Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure Dorito flavored Mtn. Dew should be in that list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exception View Post
    This conversation is not leading anywhere. You are willingly ignoring the facts I presented to pursue your agenda. I'm done with you.
    What facts? Lack can only be described in correlation with relative abundance.
    I was in no way or form unfair.

Deleted
    Internet
    Video Games
    Anime
    Carbonated drinks
    Metal music

:^)

#1 Toilet Paper , #2 Agriculture, #3 Electricity, #4 Vehicle (airplane, train, car, etc.), #5 Printing Press.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    Carbonated drinks
    They didn't get on my list because they led to this awfull Dr. Pepper.

10+ Year Old Account
    This conversation is not leading anywhere. You are willingly ignoring the facts I presented to pursue your agenda. I'm done with you.
    Why don't you list some specific examples of where they were more advanced?

The ones you did list, architecture, sewer systems, medicine and mathematics are quite broad categories - I can think of European architecture that the South American civilisations lacked the skills to build, so it's a bit of an odd claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    What facts? Lack can only be described in correlation with relative abundance.
    I was in no way or form unfair.
    I mentioned some of the areas in which these cultures excelled. You ignored them, and claimed that they are at best more advanced than neanderthals. I don't think we can have any productive discussion about this subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Why don't you list some specific examples of where they were more advanced?

The ones you did list, architecture, sewer systems, medicine and mathematics are quite broad categories - I can think of European architecture that the South American civilisations lacked the skills to build, so it's a bit of an odd claim.
    Comparing architectures as a whole is a difficult topic, but plumbing and sewer systems were definitely far more advanced than in Europe at the time. So were astrology, numeral system, medicine & surgery, and the educational system. These are the things from the top of my head at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing architectures as a whole is a difficult topic, but plumbing and sewer systems were definitely far more advanced than in Europe at the time. So were astrology, numeral system, medicine & surgery, and the educational system. These are the things from the top of my head at least.
    You seem to know what these things were and you're talking to a person who obviously doesn't know them, so why not link an example from each category? At the moment it seems that you're just making general claims that would be difficult for people who don't know what they are to Google.

Very important.

7+ Year Old Account
    The greatest invention was of course fire. The second,was language. Without both, I'd still be flinging poo.
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

What would you choose as the five greatest inventions in human history? My choices are:

Agriculture - Allowed humans to settle in one place and to to breed animals for their needs.

The steam engine - while it did also revolutionize transportation, it's main importance comes from it's crucial role in the industrial revolution and all the inventions that it facilitated to make.

The printing press - Facilitated the spread of knowledge.

The lightbulb
    - Harnessing electricity for darker periods of the day too, so that work wouldn't have to stop.

Money - Eliminating the double-coincidence of wants and thus greatly improving the exchange of goods and services.
    All very good ones. I might add The Integrated Circuit, and the Internet (taking out Money and the Steam Engine)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackfan View Post
    All very good ones. I might add The Integrated Circuit, and the Internet (taking out Money and the Steam Engine)
    Lightbulb has to go too we had gaslight lanterns and candles before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You seem to know what these things were and you're talking to a person who obviously doesn't know them, so why not link an example from each category? At the moment it seems that you're just making general claims that would be difficult for people who don't know what they are to Google.
    Sorry, but I'm not here to do your research for you. Typing "Maya number system" or "Inca surgery" etc. on Google is not really as difficult as you think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but I'm not here to do your research for you. Typing "Maya number system" or "Inca surgery" etc. on Google is not really as difficult as you think.
    The Mayans were incredibly knowledgeable in science, math, anatomy and sports. They also, for all intents and purposes, were Caligulas.
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

symbolic communication, Beer, toilets, the internet, twist ties.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I'd put writing (printing press) and the Internet up there in the top five, not sure about the rest.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Lightbulb has to go too we had gaslight lanterns and candles before.
    Which were rather useless outside of small places.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have to prove your arguments for you, plus it isn't me you are actually disagreeing with.

I Googled both, neither appears to have been more advanced than European contemporaries, so it appears you are wrong. Hey ho, better luck next time.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Agriculture
    The Scientific Method
    Human Rights
    Freedom of Speech/Expression
    Representative Government
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Deleted
    Which were rather useless outside of small places.
    It certainly dimishes your claim for the top five list enough to drop it out of said list I think.