Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The Republicans got 52% of the popular vote so logic should dictate they should have only got 52% of the seats, but instead they got 57% of the seats. And that 5% makes up a lot of power there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I said nothing about control of the House. The GOP has a number of seats that is disproportionate to their percentage of the national vote as a result of gerrymandering by Republican-controlled state legislatures. Try working on your reading comprehension.
    I didn't say gerrymandering doesn't exist, I said that it doesn't generally matter in terms of outcome (reading comprehension anyone?). Please explain how there is a difference between the current vote distribution and if Republicans held the chamber 228-207, which is what they would have in a totally proportional allocation. You have people here who are claiming that the only reason that Republicans control the House is by "cheating" which is patently false.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You can thank gerrymandering.
    Nah, the senate districts are drawn much more reasonably and look nothing like the federal districts. Virginia at its core is still a red state.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    But Bush started a useless expensive war and destroyed the economy with said war coupled with his tax cuts coupled with his party's lax regulations on banks...
    you think the iraq war destroyed the usa economy? lol are you fucking high? i'll give you a hint... BUBBLES.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Gonna need you to back up that claim there hoss.
    why? its common knowledge... use google for your damn self.

I like how half of you throw out the word Gerrymandering, it sound like most of you don't even know what it is. A republican won? Must be Gerrymandering! If all the surrounding boarders are red, and they are wining but a substantial margin in votes, it doesn't matter how you draw the damn lines. Even the left winged posted are acknowledge how the GOP is favored at the moment, purely by voter turn out.

I am not saying Gerrymandering doesn't work, but both sides do it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I like how half of you throw out the word Gerrymandering, it sound like most of you don't even know what it is. A republican won? Must be Gerrymandering! If all the surrounding boarders are red, and they are wining but a substantial margin in votes, it doesn't matter how you draw the damn lines. Even the left winged posted are acknowledge how the GOP is favored at the moment, purely by voter turn out.

The republican party at all levels of government outperforms when the electorate doesn't go out to vote. That's their strategy. Which is why there is opposition in the republican party for a 3rd party, non-partisan, objective re-districting of HoR. They would lose their baseline over-representation, and be forced to drop older, rural, white, evangelicals.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Not saying it doesn't happen on both sides. But comparing the two on this one is about like comparing a little league baseball player to an MLB Allstar. They are at 2 different levels on that game.

And this is a game that should have been banned from the sport entirely.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voter fatigue hits the visibly incumbant party far harder than the competing one. In addition to simply hitting democrats more overall since the Democratic party has always been more of a federation of various interests rather than a consolidated party. This really isn't surprising at all; the big election next year will be far more demonstrative of the overall health of the party.

As for putting it all on Obama like he's the head of the party? That's just plain ignorance. Really nothing special about it. I really doubt he has any functional impact in the running of the party itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    In what way is making offensive false statements about a group of people not racist?
    https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ic...rvey-target-id

A little bit old, but the point still stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.