Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry I hate you so much heroic arch

Seriously.
    I'm just venting here to my fellow locks - I'm so mad at that fight and myself

I suck as Shadowburn sniping (I love demo and aff never liked Destro, but I play whats better), so my dps on this fight is so bad.
    I need to set up macro or something.

I just dont know anymore /wrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Make mouseover macros your best friends. And set up nameplates so units in execute range are significantly more noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

macro? yeh you want a mouseover macro for shadowburn sniping.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mouseover macro
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shadowburn
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] Shadowburn; [harm] Shadowburn
    In addition to a macro, this WeakAura might also help https://gist.github.com/OOMM/2c0c6c4f5549094df85b It lets you know when your mouseover is a valid target for Shadowburn by putting an icon near your cursor.
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

Definitely gonna have to steal that aura when I get home! Sounds pretty handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why the warlock community is the best

Thanks guys

Ok. How exactly would mouseover work? I have an issue where Archi's hitbox is so big that mouseover just focuses him?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    Make mouseover macros your best friends. And set up nameplates so units in execute range are significantly more noticeable.
    Can i have a suggestion for nameplate addons? Used Tidyplates till they were broken. Kuinameplates does not support enlargement of nameplate at a certain hp%.

What nameplate addons do you all use?

ElvUI nameplate settings to have Shadowburn eligible targets appear large and impossible to miss.

Stay affliction, single target boss and nothing else.

It works if you have others that can dps adds, I may just be lucky with my raid comp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siren View Post

It works if you have others that can dps adds, I may just be lucky with my raid comp.
    it's worth soul swapping to adds just not the 1st doomfire/deathcaller because of ring.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post

ElvUI nameplate settings to have Shadowburn eligible targets appear large and impossible to miss.
    I use ElvUI!!! This is amazing, thank you!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by siren View Post

Hmm,I think we could do this.
    Going to ask my RL.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    Ok. How exactly would mouseover work? I have an issue where Archi's hitbox is so big that mouseover just focuses him?
    If you hit a nameplate for another mob even if it is through him it should hit them. I do it every week and it works. Even in a cluster of 5 or 6 mobs once you get used to it you can always hit the ones you want.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Archimonde and Mannoroth are both viable for affliction and destruction.

No matter how silly this may sound - Use Glyph of Havoc. That is what will keep your DPS high, especially on Archimonde. Double chaos bolting on the following.

Phase 1: On Archimonde then on - Doomfire Spirit or Death Brand (Doomguard looking add)
    Phase 2: On Archimonde then on - Death Brand or Overfiends.
    Phase 3: On Archimonde and Infernals.

I personally use Shadowburn mostly on dogs but for everything else, I'm being sure that I launched of 2x chaos bolts.

Why Glyph of Havoc?

Because 4x chaos bolt (2 bolts on 2 targets) boosts damage and dps so high and it is always ready for next big add that comes. It is just how it works atm. Without glyph of havoc, 1x chaos bolting on 2 targets is not relevant at all while with glyph, it is sky rocketing.
    you can do this without the glyph, you simply need to know the timing when adds spawn and preemptively havoc so by the time the add is out you can cleave and then havoc again, since havoc's cd without glyph is very small, you can pull this off a lot more than glyphing havoc, so in fact it is a dps loss to glyph havoc.

I tend to do lower DPS on parses and vs the other 2 locks in the run but I'm fine with it:
    1. I just havoc Archi all fight and hit the big add doomfire/doomguard/fiend with shadowburn on anything I can
    2. I dont fire & brim the add waves with dogs which is what the high parses and the other 2 locks in my run do. We have plenty of AoE that'll nuke them in under 15 seconds so I just let others do it
    3. Get sent for banish #1 while the others are always topside. Banish has a lot of downtime while topside can full DPS the entire time

Things that make or break top parses here is if you F&B all the adds to pad, and if you arent sent down to banish.

Same goes w Manno, I tend to have lower parses due to only hitting infernals and Manno but SB everything. I dont F&B imps with how much competition there is for AoE/Cleave it'd be a waste of time to F&B CB and have it land on nothing since theyre dead before the spell hits.

Dont be too hard if you're lower on the ranks since there's lots of things to squeeze in damage that may or may not be needed based on the comp. Locks arent the same as like boomies or hunters where they can easily multi cleave tons of targets that can be spread out. As long as the boss dies, NP.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This just made my life so much easier!

Deleted
    If you're just farming it for ring upgrades you may as well just go affliction, though that's a pretty big assumption that you're at that point.

For big add precast havoc on boss when add has 10sec left on spawn timer, I use the 2nd havoc to get 3 shadowburns on boss + add.

Havoc glyph is IMO a DPS loss as the cooldown is far too long for p3 and p4. U can keep the unglphed one and do more with it if u can time it right...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If you hit a nameplate for another mob even if it is through him it should hit them. I do it every week and it works. Even in a cluster of 5 or 6 mobs once you get used to it you can always hit the ones you want.
    Maybe my nameplates are too small and I'm not actually hitting them even though it looks like I am. I'll give it some more attempts I suppose.

Timing your havoc cast on Archimonde is really an art and dependent on your understanding of how fast your raid will kill the adds. The dream when havocing is always to have it expire when a big add is around 30-40% so you can reappy it and shadowburn away. Missing that window is incredibly painful when playing destruction.

Also having shit tanks or not having a good DK will wreck your dps on this fight as destruction too as it is very difficult to max AOE damage from FnB if the adds aren't clumped.

Last phase is also a pain. As you spend half your time running to infernals to kill them.

As such, in all pugs, I always just go Affliction. Soul Swap to a big add if you get good Shard RNG. If not, there is an art in choosing what dots to put on depending on how fast the adds die. Affliction is good for a solid 50k dps at least in 710 gear. It's also much easier to do mechanics as affliction because of a greater number of instant casts.