1. #4801
    Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    One day meters will include the damage we can do with spell reflect...

    Dark slash hits Ymiron hard. The sunder in the digger boss in Nelth can be reflected, the molten smash on last boss can as well...I looove reflecting the missiles on medivh. Also, more recently, in Cathedral, save the shield in the middle of the second to last boss for your team; you can reflect his heavy AoE and it hits him very hard... it's awesome.
    you can also reflect dot from destructor tentacles on Helya in maw... they hit like a mothafuckin truck on tyranical

  2. #4802
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    you can also reflect dot from destructor tentacles on Helya in maw... they hit like a mothafuckin truck on tyranical
    Nice, didn't know about the tentacles or the cathedral boss. Thanks!

  3. #4803
    Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    you can also reflect dot from destructor tentacles on Helya in maw... they hit like a mothafuckin truck on tyranical
    That fucking DoT wrecks me... I'm super excited to see it now... thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Varyag View Post
    Nice, didn't know about the tentacles or the cathedral boss. Thanks!
    Yup, np man, i think it's one of the bigger reflected hits I get; too bad it's the portal adds that are really the only thing difficult in that fight, but every bit on the boss helps.

  4. #4804
    So Just to make it clear as no one has said it, the ring if not adjusted for secondary scaling or given as a "third slot" Is a bad choice, BV is something you would not be using without AM/Belt and vengeance is baseline for progression. This ring really needs to be indom or Dev to make the loss of secondary's and legendary's worth it. I mean we are talking about seeing regular epic TF rings in ToS with 3k mast or haste alone, in no way will it be worth the slot.

  5. #4805
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazko View Post
    So Just to make it clear as no one has said it, the ring if not adjusted for secondary scaling or given as a "third slot" Is a bad choice, BV is something you would not be using without AM/Belt and vengeance is baseline for progression. This ring really needs to be indom or Dev to make the loss of secondary's and legendary's worth it. I mean we are talking about seeing regular epic TF rings in ToS with 3k mast or haste alone, in no way will it be worth the slot.
    I said it in the other thread, and I do hope it's seen as a third, bonus slot. Indomitable/Devastator would NEVER work. You can't have a leggo that gives 25% stamina & IP effectiveness.

  6. #4806
    Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I said it in the other thread, and I do hope it's seen as a third, bonus slot. Indomitable/Devastator would NEVER work. You can't have a leggo that gives 25% stamina & IP effectiveness.
    I see it much more likely as a tier 100 talent if they decide to move it around. That or just give it ITF which is really situational and essentially just a ring with haste on it...

  7. #4807
    It's ok i'm sure blizzard will buff us for ToS, and you're right why would they give the ring indom/Dev it would make us to strong that would be as dumb. It would be like if they made a tank 30% magic reduction cd with no actual CD, or giving a tank class 10m hp and 25k armor that you could keep up 100%. Heck if they really wanted to be funny they could take some of these "Golden traits" and just give them as a basic trait to other tanks............
    Naw they would never do that. You're right 25% hp buff and making IP 25%( diminishing per stack based on hp) would be to strong.

  8. #4808
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazko View Post
    It's ok i'm sure blizzard will buff us for ToS, and you're right why would they give the ring indom/Dev it would make us to strong that would be as dumb. It would be like if they made a tank 30% magic reduction cd with no actual CD, or giving a tank class 10m hp and 25k armor that you could keep up 100%. Heck if they really wanted to be funny they could take some of these "Golden traits" and just give them as a basic trait to other tanks............
    Naw they would never do that. You're right 25% hp buff and making IP 25%( diminishing per stack based on hp) would be to strong.
    They've said ToS only really has magic damage in short bursts (which is fine for us), and we're already god-tier tanks vs blockable melee damage thanks to Shield Block & the new trait. I wouldn't mind a minor nerf to Indom & a base stamina buff (say 5%) to put us closer to other tanks, but honestly, we're more than fine vs melee.

    Only big thing I'd love to see changed before ToS is Neltharion's Fury.

