Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    My wee warrior alt has grown up enough to tank some decent content - 895 and counting - so I'm starting to think more about how to play him well. I've been playing Devastator since I've had access to Vengeance; my complete build is...
    • Shockwave
    • Inspiring Presence
    • Renewed Fury
    • Crackling Thunder
    • Devastator
    • Vengeance
    • Heavy Repercussions

My legendaries atm are:
    Aggramar's Stride
    Rethu's Incessant Courage
    Archimonde's Hatred Reborn

I've been using the boots and belt for easy content, because moving around so fast is fun, but swapping in the trinket when survivability is an issue. Devastator makes perfect sense with the boot and belt, but the trinket scales off total health. I already macro it to Last Stand, but am wondering if it would be worth swapping to Indomitable for those situations as well, if only to get more out of the trinket.

Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    The only reason to ever go Indomitable is if you're literally getting oneshot, and even then better cooldown management would probably save you anyway. Doubt the marginal increase in the value of the trinket outweighs the massive damage + survivability boost Devastator gives you.

Update on Devastator and tracking your swing timer:

Tracking your swing timer when running Devastator is not worthwhile. Any sort of delay due to your swing timer is ordinarily a very small loss, and may sometimes be a very small gain, but not one worth altering your rotation or paying attention to a swing timer for.
    As such, just cast your abilities as normal and don't worry about overwriting Shield Slam procs. You don't need to track your swing timer for any reason.

Devastator Sim Results Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    Update on Devastator and tracking your swing timer:

Tracking your swing timer when running Devastator is not worthwhile. Any sort of delay due to your swing timer is ordinarily a very small loss, and may sometimes be a very small gain, but not one worth altering your rotation or paying attention to a swing timer for.
    As such, just cast your abilities as normal and don't worry about overwriting Shield Slam procs. You don't need to track your swing timer for any reason.

Devastator Sim Results Spreadsheet
    Can we quickly recognize the guy that said this months ago and got told he was wrong (wasn't me, I just don't remember the guy's name)

I've never tracked my swing timer with Devastator. Tried it for 1 raid when it was first released and the WA was being thrown around, but i could feel it not working like people "thought" it was. Plus it's not fun, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaexaender View Post
    Can we quickly recognize the guy that said this months ago and got told he was wrong (wasn't me, I just don't remember the guy's name)
    People that dont blindly follow guides already knew this, we do not play with 0 ms and we do not have situations where you can care so much about the swing timer instead of the pummeling thats about to happen.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggers1990 View Post
    I've never tracked my swing timer with Devastator. Tried it for 1 raid when it was first released and the WA was being thrown around, but i could feel it not working like people "thought" it was. Plus it's not fun, at all.
    Yea I agree. Tried it, saw no inherit gain especially for extra focus required to keep up with it and it sucks even more when you delay something just for devastator not to proc a SS.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Yea I agree. Tried it, saw no inherit gain especially for extra focus required to keep up with it and it sucks even more when you delay something just for devastator not to proc a SS.
    Raw swing timer doesn't help me either, but the weakaura that puts up a "don't swing yet" warning does.

When it shows I can make the choice whether to delay and fish for optimal procs, or push through depending on situation. It's been best of both worlds.

It was always clear that monitoring your auto-attack timer was not needed to be successful with Devastator. That being said, there are genuinely some moments where delaying the use of an ability (usually by a small fraction of a second) in hopes of a Shield Slam reset from autoattack nets both a DPS and survivability increase; however, identifying those moments takes a ton of practice and is generally not worth paying attention to for the vast majority of players. Even for those who can play off it, it is usually a marginal benefit and may be outweighed by the potential of screwing it up, which kills your gains

As a player who spent 5 years playing EverQuest 2 where timing your auto-attacks with abilities is a fundamental mechanic for all classes, playing off Devastator resets feels effortless. Thus, I will continue to delay, where appropriate, on-the-fly.
    Last edited by Arker42; 2017-04-21 at 08:41 PM.

Finally joining the Kakushan's club. About fecking time...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post

Finally joining the Kakushan's club. About fecking time...
    Got the trinket today. So that's 8 legendaries and no Kakushan's. Feelsbad.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demos1184 View Post
    You need to see that diffrently. Chances are high, that it´s your next Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Demos1184 View Post
    Kakushan's was my 10th (included crafted). Only tank one left to get is Walls Fell, which I'm staying Prot loot spec for. You have my sympathies...

And to add that extra bit of insult to it all, I just picked this up... My best weekend on WoW for a while

Deleted
    just did the challenge, felt really easy after the most recent nerfs. sad i only tried an hour last time tower was up now.

How does everyone here feel about certain proc trinkets from mythic+? Such as the nightmare egg shell.

I'm starting to aquire a ton of trinkets around ilvl 900, not sure what to use. (Why isnt there a list!?!)

Deleted
    Chrono Shard seems pretty decent with the haste proc, I wish it dropped for me on higher ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Chrono Shard seems pretty decent with the haste proc, I wish it dropped for me on higher ilvl
    I have it and do not use really use it any more. Had an uptime for about 14% when I wore it which doesn't seem to be that good even with the 1k haste boost it got from the set bonus since I've the Strand of stars as well.
    And usually you have those procs when you do not need them as much.

Deleted
    I wish some good ilvl relinquished haste stick would drop Kadala (or w/e his name is) keeps giving me only crit/pvp trinkets. I have to still use Phantasmal Echo and the str + vers on proc ones from EN. Chrono Shard and/or Angerboda would be nice at this point

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, those relinquished Items have a bloody high chance on crit items. Feels like 2/3 of the stuff I got there had crit on it.

So I'm running into an odd spot for Prot. I have Gloves, Belt, Trinket, and Sephuz for Legendaries. I have every heroic level trinket from NH and the Darkmoon card. I'm wondering if for raiding it would be better to go Gloves+Belt, currently I run Gloves+Trinket?

The next question would be what trinket to use in place of Legendary? Currently I go Legendary+Darkmoon card. I've gotten kind of used to the Legendary Trinket, so I'm leaning towards Infernal Contract, but I'm not really sure.

Any input is welcome.

M+ has not been good to me on trinkets sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    So I'm running into an odd spot for Prot. I have Gloves, Belt, Trinket, and Sephuz for Legendaries. I have every heroic level trinket from NH and the Darkmoon card. I'm wondering if for raiding it would be better to go Gloves+Belt, currently I run Gloves+Trinket?

The next question would be what trinket to use in place of Legendary? Currently I go Legendary+Darkmoon card. I've gotten kind of used to the Legendary Trinket, so I'm leaning towards Infernal Contract, but I'm not really sure.

Any input is welcome.

M+ has not been good to me on trinkets sadly.
    Use the legendary trinket and gloves. The NH trinkets are well below average.

The belt is pretty nifty for only a couple fights, but try to find anything but the NH trinkets. Any stat stick would do.
    Last edited by Gigapants; 2017-05-01 at 04:18 PM.