im not sure what is better, i ended up doing different starts with delaying / using dos situationally without bc varying on fight and situation.

(some encounters , like aluriel where u get "blown away from frost adds", u can root your self with it) but i often had to delay avatar and dos for bc, or dont use bc for ages to be able to get it synced with draught of souls. the problem: if u delay it once, u have to delay it next time too and so on, or u say fuck it, use draught independenantly and it will start to sync better on the 3rd time.

but generally: u always want to use draught within avatar. never without. And you dont want to delay avatar at all. and you need fucking bc within avatar. And u want draught in this window everytime. (and u need to have the cs debuff on target).

Convergence fixed those "fuck it" scenarios pretty nicely for me.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2017-03-05 at 04:56 PM.

guys do you know somebodies youtube channel with arms warrior high end PvE content with understandable interface

wanna look for some tricks and stuff

I'm new to Arms and warrior in general. Just got my alt to 110 last week and I'm at 848 ilvl.

I did LFR Krosus and had 257k DPS with str flask and mastery food (no rune, no potions)... that seems a little low, and makes me think I'm doing something wrong. I've read the compendium and there's a lot to cover, but I THINK I have the general rotation right. Can anyone comment on if my DPS is acceptable for 848 ilvl? Only legendary I have is Aggramar's Stride.
    Last edited by Ouyang; 2017-03-06 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouyang View Post
    I'm new to Arms and warrior in general. Just got my alt to 110 last week and I'm at 848 ilvl.

I did LFR Krosus and had 257k DPS with str flask and mastery food (no rune, no potions)... that seems a little low, and makes me think I'm doing something wrong. I've read the compendium and there's a lot to cover, but I THINK I have the general rotation right. Can anyone comment on if my DPS is acceptable for 848 ilvl? Only legendary I have is Aggramar's Stride.
    You can't really comment here. Depends on too much stuff like bl time, fight length (especially execute phase length) and more about rng aspect of the spec. But in general 260k dps with 848 on a very short (given LFR) fight seems okayish, may be slightly lower than expected, but definitely fine.

Logs will help much more here so I could comment on a rotation execution.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    SURPRISINGLY there are people that LOVE this kind of rotation. The more buttons I need to press the more fun it is for me. I love that spammy stuff and loved it on gldaiator dps in WoD while everyone hated it too.
    I really enjoy the spammy shit, I hate waiting around but I'm slowly swapping over to fury for obvious reasons. I still play arms for a few fights (trilliax, krosus, augur). I want to figure out how the hell to play Arms on Gul'dan even though fury would be easier because I know I'm missing something. My damage just goes to shit on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I really enjoy the spammy shit, I hate waiting around but I'm slowly swapping over to fury for obvious reasons. I still play arms for a few fights (trilliax, krosus, augur). I want to figure out how the hell to play Arms on Gul'dan even though fury would be easier because I know I'm missing something. My damage just goes to shit on that fight.
    Yea Guldan is sketch as Arms. I use Sweeping Strikes, try to hold Warbringer for AoE moments. Use it to optimize cleave on the three adds in Phase 1. Try to hold Warbringer for the multiple eyes in P2 and Bladestorm there hit boxes are massive so WB + BS + WW should hit most of them. Fish for a CS proc when the Dreadlord shows up before swapping to it. Fish for a CS proc and hold it before the eye comes up. Use AoE trinkets like Windscar Meteorite. Does about as much damage as a Bladestorm, but the CD is 2min.

Still now sure when to use extra action button. Using it with Battle Cry seems like a waste since you won't be able to take advantage of the extra rage gen you'll be getting with the extra haste. Using with BC though will give you more Globals though that'll crit along with white damage.

They just took away the second random trait ..... man this is so screwed up. And we won't see any real updates for another year or so on the traits.

I've been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn, I've put a bunch of other games on hold and ... I'm fed up with the current state of Legion and how Arms is being treated like shit. Was hoping for a freaking at least TWO relics with Tactician. Now its back to the ULTIMATE GRIND AND RNG.

-shrugs- ...

