Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Could you try to be less "I literally can't even right now"?

Who is the monster? Activation for buying someone who screwed one person over or you know... weapon industries, Nestle, pharma etc. etc.?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    When you start entering 100's of millions in revenue, finding a morally just company is like finding a dog who can blow bubbles with bubble gum.
    Out of which end of the dog?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    So we all know King, the company that literally copy pasted one man's game (who made it for his sick daughter) and tried to sue that same man.
    Now Activision buys King? Basicly rewarding a stealing piece of shit company with over 5 billion? Thats like buying stolen nazi art KNOWING its stolen nazi art.
    Discuss.
    Well, if you think Blizzard is a more or less good company, them buying King is a way to get rid of the bad company King by absorbing them into Blizzard. So King is gone which is what you wanted.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    .... Even more curious is why the fuck would you sell it for 6 billion if you know it's going to bring in 36 billion in revenue the next year.
    (Unless this is the projected revenue because of being brought under a new company with better producer and managerial skills to market the product more widely)
    Wait what

I missed that, who said KING or Candy Crush brings in 36 billion in revenue?

That number is way, way off

King does around 2 billion of revenue and around 500 million profit from all its games annually

Some people just cannot read financial reports at all

Anyway, the reason KING is so cheap at around 6 billion is because people expect candy crush etc revenues to fall in following years, so unless KING makes a new hit game, they're a dead company

Nothing ActiBlizz has done has convinced me they aren't "morally rotten", but nothing they have done has convinced me they are an above and beyond terrible, awful, EA-level company either.

The fact they bought King has nothing to do with this, that said I am surprised they bought it. I can't imagine why they did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I am surprised they bought it. I can't imagine why they did.
    My guess is because
    a) it's cheap
    b) monetise king's userbase
    c) compete with EA on mobile
    d) ran of out ideas for organic growth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    My guess is because
    a) it's cheap
    b) monetise king's userbase
    c) compete with EA on mobile
    d) ran of out ideas for organic growth
    e) were told to stop having money fights and didn't have anywhere to put all the cash.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Love 'em or hate 'em big AAA Publishers are money-making machines. I hate WoW but play Destiny. Same family of games. Difference? Find something you enjoy. Instead of 'X is evil, shun all of it' just play what you like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    e) were told to stop having money fights and didn't have anywhere to put all the cash.
    Kujako you are on fire this morning. Keep the laughs coming =D

Don't confuse Blizzard with Activision Blizzard. They are not the same entity. As for the acquisition, I think it was a smart move. The mobile space is the way of the future and having a company like King will come in handy for Activision Blizzard. One less competitor at the very least. Caught me slightly by surprise though. Being a former employee of King and knowing the kind of company culture I thought they would never sell out.

Deleted
    I have absoultely no feeling about certain game developers or publishers, one way or the other.
    I just buy games I like and play them. Don't care about the companies background.

No one talked about the developers of their NES and SNES games either back in the day. And why would you care?

I really need to go to lunch, totally read this title as Blizzard buying Burger King.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    I really need to go to lunch, totally read this title as Blizzard buying Burger King.
    Aughhh, this made me hungry, and now when I refresh the first page of genot, I'm going to be starving until lunch time.

don't hate the player, hate the game

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    don't hate the player, hate the game
    I don't know, the player tried to sue another player because their game had saga in the name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I don't know, the player tried to sue another player because their game had saga in the name.
    They also tried to copyright the word "candy"...

-Kujako-

I was hoping they would buy Peggle so we could play that during flight paths. Instead we get candy crush. Ugh
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the direction they have taken WoW, menus and mini-game bullshit. This isn't a surprising buy, it will make them plenty of money and that is what Activision wants, fuck morales.

Inb4 wow on iphones

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Inb4 wow on iphones
    Can't wait for them to add Lollipop Hammers to WoW, maybe in a raid it would let you remove one of a bosses phases.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn