Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

How come Asians don't look down upon whites like some whites look down upon blacks?

Since White and Black racial tensions are pretty high ONLINE (note I said online), I was curious to why you don't see Asians attacking everyone in Facebook feeds, newsposts, etc. I've never seen an Asian kid on Facebook or social media talking down how whites are ruining the country, taking handouts, causing crime in the US.

Asian couples make $10,000 more a year then Caucasians yearly on average.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...he-most-money/

Asians use less social programs, welfare, and public assistance then whites by a gigantic large margin. (2% vs. 38%)

http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Asians have much lower teen pregnancy then Caucasians. Nearly half.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research...regnancy-rates

Asians are the lowest represented race in the US prison system by a huge margin. A gigantic 1% versus 58% whites.

https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics...nmate_race.jsp

20% more Asians are enrolled in college versus whites

https://www.google.com/search?q=asia...jWD72ba0YYM%3A

Basically, Asians are the perfect picture for the Republican party on paper. They literally fit the bill to the T and walk the walk as statistics show.

Yet however in reality, they are more liberal leaning. Why could this be?
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2015-11-02 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    people won't admit it, but they all acknowledge them as the epitome of beta, they'll be stiffed in everything and won't do anything about it.

Simply put, we don't care for your petty squabbles over race.

There are far more important things to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I think this is pretty much it. I think looking down on someone because of their race, is silly.
    Oh I agree 100%. It definitely is silly. But I just find it interesting how you never/rarely see Asians spewing hate or talking down upon other races thru news article posts, websites, forums, Facebook articles, etc.

If I posted a picture of say... Obama giving a thumbs up literally anywhere online, you will have people immediate comment about how blacks are killing blacks, blacks cause the most crime, blacks use welfare, and such. Now while those claims might be true, you never/rarely ever see Asians post nasty comments putting others down.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2015-11-02 at 06:51 PM.

I can't speak to why they don't complain about whites, but this article may answer your question about political affiliation.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...ats-104763?o=1

Basically, they don't like the racist rhetoric or the well-intentioned but, ignorant statements GOPers use.

That is an odd question. It's disgusting for anyone to look down on anyone simply because of race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Oh I agree 100%. It definitely is silly. But I just find it interesting how you never/rarely see Asians spewing hate or talking down upon other races thru news article posts, websites, forums, Facebook articles, etc.

If I posted a picture of say... Obama giving a thumbs up literally anywhere online, you will have people immediate comment about how blacks are killing blacks, blacks cause the most crime, blacks use welfare, and such. Now while those claims might be true, you never/rarely ever see Asians post nasty comments putting others down.
    Because the republican party has used the poor black welfare queen moniker to make poor whites vote against their own interests because they saw a black with rims.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Asians in the US generally have really good family and community support systems and two parent households. I personally think this plays a big part in why they fair better than a lot of other races in regards to the stats the OP listed.

As to why they don't look down on whites? Different culture of who they have historical grudges with, I guess. All of my Japanese family members HATE Koreans and look down on them/talk shit about them but don't really care one way or the other about whites. Some people of race A will look down on race B for whatever reason.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole idea of "race" is a dated concept from a long time ago. There is nothing scientific about race: it is grouping people by appearance alone and mostly refers back to a period of slavery and/or segregation. There is only one real race, the human race. Everything else is an ethnicity.

I'm sure that there are Asian people who look down on white people. Just as there are white people who look down on Asians. And white people who look down on black people. And black people who look down on Asian people. And hispanic people who look down on white people. etc...

Some people are just stupid and feel the need to judge others based on their skin color, sexual orientation, income bracket, whatever. There's nothing inherently wrong with black people, or white people or Asian people, and so on. Judge each person by their own merit, because no race is immune to having their share of ignorant assholes.

Asians aren't racists towards whites, but they're racist as fuck to each other. Pic related. They also have disdain for blacks, or at least black stereotypes.

Had a Chinese friend back in grad school. He hated Japanese people with all fibers of his being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Had a Chinese friend back in grad school. He hated Japanese people with all fibers of his being.
    Well the Japanese were kinda dicks to China during WWII. But on subject, who say's they don't?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Megitsune View Post
    That is an odd question. It's disgusting for anyone to look down on anyone simply because of race.
    Honestly there is quite a bit of racism towards blacks in Asian American society. Prestige seems to be incredibly important to them, which in this country ties directly into what economic class you are in.

When looking at online dating statistics, Asian women are the most sought after by black men, however black men are by far the least responded to by Asian women.

I think its a discussion worth having whether cultural values can equate to racism, when those values put extreme importance on certain traits which are highly underrepresented in a specific race.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15+ Year Old Account
    I just dislike Chinese people cos they eat like pigs and ruin my meals when among them
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I imagine it is like when Greek God's fight with each other. They all know they are better, but stick to being dicks to each other for more of a challenge.

Really though, education maybe?

15+ Year Old Account
    'Cause asians are awesome.

Assuming that whites look down on blacks is racist in itself. But lets be real, have you ever lived near black people? maybe then you would understand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    I imagine it is like when Greek God's fight with each other. They all know they are better, but stick to being dicks to each other for more of a challenge.
    ... you must know different Greek gods then I do. The ones I'm familiar with would turn a human into a step ladder to teach another god some obscure lesson.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-