Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Question about aoe/cleave:

Yeah basically a lot of Cleave and WW but do I weave in the Executes/Mortal Strikes when specced into Sweeping Strikes and at what prio (i.e at how many adds is it worth it as I assume after a certain amount, the WW will still hit harder)?
    There's a thread at the top of the forum that has the link to the arms compendium, which covers these questions for you.

But to save you a trip, it states that prioritizing cleaved whirlwinds occurs at 8+ targets given you have the rage to sustain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xnm View Post
    There's a thread at the top of the forum that has the link to the arms compendium, which covers these questions for you.

But to save you a trip, it states that prioritizing cleaved whirlwinds occurs at 8+ targets given you have the rage to sustain it.
    Ah ok... then I'll basically always weave in the executes! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xnm View Post

but the guide isnot clear if is 8+ with SS or without SS, obviously the number change with or without the talent

It is assuming you have sweeping strikes talented, given the statement in the same column that says "As you won’t have the rage to sustain the Cleave/WW rotation very long, you should continue to cleave with SS when too ragestarved for WW."

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Do you have 4 piece t20? If not, you don't use Bladestorm for single target.
    Bladestorm feeds rage , so it can be used o na ST as a little rage-backup

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Bladestorm feeds rage , so it can be used o na ST as a little rage-backup
    Honestly better off holding the BS for potential AoE and running out for a Charge between swings if you're low on rage. This would probably only be a thing with the FoB build as you likely wouldn't be running out of rage too often with the Rend/TM build.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    I think I’ve finally had enough of the FoB / Trauma build as there were periods last night on HC where I was just sitting there white hitting into some rage and then using it on a MS / WW to then be at the same place a swing later i.e. with no rage. There were even times of bad RnG where I’d not hit a tactican proc for 30 seconds which again was just debilitating in terms of DPS. This has been made worse lately simply because everything is dying faster and people are now used to the HC mechanics (and also from a personal level are in their 4 sets to which I am still yet to even get 1 set!) so can set themselves up quicker so things such as SS on adds cleave, Ravager on adds with no 4 set is slightly redundant for me.

To that end I have been playing around with Rend / TM (non-OP build) and I can just feel it being a lot more engaging and consistent in terms of output of damage mainly because of Slam and low rage cost with the potential to be swimming in rage due to favourable procs. In essence it doesn’t punish you for not white hitting into rage as you can always press a slam to get something in and that gives you the chance of a tactician (of course). It just feels a lot more busy and effectively gives you stuff to do when in FoB / Trauma you’d stand there waiting for resource in order to do if you get my drift.

The only thing that annoys me (a bit) is the rend CD as it seems just too short but that’s me just being lazy.

Deleted
    Rend will always be too short if it's anything shorter than 21 seconds. Glyphed of course.
    To me at least.

Bad (good?) habits die super hard.

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Rend will always be too short if it's anything shorter than 21 seconds. Glyphed of course.
    To me at least.

I prefer the short duration rend. You press it more often and its low duration allows the damage to be higher per tic. It also justifys its high rage cost.

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    To me at least.

Shorter duration means you can more frequently spend rage on a higher DPR ability, though. You can think of the duration more like a CD than a duration, in the sense that it allows you to get more damage out of the rage you spend every X seconds(like how Mortal Strike hits harder than Slam, but has a CD, Rend is essentially another Mortal Strike just without reset potential)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Yeah I know, it's just that after seven years I still have muscle memory for the WotLK Arms rotation.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    ive been a single toon warrior player since vanilla and to me an 8 second rend is 100% cancer. If I wanted an active ability DOT in my rotation It had better actually interact with my strikes or be aoe spreadable without tabbing. If all it does is damage then it is just another debuff to track and another gcd to interfere with my direct damage abilities. And unlike vanilla/TBC rend its not even usable to stop rogues from vanishing in pvp.

I am literally saying that I would rather have a rend that does 1 damage per tick for 15 or 21 seconds than one that does actual damage but only lasts 8 and costs a talent point
    Last edited by mrchee; 2017-07-09 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrchee View Post
    ive been a single toon warrior player since vanilla and to me an 8 second rend is 100% cancer. If I wanted an active ability DOT in my rotation It had better actually interact with my strikes or be aoe spreadable without tabbing. If all it does is damage then it is just another debuff to track and another gcd to interfere with my direct damage abilities. And unlike vanilla/TBC rend its not even usable to stop rogues from vanishing in pvp.

I am literally saying that I would rather have a rend that does 1 damage per tick for 15 or 21 seconds than one that does actual damage but only lasts 8 and costs a talent point
    Spare us your whining, there's enough babys screaming already. If you dont wanna press anything, just play gameboy or sth

I'd agree that 8 seconds is on the short side, especially since it costs Rage. 12 would be better IMO.

It's a reason why if I ever use my Arms OS, I go Trauma/Titanic Might. A bit less frustrating, seems to perform just as well.

I don't see what the fuss is about, if you didn't have rend you'd be limited to MS on CD and spamming whirlwind or slam depending on your talent choices. If you want a 2 button class go play a DH. 8 seconds isn't hard to maintain, and it does a ton of damage plus procs tactician.

Deleted
    It's clear and simple. Blizzard wants rend to be a single target dot. Not something you want to spread on multiple targets. The high ragecost and duration makes it pretty obvious.
    If they would increase the duration they have to lower the damage. Secondly it only would result in spamming slam more often.
    If they would reduce the rage cost. People would use it to multidot again. Blizz just doesn't want warriors to fuction like melee locks.

I was actually questioning myself. Is rend atm the highest ticking dot in the game? (dot burst cooldowns not included.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    It's clear and simple. Blizzard wants rend to be a single target dot. Not something you want to spread on multiple targets. The high ragecost and duration makes it pretty obvious.
    If they would increase the duration they have to lower the damage. Secondly it only would result in spamming slam more often.
    If they would reduce the rage cost. People would use it to multidot again. Blizz just doesn't want warriors to fuction like melee locks.

I was actually questioning myself. Is rend atm the highest ticking dot in the game? (dot burst cooldowns not included.)
    highest ticking is doom with 1mil per tick, but per execute time rend might be up there, its total dmg is a bit under all the lock/moonkin/shadow dots

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    Rip ticks roughly as hard as Rend, Rake from stealth ticks harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    highest ticking is doom with 1mil per tick, but per execute time rend might be up there, its total dmg is a bit under all the lock/moonkin/shadow dots
    Rend DPET is roughly half of Rip and slightly lower than Rake. Not sure about caster DoTs.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-07-10 at 12:52 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee View Post

Lol another? What was your first one? CS? Which you'll hit on CD regardless so there is no point in "tracking" it?

Interact with your strikes? Like costing 30 rage (the most besides Execute) and having the highest chance in your rotation to Tact Proc? If it was 15-21s you'd actually net less useful strike interaction

Interfere with your direct damage abilities? I didn't realize DoT's were some how indirect. Do you understand how much damage this button does per press? It's amongst the highest damage per cast (DPC) moves in the game. It takes loaded EP Crit MSes to compete.

"if all it does is damage" Lol so you're also against MS...Execute... Better not give you more than 1 DPS button or you get dizzy. Why don't you unplug your keyboard before you hurt yourself. We need less of you on this forum.

Really? Rend is an issue?
    I actually like having more to manage. Having a DoT that you only refresh every 30 sec or so seems boring to me.