Deleted

The EU PvP Ladder is a joke.

Looking through the RBG part of it I noticed there's actually some Horde on the first few pages. Now one might think that these are the last few high rated Horde players left. Till one actually looks at their statistics and achievments. Often times these people have just enough games to barely qualify for the title, they tend to have such statistics as 50:0, the rating they attained is an absolute outlier in their overall ratings and quite a few of them have basically gotten 1500/1800-2.4 over the span of just two days.

Ladies and Gentleman, the future Heroes of the Horde!

Special shout out to the warlock who never before broke 1550 in any bracket but managed to go 40:0 for exactly 2400! Altough the DK who managed to get 2k once in 2009 isn't far behind in awesomeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Looking through the RBG part of it I noticed there's actually some Horde on the first few pages. Now one might think that these are the last few high rated Horde players left. Till one actually looks at their statistics and achievments. Often times these people have just enough games to barely qualify for the title, they tend to have such statistics as 50:0, the rating they attained is an absolute outlier in their overall ratings and quite a few of them have basically gotten 1500/1800-2.4 over the span of just two days.

Ladies and Gentleman, the future Heroes of the Horde!

Special shout out to the warlock who never before broke 1550 in any bracket but managed to go 40:0 for exactly 2400! Altough the DK who managed to get 2k once in 2009 isn't far behind in awesomeness.
    No one is really playing anymore? it's a filler season in (arguably) the worst PVP expac ever. I dunno what you're expecting..pilots and exploiters.

Deleted
    boosts? PVP is terrible anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    No one is really playing anymore? it's a filler season in (arguably) the worst PVP expac ever. I dunno what you're expecting..pilots and exploiters.
    There are still players left Alliance side, Horde wise not so much. It's made to look even worse by how ALMOST all of these people appear to be players who bought a boost. And this being a filler season doesn't excuse the state the ladder and the game itself is in by any means.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hacking, boosting (usually with hacks) and just general apathy towards PVP from a couple of seasons of rampant hacking. It's not just the EU though. Oceanic servers, while awesome in theory, are the most flagrantly hack-infested places you can imagine. Hell last season before the big ban wave, you would be kicked from even YOLO RBGs for not having hacks. It is that blatant.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Every ladder is a joke because top 0.5% players should get gladiator title but in fact only top 0.5% characters get it. Every highlevel pvper has atleast 3-4 alts. Further the huge gap between duelist and gladiator is there because so many players get boosted. It is really annoying for every "normal" player to find some pleasure in playing arena. I would think solo q with specific roles would make it much more interesting. 4v4 with tank, caster dps, physical dps, heal would be great. But that won't coming because the comment on the 4v4 question by Holinka everybody could read~

10+ Year Old Account
    On EU everything over 2k in rbg`s uses Hacks, Scripts and so on with the exeption of E-Heroes on Alliace side. You start to see this shit at about 1700`s and in some cases even below that rating.

E-Heroes are the one big exeption. I have to admit that they play almost Godlike but they are beatable if you get them on the wrong foot. We managed to get a Win from them in Deep Wind with complete ignoring both top and bottom, Yolo Zerg them in the middle and push them slowly back to the gy. But i dont think that will work a second time; they really adapt fast.

It's always been like this. RBGs and 5v5 are full of hackers, wintraders, and carries. There are just as many carries in 3s but its not as obvious...

RBG are a joke they have never been relevant, from s9 were you didn't lose rating until - iirc - 2k and then with all exploits, ghosts teams (got my first 2200 in RBGs while queing into a couple of 2900+ MMR ghost teams back in s11), and PvE gear until mid-Mists. 90% of the people who went into RBGs were terrible pve-ers who failed at arena and still wanted 2200 transmog/weapons/enchant or just 1800 arena players who found in RBGs a way to get some rewards, not to forget tanks who generally were people lost with their damage spec.

Now that RBG doesn't reward a bigger cap than arena and with enchant unlocked at 2400 which is quite hard to reach, no one plays RBG anymore, put enchant at 2000 and everybody and their mother will queue again.

Battlegrounds weren't originally designed to be competitive, it was a complete fail to create a rated bracket and hope people would be genuinely interested in them.
    Last edited by Philomene; 2015-11-03 at 10:51 PM.

Why don't they ban the cheaters?
    wasn't like a big banwave some months ago?
    who did they ban? Ore farmers?
    I don't get it.

It's been like this for years. I can't imagine the state of it at the moment. What's the point in a competition where you're supposed to climb a ladder when there are people with elevators all around you?

I played competively for a few years and I can tell you that you will reach a point where the only achievement to accomplish worthy of your time is to build elevators.

Deleted
    Just stumbled across this thread and would like to point out that there is in fact at least one legit team on horde EU! If you remove the boosted people (and one lock who transferred from Alliance with the rating) there remains a monk, warrior, shaman, lock, rogue, pala and boomer above 2.3 and a number of others around 2250 or so. It's difficult for us all to have the same rating as being horde we've had to switch chars and classes dependent on who's available at the time we can play since we don't have the plethora of players available that alliance do but we've managed to build our own little community and it's worked out well this season.

Just wanted to point out that we're not all boosted on horde! But yes it is annoying how there are clearly a lot of boosted players on the ladder, a number of which have been there since very early on in the season, and nothing is done about it despite it being so blatantly obvious.

I was part of some guilds a few years ago that only accepted players with more than 2.2k rating at rbg or arena.

It was amazing how more than half of the "applicants" had less than 50 rbg games, no losses and no arena experience at all. But like 2.5k rbg rating.. All this can be checked through achievements and statistics.

I mean, if you want to pay to get that fancy tittle.. it's OK dude, it's your money and you seem to have enough to spare. Just don't put yourself in a situation where I'll have to reject you because it's plainly obvious you were 100% carried.

Oh, I forgot the best indicator of them all..

scout earned in 04/11/2015
    high warlord earned in 4/11/2015
    Last edited by Shige; 2015-11-04 at 09:50 AM.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    boosts?
    Just want to say, everyone and their mom knows it is a boost, but dammit if it won't piss somebody (read me) off enough to be on the hedge of their first Hero (and a legit one) then suddenly get knocked barely out of the bracket by the above bullshit right before season closes. I pretty well quit any serious attempt at rated PvP afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't they ban the cheaters?
    Bcs. most of the Cheating is done via. Scripts wich are much harder to detect that actual hacks or bots. And the Bot-makers arent dumb or twindle they`r thumbs. Blizz Bans a Big wave, the Bots get adapted, the game begins again.

I'm really sad about the state of RBGs. I've been on and off about PvP the whole of WoD, and reading threads like these aren't really encouraging to keep on going.

Luckily, the honest person within me, has never played with cheaters (to my knowledge anyway), but it's so sad that the only 2 true ways to gain rating is to buy boost or cheat is just depressing. And then you have cheaters there, on the first page, with amazing rating and they've won all of their 50 games, and Blizzard doesn't really seem care.