Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    Same, it could be great really. Those other places we have not seen yet can have any amount of NEW story they wish. Where did the original warlocks come from before the Shaman, and how/why did they get their information? There is so much we have not seen. The Naaru anything, like those other planets before Draenor.. Ethereals.. Shadow..
    Uhm, this we know. Demons have always had warlocks and fel magic users.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Uhm, this we know. Demons have always had warlocks and fel magic users.
    I'm saying there could be much more story in where that fel magic came from.

I like the idea of W4 taking place long after the events of WoW and with a drastically tone down the Alliance/Horde (or even destroy them). I believe part of the problem now is that all the factions revolve around the Alliance and the Horde to the point that things have gotten stale.

I also think W4 would benefit from a setting where arcane, druidism, shamanism, and gnomes/goblins were scaled back. Right now, everyone is basically a marvel super hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Maculo View Post
    I like the idea of W4 taking place long after the events of WoW and with a drastically tone down the Alliance/Horde (or even destroy them). I believe part of the problem now is that all the factions revolve around the Alliance and the Horde to the point that things have gotten stale.

I also think W4 would benefit from a setting where arcane, druidism, shamanism, and gnomes/goblins were scaled back. Right now, everyone is basically a marvel super hero.
    That sounds good, they could evolve everything with new found power. That new power could slowly change and morph existing magics and our abilities.

Rather than find new power, I would have the factions fight over old relics that still have hints of magic, etc. I think the scarcity of magic/shamanism would make it that much for gratifying.

Story-wise, I would have characters look back on the WoW era the same way the War of the Ancients is currently looked at (mythical beings just walking around, magic everywhere).

Blizzard :

MMO - WoW
    RTS - Starcraft
    Cardgame - HS
    MOBA - HotT
    Shooter - Overwatch
    (action rpg?) - Diablo

It's been like this for years.. don't get me wrong, I would love warcraft 4. They just seem focused on this trend. There's a reason we do not see some kind of "World of Diablo" or "World of Starcraft" MMOs, they have each game following a kind of game.

Interfering with WoW would be secondary if you're talking about lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shige View Post
    Blizzard :

MMO - WoW
    RTS - Starcraft
    Cardgame - HS
    MOBA - HotT
    Shooter - Overwatch
    (action rpg?) - Diablo

It's been like this for years.. don't get me wrong, I would love warcraft 4. They just seem focused on this trend. There's a reason we do not see some kind of "World of Diablo" or "World of Starcraft" MMOs, they have each game following a kind of game.

Interfering with WoW would be secondary if you're talking about lore.

World of Diablo or Starcraft would only pull away from WoW. That and an MMO is much larger than anything else. Hearthstone and HOTS are part of everything, but they take far less time/money.

World of Diablo or Starcraft would only pull away from WoW. That and an MMO is much larger than anything else. Hearthstone and HOTS are part of everything, but they take far less time/money.
    The point is, anything Blizzard is going to do within the RTS genre, they'll do with their Starcraft brand, rather than diluting Starcraft by making a separate Warcraft RTS game again. The most we can really ever hope for is a Warcraft mod for Starcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    But that's WoW logic. When Warcraft 3 came out, no one had any idea who Illidan or Arthas (or Thrall or Jaina or Sylvanas) were, because they didn't exist as of yet.
    Sure. But the fans are now fixated on those characters. When you start a franchise you obviously start fresh. But when you continue it, few people will care about new characters and rather care about old ones.

Look at the recent characters: Apart from Garrosh no one is memorable and Garrosh is already some 10 years old since he was first shown in TBC.

The Warcraft franchise has been carried by the big names and every time they run out of big names they bring back other big names- Malfurion, Khadgar, Illidan, Maiev were all brought back from nowhereland.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Sure. But the fans are now fixated on those characters. When you start a franchise you obviously start fresh. But when you continue it, few people will care about new characters and rather care about old ones.
    By that logic, "new characters" like Illidan, Arthas, Thrall, Jaina, and Sylvanas were only cared about by a few people when Warcraft 3 came out, and most people continued to care about the old ones from Warcraft 1 like Gul'dan, Medivh, Blackhand, and Lothar. The franchise started at Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, not at Warcraft III.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    By that logic, "new characters" like Illidan, Arthas, Thrall, Jaina, and Sylvanas were only cared about by a few people when Warcraft 3 came out, and most people continued to care about the old ones from Warcraft 1 like Gul'dan, Medivh, Blackhand, and Lothar. The franchise started at Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, not at Warcraft III.
    Most of the characters that were used in WC1 and WC2 did not appear in WoW.

Gul'dan, Orgrim, Blackhand, Durotan, Khadgar, Turalyon, Alleria, Kurdran Wildhammer, Danath Trollbane all took a massive backseat.

So the franchise was, again, carried by characters from Warcraft 3.

Most people think Deathwing was a new character.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm saying there could be much more story in where that fel magic came from.
    It comes from demons - the end.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think the closest we'll ever get to a new Warcraft RTS is graphically updated Orcs&Humans, 2 (+expansion) and 3 (+ expansion).

And I'd be fine with that, because 3 looks like it was ran over by a truck on modern screens!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    I think I would like a Warcraft 4. But to me it would all be about lore.

The way World of Warcraft has become I can't really find anything dignifying.

To be honest, I'd just want to go back in time completely with how the lore was in classic. Playing Warcraft 4 and then a remade World of Warcraft with classic-like lore.

Total War Warcraft? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    The point is, anything Blizzard is going to do within the RTS genre, they'll do with their Starcraft brand, rather than diluting Starcraft by making a separate Warcraft RTS game again. The most we can really ever hope for is a Warcraft mod for Starcraft.
    I really doubt that, they're both pretty different RTS games and now that the Starcraft hype has died down a lot it would be a good time to announce WC4 soon as I'm sure it's already in the making.

They could make WC4 a huge pile of shit and it would still sell millions of copies and still be an esport for years. I see no reason why any company would throw away that opportunity to make money.

wc4 connected to the current wow universe would be pretty easy to do

distant past, distant future, infinite dragonflight, alternate timelines, alternate protagonists

im sure theres more ways to do it as well

A young Demon named Llarht awakens from a disturbing dream and is tasked with forming a new Legion. He discovers that his long term friend Maercslleh had been captured by the Azerothians. Llarht rescues his friends and heads off for distant shores.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    Total War Warcraft? haha
    I'd play that. Especially if it focused on the boardgame/tactical angle and less on the battles.

Not happening, get over it.