Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    Funny how some people think the damage taken debuff is actually happening. o\
    It's more so a hey hang on is this a typo or is this happening?? I'm not sure if I should take to the streets and riot kind of moment.

Deleted
    Actually I like these changes, we need more information how it will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladio View Post
    Well someone brought up a really good point above. If Rampage is just a temporary 2s damage dealer and NOT a channel we could be casting additional abilities with it up. THAT would be really interesting because we could continue to BT & RB with Rampage going and that would feel REALLY hectic & furious. It would also mean that they could really go ham on giving us insane amounts of rage generation and basically at high gear levels we might just have our Rage Bar constantly filling and depleting and having our warrior on screen go absolutely balls to the wall with attack animations lol!

With all that said though you're absolutely right, without beta testing and numbers all of this is just speculation. Regardless, the only negative (and it's a pretty big one) is the 30% extra damage taken, if we have that baseline we better be dealing some insane damage.
    I agree that Rampage definitely provides a "furious feel" to the Fury gameplay. Furthermore, being able to use RB inside an Enrage window and not being tied to a charge systems also lends to this feel.

I personally think these changes are in a very good direction. Also, when people actually play around with Rampage they will feel better. Also, they've not said if Rampage deals damage to a single target or multiple or if it's split among multiple targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Calith- View Post
    Others have brought up similar ideas but here's my shot at it. I've been thinking about what people have been saying about IW replacing HS, but the buff effect of IW ruins it. If Blizz' main concern is that WS and HS were too similar and the whole spec needs a refined identity.

Turn HS into an off-GCD short duration attack buff of consecutive attacks like a single target legendary cloak proc. It could even use the same animation as the cloak proc. Let's name it 'Rampage' to bring back some memories. Make it a 1.5-2 second buff that extends when you use it like Shuffle. That would make it wastly different than WS and certainly feel more furious than being careful with the obnoxious WS GCD. The goal would be to have high Rampage uptime during CS and WS could go back to being a filler.

Speccing Ignite Weapon would replace Rampage with the longer buff if the Rampage-playstyle turns out too HS-like for people who didn't like HS.
    Called it, maybe?

I wonder if Rampage will scale with Haste at all. I really like the concept, but trading one mechanic that doesnt play well with Haste (Bloodsurge) for another makes me worried. Overall, I really like these changes alot, barring that the damage taken thing isn't a typo, then I might riot.

Also if they do not put Death Wish in as one of our throughput talents I will literally lose my shit. What better time to do it, when they are redoing all the talents and adding many spec-specific ones? I need this in my life.

The only thing I'm really not liking is "increasing ... damage taken by 30%" while Enraged. Is that written correctly? We take more damage while "buffed" with Enrage? Why? How is this "thematic"?

When raid damage goes out that would bring someone down to 50% HP, it would bring the Enraged Fury Warrior down to 35%. Will we be facing situations where it's best to cancel our Enrage buff to survive mechanics? That would feel bad... It just seems like a Fury Warrior would be a liability with this "buff" mechanic. Let alone any PvP implications...

I understand that BT now heals for 5%, but I'd rather it heal for nothing and not have a defensive debuff while Enraged.

The spanish site has 30% dmg done when you translate it with google translate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    I wonder if Rampage will scale with Haste at all. I really like the concept, but trading one mechanic that doesnt play well with Haste (Bloodsurge) for another makes me worried. Overall, I really like these changes alot, barring that the damage taken thing isn't a typo, then I might riot.

Also if they do not put Death Wish in as one of our throughput talents I will literally lose my shit. What better time to do it, when they are redoing all the talents and adding many spec-specific ones? I need this in my life.
    I am fairly sure Rampage will scale with Haste like all DoTs. Fists of Fury currently does and if Rampage is modeled on the same behavior, then it will.

As for throughput talents, I sincerely doubt it. We already have Avatar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    let's call it "Rampage"; maybe channeled
    I'm a fucking wizard!

Fuckin', goddamn, wizard!

That was my idea, Blizz!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frarin View Post
    The spanish site has 30% dmg done when you translate it with google translate.
    Here's to hope our mechanic isn't aimed at killing us in Raids and PvP due to Enrage being up at the wrong time.

On the german site it also says "damage taken" instead of increased.

Imagine a fight like Blackhand where phase one was very much against us anyway, now we take more damage, just why? As Jaybee says, reworking death wish into fury would be absolutely brilliant and it can have the drawback it used to, oh wait that drawback was 5%, not 30%. Bloodthirst healing for 5% means absolutely nothing. Rogues have almost every personal you could ever want and now we're taking 30% more damage for no real reason at all, some great changes but this ruins it if it's going to go live.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    I'm a fucking wizard!

Fuckin', goddamn, wizard!

That was my idea, Blizz!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's to hope our mechanic isn't aimed at killing us in Raids and PvP due to Enrage being up at the wrong time.

On the german site it also says "damage taken" instead of increased.
    French site says damage taken as well.
    Just like Russian site...
    and Italian as well...

It's not like the text wasn't full of typos. Someone probably wrote it at 4am after an all-nighter.

Don't put much faith in language translations. Location of words can make a major difference in the meaning of a phrase.

What a disappointment.

No problems solved, more problems added. Celestalon and his team really are beyond saving at this point. If the 8 months of negative feedback they got in WoD beta didn't stop WoD fury and arms, what will this feedback do?

You guessed it - Nothing. Time to pick a new class, or better yet, a new game.

The 30% increased damage taken from enrage is a typo. It should be Enrage increase your attack speed by 100% and damage done by 30% that way our mastery works to buff Enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    No problems solved, more problems added.
    I see a big problem solved and no problems added (assuming the 30% damage taken really is a typo. And even if it isn't, it won't go live).

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    What a disappointment.

No problems solved, more problems added. Celestalon and his team really are beyond saving at this point. If the 8 months of negative feedback they got in WoD beta didn't stop WoD fury and arms, what will this feedback do?

You guessed it - Nothing. Time to pick a new class, or better yet, a new game.
    May I ask what problems you felt werent solved, and what new ones you think were added?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    May I ask what problems you felt werent solved, and what new ones you think were added?
    Don't respond to whine/troll posts. Just deviates from the kind of constructive discussion we're trying to do here.

Although I'm fairly sure these are the list of problems everyone wants to whine about that are not fixed.

-> Enrage not being 100% uptime due to BT crit RNG.
    -> Utility, whatever that means.
    -> Mobility
    -> PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    Don't respond to whine/troll posts. Just deviates from the kind of constructive discussion we're trying to do here.

Although I'm fairly sure these are the list of problems everyone wants to whine about that are not fixed.

-> Enrage not being 100% uptime due to BT crit RNG.
    -> Utility, whatever that means.
    -> Mobility
    -> PvP.
    I feel our mobility is pretty good already. Our survival in PVP isn't the best at all, it's kind of shitty actually which is probably one of the biggest reasons we aren't that representative in the higher brackets and we don't make up any God comps.

I hate RNG, especially with the rotation based around it. With rampage, that gives us a filler to use if BT doesn't crit, and it works as if it was enraged. That already sounds really good to me and Theres more talents to be seen so im assuming it'll probably get better.

If in the case of the 30% damage taken increase hitting live, I think a talent to consume the duration left would be cool. For example:

<Insert name of talent here> Consumes the remainder of your enrage effect, you lose the damage buff that you gain from mastery. During this state of calm you take 30% less damage and the cost of your abilities cost X amount less. This effect is cancelled when you next use bloodthirst and bloodthirst has 100% chance to crit when you break out of this state of calm.

Finally a personal cooldown we deserve.