Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Archimonde and Mannoroth are both viable for affliction and destruction.

No matter how silly this may sound - Use Glyph of Havoc. That is what will keep your DPS high, especially on Archimonde. Double chaos bolting on the following.

Phase 1: On Archimonde then on - Doomfire Spirit or Death Brand (Doomguard looking add)
    Phase 2: On Archimonde then on - Death Brand or Overfiends.
    Phase 3: On Archimonde and Infernals.

I personally use Shadowburn mostly on dogs but for everything else, I'm being sure that I launched of 2x chaos bolts.

Why Glyph of Havoc?

Because 4x chaos bolt (2 bolts on 2 targets) boosts damage and dps so high and it is always ready for next big add that comes. It is just how it works atm. Without glyph of havoc, 1x chaos bolting on 2 targets is not relevant at all while with glyph, it is sky rocketing.
    i dont agree with the glyph of havoc because the increase in cooldown what i suggest is that you pre havoc the boss a few seconds before the add comes and then you can cast it again quickly which, in my opinion, better than the glyph

For heroic I'm not sure havoc glyph is gonna matter much.

It's a pretty big deal on mythic because its always up for the adds that need to die or getting 2 havocs out of a ring or proc where you simply don't have the 15 seconds for it to come back up.

Infernals in p3 are a big example of this, when it gets to the point where you have 4 or 5 infernals up and cleaving 2 chaosbolts into a single pack is obviously better than cleaving 1. If your having problems of that vein, I'd recommend using it otherwise meh.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2015-11-07 at 05:19 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Can i have a suggestion for nameplate addons? Used Tidyplates till they were broken. Kuinameplates does not support enlargement of nameplate at a certain hp%.

What nameplate addons do you all use?
    I'm not the only one with Tidyplates problems? After the latest patch, they don't show, and I had to go back to Blizzard's ones I even updated Tidyplates!

10+ Year Old Account
    Changing the size of the plates with evilui was awesome, and the macro worked.
    I did aff for most of it though did above 50k+ still meh, but better than what i was doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

I totally understand what you are going through. The fight nearly crushed my soul as Destro. . .
    Seriously I had a couple of sub 40k parses and on a good day I was hitting 46k - at 709-714 ilev. I dreaded the fight every week. Nothing worse than ending a week of raiding feeling terrible and shitty as a player. Try as I might, I just could NOT win at the havoc+shadowburn snipe meta on which good Destro dps revolves. I really really tried. H Archimonde eventually killed the guild I was in (after 100 attempts and not one sub 10%).

Decided I would play the spec I liked (Aff) and just accept I would never do well on H Archimonde. New guild had it together enough that I could pretty much stay on boss full time and my dps shot up to 56k. (Still nothing exciting but to me 10k+ improvement and not being dead last was a huge deal.) Most nights now on Archi I am 6th or 7th in an 18 dps setup. I'll take that and peace of mind any day - and I still get to stomp ass on most of the other fights. All this is to say I definitely agree with the suggestions to play Aff.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I'm not the only one with Tidyplates problems? After the latest patch, they don't show, and I had to go back to Blizzard's ones I even updated Tidyplates!
    Alea from how2priest updates a set of addons regularly of which includes tidyplates : Here's the addon page

I also fortexorcist from the site as well as I find it still the best for multidot tracking.

On curse Tidy Plates is now fixed. I use mouseover macros for both shadowburn and havoc. I set TidyPlates to show mobs in red when below 20% health and that helps me snipe adds. I wish I was able to have TidyPlates make under 20% mob nameplates larger.

i believe u can do that but u need to use the "threat plates" module that allows u to modify different tidy plates in various ways like colors, size, transparency etc...