Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Wow, the kids are literally crying over typing? Yeah I feel this letter is a bit exaggerated.
    I seem to recall learning to type when I was like 4 years old.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly can't really comment to how the school system is today. It's been 15 years since I was in K-12 education. While I certainly think there were plenty of ways my education was sub-par (like a history teacher telling me manifest destiny was a form of isolationism), in general I feel like I learned a lot.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

My sister is a teacher in a public grade school. She is having her first child soon and has no intentions on letting it go to a public school. Outside of a few roses in a bed of weeds most of the public schools are a complete mess in just about any state from K to 12. It seems often the ones that aren't a disaster just back their way into it too. There are so many budget issues, red tape and hurdles for the staff that it is no wonder the children are a hot mess.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

College is no better..... overpriced and nothing learned but what to regurgitate back for the test

then certification test that do not tell you what you got wrong and even if it did you never take the same test with the same questions (been close to passing the network + cert and i can't seem to pass it because to many question of
    *whats the best answer*
    whats the right order
    while i get everyhting related to ports/network connectivity/binary/sub-netting right*or at least i am sure are right*