Anyone mind looking at my log for gul'dan and telling me where I screwed up, I definitely died this attempt and didn't 2nd pot so besides those :P. Char name is Heaton. I saw there was the "Fix my DPS thread" but it isn't very active.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=10

can see some other ones here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1866

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I would go Fury but I am stubborn and want to figure out arms

Deleted
    Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if someone has tested using Convergence of Fates and instead of tacking Anger Management going for Ravager in Nighthold. Thinking maybe if CoF can reduce BC to about 40-45sec maybe the "10-15" extra seconds of CD can be offset with ravager?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    well yeah people used to play arms because it was the superior spec while the playstyle is utter shit.

now its not superior and shitgameplay still stands, why do anyone want to play it at this point, unless some are stuck with legendaries or ap grind beyond rerolling
    funny, i fint the arms gameplay (methodical cd based) way better than the fury one (spammy as fuck, just hit your 3 buttons)

Deleted
    Anyone else feels Arms starts to scale pretty bad? (Not counting getting carried by DoS.)
    Mastery is fine and all. But it just feels the other stats are so insignificant it really starts to decline now the ilvls become higher. Mainly raw strength scaling.
    I could be wrong and all. But i see a lot of classes pulling much smoother numbers with lower ilvl and less effort. Especially in cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    Anyone else feels Arms starts to scale pretty bad? (Not counting getting carried by DoS.)
    Mastery is fine and all. But it just feels the other stats are so insignificant it really starts to decline now the ilvls become higher. Mainly raw strength scaling.
    I could be wrong and all. But i see a lot of classes pulling much smoother numbers with lower ilvl and less effort. Especially in cleave.
    Yeah, it's warriors in general imo. And when draught is gone it's going to hit us hard. There are a lot of classes/specs that scale very well with primary stat because their damage is tied to AP. Now that primary stat is just everywhere (majority of trinkets) and ultra inflated after 7.1.5 -- it's a huge scaling advantage to have a "good" primary stat as opposed to the more rigid benefit we get from strength.

It's much more reliable too as your bis will often have stats you hate, but you can guarantee a ton of primary stat regardless.

tldr: I agree, scaling might become an issue going forward, but we'll see -- numerical tweaks always happen and maybe we'll get an op trinket or set bonus never know. Regardless, it definitely feels bad when you're primary stat is just garbage.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-03-09 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to play Arms more. I'm mainly a PvPer so I'm working on it for that, but I also PvE a lot for gear. My haste on my gear has gone down because of new gear with better iLvL. So my Fury dps is lower. Trying to compensate by playing Arms. I have a decent amount of Mastery I believe. Dps isn't too good though. Going to try the daughtless/focused rage setup today.

Yo .....

What's gonna happen to our legos now? Execute Ring and Gloves and Pants? They're adding something to them now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Yo .....

What's gonna happen to our legos now? Execute Ring and Gloves and Pants? They're adding something to them now.
    And, Says who?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    arms is scaling bad cause there is no mastery on the gear in nighthold, its one of the many problems

No mastery, and that none of the other stats does anything significant for Arms.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt that anything happens to ring, pants, or gloves. We might see extra stats added to the bracers, boots, shoulders, or something like that. That's all that blizzard has implied so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I have the same question as the poster you quoted. I end up using BC/Avatar/DoS on opener, then I have another BC without Avatar and DoS. Once BC comes up again, I have around 10 second left on DoS and 20 seconds Avatar, so I hold my BC and DoS for Avatar. Should I not?
    You want to use CS then BC/Avatar then use MS and 1 extra global before you use the trinket.
    That will bring your CD to 10s and 17s. for the 3rd BC you stall until Ava and trinket are up again

my sims show 4pc with head/shoulders/chest/cloak and anomaly legs 3-4k dps over head/shoulders/legs/cloak and gul'dan chest (the anomalylegs beeing 900 with a socket and the gul'dan chest beeing 910 even)

i wonder how this is possible, i mean it is not even close althought the gul'dan chest setup is even 10 ilvls ahead.

is haste a tad overrated?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    what is the status of arms at 7.2? i am fury atm, but always been arms player, and i am tempting to play it again

but with more gear, fury will surely go ahead, anyone simed/tested ptr?