two will be different enough I'm fine with it, but never happy.
    Why is always lazy when it doesn't fit your expectation? I think it makes a lot of sense and a good design choice. Why have two DPS melee specs and one Tanking spec? There's no use for a third spec when the melee DPS spec does what it needs to do? There will always be balancing issues where one of the two DPS specs is just not as optimal...plus they will have to try to make it distinct from the other.

Deleted
    As I personally don't see how they would make a third DH spec that would be different to the DPS one, I'm fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    You could look at their choice negatively, but there are lots of positives for me.

1. It lets them focus on the one spec, meaning lack of dilution of the class. In extension to this, they only have one spec to balance damage wise, so it should be easier for us to be viable.

2. In classes that allow it, i would just run around with two specs and never touch a third because it's a hassle to keep switching. This way i never have to touch my specs. Suits me fine. Also doesn't pigeon hole you into a spec you don't like because it's top dps. Though i suppose you say the Demon Hunter lacks choice. Then again if there's no choice to begin with is that really a lack of a choice? Not so sure.

3. It just doesn't make sense for a second melee spec or a ranged spec. Keep the flavour.
    The choice matters in playing the class. That's your choice. Most of the time, we are locked into specific specs anyways since that's the only option for DPS for that class (I am thinking of monks and paladins), or practically forced to play a spec due to it being more optimal for raiding and the others are just not good enough. There isn't really much choice there.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    nah.
    it allows them to give one spec all of the essence of the class, instead of spreading it out into another spec.
    i think players might actually enjoy it and it might be the precursor to removal of all third specs, minus paladin and druid, maybe.

Blizzard could ability prune a little bit more, but not much.
    Take a look at SWTOR, that game is in desperate need of ability pruning, i mean you have like 3 of the same abilities with the same range, focus cost and damage, wtf.
    and you have like 14 button rotations.
    I'm sure any Shaman would just kill you on sight for that sentence about removing third spec