  9. #4809
    There hasn't been a whisper about prot warriors yet, are they even going to touch us, or do they seriously think the trait buffing spell reflect is enough?

  10. #4810
    If there's less sustained magic damage in Tomb of Sargeras then yeah, it probably is enough.

  11. #4811
    The 1 thing im looking for them to change is tier bonus from ToS other than that if Tos is more burst magic dmg i think most of our problems are minor

  12. #4812
    I haven't read enough on ToS to see whether they've followed through with encounter design changes to make things better, hopefully you guys are right.

  13. #4813
    Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    357
    inb4 strong bleeds are a thing no SR to help us there, unless it's truly reflectable.

    We should be more than OK in ToS provided magic damage is indeed bursty ( >25 sec) and not sustained.

    That being said, as much as I'd love warr to be top of the pile again, I'd at least settle for us to have a more interesting ring. Give us damage or something out of it; we are warriors after all. I'm more interested in the play feel to change, not so much the tank metas to sway wildly in our favor.

    Sure we're protectors, but we're fighters too, we should do damage. Bloods leach life from their oppressors, Bears take a HUGE beating, Pallys stand and protect (heals, light, blah blah), Monks stagger/smooth damage. I have no idea how to fantasize DH though, but warriors should be strong in combat, plain and simple. From a fantasy standpoint, we're the most ubiquitous class, we're the every-man, we need a niche, and blocking alone doesn't feel amazing in practice. It sounds great, but why block when you can just take hits like a bear or more or less absorb them as a monk or just heal it all back as a DK or just block and heal, including your party, like a pally.

  14. #4814
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Unites States
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    I'd at least settle for us to have a more interesting ring. Give us damage or something out of it; we are warriors after all.
    We already do a good amount of damage, and the ability to use Vengeance along side Booming Voice IS more damage. It's also more survivability.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

  15. #4815
    Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    We already do a good amount of damage, and the ability to use Vengeance along side Booming Voice IS more damage. It's also more survivability.
    This assumes a couple things though. Those being that the ring isn't just an additional lego and certainly doens't take up one of our current spots; also that it's base stats are worth it over just having a better other ring.

    If it's something that allows us to use 3 instead of 2 now, then it wouldn't beat out bracers/belt/gloves imo. If it takes up 1 of our 2 spots then it won't get used since in progression you'd use vengeance anyways and for farm who needs vengeance? Do you think the additional extra BV, assuming no belt lego, is worth the opportunity cost of stats you'd be giving up? As it stands it's under half the secondary stats of a decent ilvl epic ring.

    Idk, time will tell, i could be incredibly wrong, but right now it feels lackluster and at best has a narrow useful niche.

  16. #4816
    Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    357
    Anyone have any thoughts on the extra SB and SR charges from the new legendary? Feels like the extra SB devalues haste a bit, which is nice, and makes HR less important. The SR sounds interesting and also makes our capabilities of handling various rates of spell damage burst better.

    Overall i think it'll be more of a utility -fight by fight- based legendary, but at least sounds interesting in that it's not universally good, but where it's good it should be great.

  17. #4817
    My thoughts? There's literally no situation I see myself using it over Gloves/Bracers.

    MAYBE if there were two Fireballs 6 seconds apart that could be reflected for 20m damage each, but even then I'd probably still want my gloves.

  18. #4818
    Really depends on how much can be blocked and reflected. Minus the one boss that does bleeds, a number of them have magic dots for 30 seconds. If there are any Krosus like Slams then I would say it would probably be useless outside of magic fights.

  19. #4819
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Really depends on how much can be blocked and reflected. Minus the one boss that does bleeds, a number of them have magic dots for 30 seconds. If there are any Krosus like Slams then I would say it would probably be useless outside of magic fights.
    Ugh, what? Whyyyy?

  20. #4820
    With ToS coming in a couple of weeks, it looks like the T20 bonus wasnt just a placeholder. Any thoughts? I cant be the only one that hated the "press BR on CD" mechanic from WoD. I was so happy when they removed it and now we got it back, with an forced talent "choice".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •