Page 3 of 247 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I wonder what happens with passive rage from crits and critical shieldblocks. or the base 1 rage per 3 second we had for so long.

All in all I am VERY pleased with this design. How Ignore Pain will work exactly will show how good it is as a substitute for barrier.

Also, did you guys notice, that it takes 1 style less to cast shieldblock now? If you had no luck with crits or proccs and couldn´t charge the boss, it at least took you 3 styles to generate 60 rage, whereas now it only takes a shieldslam + revenge. Awesome!
    Also, Revenge is now a cone attack instead of a cleave.

- - - Updated - - -

Prettya sure it is not. There are still some wording problems in the notes. SOmwhere was stated, that this is interesting in aoe situations - how would that be if it only worked on one attack?
    There was no word on AoE. Just "it’s most useful when you’re taking a lot of damage, which is also when you’ll have a lot of Rage to use on it." Which can mean a lot of damage from one attack, and the rage gain will scale with severity of the damage taken. But even if it's like you said, it just reduces all damage until the sum of that reduction reaches some arbitrary percentage of max HP.
    But definitely not Kilrogg's Trinket.

I'm guessing the way Ignore Pain is going to work is either through a singluar hit or a short timed damage window say 3 seconds.

Massive I'm guessing they define as some % of your total health. Could be anything between 50% or greater I don't think it'd be less than that or they wouldn't use the word massive. So it's only triggered by that %, I hope it's a damage window so that say you take 50% or greater of your health in 3 seconds it triggers IP otherwise if you're getting hit by a bunch of adds or the boss is doing fast but lower hitting abilities it wouldn't trigger and that would kinda suck.

But how it defo work for boss abilities is say you have 500K health, boss does an ability that does 700K health, it reduces that hit by 400K bringing the damage on you to 200K. What I'm curious about is if other DR is calculated before or after the hit, so would that 200K be further reduced? Or does Ignore Pain not trigger if say you have Shield Wall up + Ignore Pain, it won't trigger till you take a massive hit. Also how long will Ignore Pain last before expiring if you don't take a massive hit is another question I have about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    I don't get it. With Blood DK design changes they improved RP generation and made RP more beneficial with respect to Death Strike. They also removed the rune types to make this better.

With Warriors it seems to have gone backwards. Also Ignore Pain tooltip is very ambiguous. Ignoring 90% of the next massive amount of damage you take? What defines massive? Does it also count spells and boss abilities that are not auto attacks?
    Ignore Pain may work like Dampen Harm currently works for Monks - ignoring 90% of the damage from something that would normally deal 50% or more of your health pool perhaps?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    There was no word on AoE. Just "it’s most useful when you’re taking a lot of damage, which is also when you’ll have a lot of Rage to use on it." Which can mean a lot of damage from one attack, and the rage gain will scale with severity of the damage taken. But even if it's like you said, it just reduces all damage until the sum of that reduction reaches some arbitrary percentage of max HP.
    But definitely not Kilrogg's Trinket.
    "which massively reduces damage taken (up to a cap based on maximum health)" is what made me think, that it does work for a period of time. Could still mean anything. Time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by barleybear View Post
    Ignore Pain may work like Dampen Harm currently works for Monks - ignoring 90% of the damage from something that would normally deal 50% or more of your health pool perhaps?
    That's a very good point. Let's see what the devs say. I've tweeted them so we should get a reply very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    The new changes seem ok, though the lose of Shield Barrier will hurt soloing capabilities and just regular out-in-the-world combat. I enjoyed greatly pulling the whole temple of Shanaar and just absorbing all damage through Shield Barrier, while spamming revenge for great numbers. Or being practically unkillable by any rare, even the elite group one like the new Highmaul ogres. Now we will have just block and whatever pathetic healing Blizzard will be gracious enough to provide through talents.
    But being able to survive stuff like Gruul's Inferno Strike easily with Ignore Pain is nice.

What the hell? It's nothing of the sort. It is basically monk's Dampen Harm but 90% instead of 50%, without a cd (so - OP) and on one next attack instead of 3.
    yeah but taking your example of gruul.. you always want to taunt on the slice so you are not actively tanking before it, therefore how do you generate the rage for ignore pain? ignore pain cost 4x shield slam and revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    yeah but taking your example of gruul.. you always want to taunt on the slice so you are not actively tanking before it, therefore how do you generate the rage for ignore pain? ignore pain cost 4x shield slam and revenge
    Your abilities still give a small amount of rage. 6 for SS and 4 for Revenge. We just won't be able to heroic strike at all when not tanking if we need DR up as soon as we swap. I'm pretty sure AOE damage will give us rage right? So we have that and worst case scenario we can stand in fire to get rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this list is incomplete, so I won't yell about Ultimatum or anything just yet. At first, I was...concerned...about the replacement for Shield Barrier, which I will now name "Is That All You Got SUCKA?", but it seems they're doing that for everyone else too (Paladins and DKs at least). So far, I'm not that worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    You're forgetting that we will also generate rage from damage taken. Better not waste that rage on spamming Heroic Strike when you're not tanking!

Have they said anything about Glad Stance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Nope, but I tweeted them about it. Hopefully, they will reply.

I dont understand why they had to change things so drastically.
    In my opinion, prot is in a pretty good place right now. Granted, Shield Barrier is a bit awkward in its mechanic and the Spell Reflection Buff was very much needed (and asked for for a long time) but i dont get the Rage generation/lower rage cost of Shield Block bit.

I predict that we will (once again) be drowning in rage in raid settings and be rage starved in solo play.
    To me it just looks like theyre making changes for the sake of changing things.

Overall: "meh"
    Last edited by Aranes; 2015-11-11 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    You can see in the blog that they haven't - although they have baked in some of the prot talents into baseline so I expect to see some new unique talents to make Glad Stance better at the very least.

Saw a post on wow_general about Gladiator stance. Since I do not have an active account; I can't post there.
    After the class talk at the DMF; a bunch of the devs stuck around and we all chit-chatted about classes and random things.

One of the things briefly touched on; is that Gladiator Stance (as of Blizzcon) is not planned to be a thing in Legion.
    Sorry for the potentially bad news, but I wouldn't get hopes up for it's return.

Deleted
    We’ve replaced Shield Barrier with a new ability, Ignore Pain, which massively reduces damage taken (up to a cap based on maximum health) and functions as your primary defensive Rage-spender.
    Fight through the pain, ignoring 90% of the next massive amount (based on maximum health) of damage you take.
    For me, Ignore Pain is a shield that absorb 90% of incoming damage, up to X. X is "massive amount" based on max. health (they used the word "massive" for damage dealing abilities before).
    So it's just shield barrier without resolve scaling

About damage taken giving rage, will we be useless while off-tanking ?

Deleted
    We've had like 50 different possible explanation of what ignore pain will be in this thread... I think it really is safe to assume it needs to be further clarified or changed.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure Ignore Pain will work exactly like Warlords Unseeing Eye does right now with scaling. the harder you would have been hit, the stronger the damage reduction. And then they probably throw a minimum damage amount in for the proc to not be wasted on a autoattack.

So if you get would get for 50% of your hp (from full health), it will reduce damage by 45% and put you on 72.5% hp instead. This way it's similiar to DK death strike (heal 50% of the big hit you just took) and pala (heal 50% of the health you aremissing).

Bit curious they didn't list a "for x seconds" in there, it just said "next big hit". I assume you aren't gonna be able to precast that shit etc.
    Also seems like pooling rage for this is gonna be a big thing, can already see the guides saying "never go below 40 rage"
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-11-11 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranes View Post
    I dont understand why they had to change things so drastically.
    In my opinion, prot is in a pretty good place right now. Granted, Shield Barrier is a bit awkward in its mechanic and the Spell Reflection Buff was very much needed (and asked for for a long time) but i dont get the Rage generation/lower rage cost of Shield Block bit.

I predict that we will (once again) be drowning in rage in raid settings and be rage starved in solo play.
    To me it just looks like theyre making changes for the sake of changing things.

Overall: "meh"
    They wanted Active Mitigation to feel less punishing if you misused it. Having to always keep yourself above 60 rage on some fights could be tough if you didn't get procs, or you had to keep yourself above 60 rage at all times. Both are boring and way too punishing for new players as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    You're forgetting that we will also generate rage from damage taken. Better not waste that rage on spamming Heroic Strike when you're not tanking!
    yeah but they said the more damage the more rage. If you are not tanking actively and get passive damage you get basically no rage from passive damage and as i said revenge + shield slam is 10 rage and you need 40 for an ignore pain.

I think rage being generated passively is a huge step back. Unless you stand in fire to boost some rage. At least shield block doesn't cost much now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get rewarded for taking more damage, just what we needed While Ignore Pain seems to be certainly a good mechanic, why on earth did they have to name it Ignore Pain? To me, it's pretty much the same whimsical magical ability that Shield Barrier was. Certainly a disappointment lore-wise.

Also, getting a full rage bar ready when you're offtanking to have everything available once you taunt is gonna take one hell of a time now.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla