Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You wouldn't be a good friend if you let your best mate commit date rape or embarrass themselves in public. Surprised people need peoples to point out the obvious lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't tend to make friends with guys who would take unfair advantage of women.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    If a male is drunk and a sober female coaxes them into having sex is that rape? From a feminists point of view I'm guessing the male would be charged with rape in this case.
    All this rapeculture thing makes me never want to party in the US.
    At least that shit didn't make it to Germany. Here you just have to be cautions of underage girls...

I really dislike this campaign, and I hope my daughter doesn't see it until I'm done teaching her to make the necessary distinction the advertisers are missing.

The drunk girl is beyond the point at which good choices could keep her safe. By all means, save the kid. The girl at the bar needs someone to intervene as well. Somebody, please help her out.

But then there's the rest of the ads. They're telling the girls that they need some bro's bros to save them, that it's up to friends and strangers to "save them" from catcalls and creep bosses and situations in which they should feel justified in defending their own boundaries. They're dividing the girls and boys into aggressors and victims by gender, and then telling the boys they need to betray their fellow aggressors. What the fuck? You want guys to stop seeing intervention as a betrayal of team loyalties? Stop drawing that line and then telling the boys to cross it! You want girls to stop being victimized? Stop portraying them as voiceless victims when they have the power to advocate for themselves.

I don't want my daughter seeing those ads. They make sheep of the women and dogs of the men, and the message they send is that when one of the dog pack shows himself to be a wolf, it's on the sheepdogs in the pack to drive him away. They set up a three party system in which one party is beholden to the third to save her from the second, but must also be wary of the third, because you can't tell the second and third parties apart until the second party makes his move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    All this rapeculture thing makes me never want to party in the US.
    At least that shit didn't make it to Germany. Here you just have to be cautions of underage girls...
    I've never really witnessed the whole "rapeculture" thing that the internet makes such a big deal about. It's a lot of sound and fury in most cases, just like it is elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I've never really witnessed the whole "rapeculture" thing that the internet makes such a big deal about. It's a lot of sound and fury in most cases, just like it is elsewhere.
    For the most part everything SJW and feminist propaganda is confined to the internet and probably the only place most people will ever hear or see anything about it. In real life I have only ever encountered anyone that actually talked like the internet SJW and feminists do and he was a college kid that failed out of school and had to move back down south with his parents because he couldn't afford $300 a month for his rent anymore.

I wanna shit post too...

Ot: this ad campaign is bad it shows women as helpless victims like fuck why cant women do anything in these?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    not give a shit about it probably

women are strong and independent and can defend themselves
    Not really the woman I was concerned about, feeling up a chick whom is passed out is sexual assault. I would smack my friend in the head and tell him to knock it off on both accountants. Though the catcalling one I would give less a shit about.

It's not sex if he's drunk. Don't be that girl.

EDIT: I mean first poster, you can't see his face but he's obviously drunk... and shes there looking all annoyed because he's playing hard to get....

Second poster, that look on his face... you know whatever she said while walking by wasn't PG13

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I wanna shit post too...

Ot: this ad campaign is bad it shows women as helpless victims like fuck why cant women do anything in these?
    Because you need men to save you. But you need to watch out, because they'll rape you.

I feel bad for everyone who gets stuck on that nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    For the most part everything SJW and feminist propaganda is confined to the internet and probably the only place most people will ever hear or see anything about it. In real life I have only ever encountered anyone that actually talked like the internet SJW and feminists do and he was a college kid that failed out of school and had to move back down south with his parents because he couldn't afford $300 a month for his rent anymore.
    Well the same goes for the anti-SJW and MRA crowd.

Feminists, SJWs, MRAs, etc. all tend to have some legitimate gripes, but they aren't as mainstream or widespread as those groups tend to suggest most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Because you need men to save you. But you need to watch out, because they'll rape you.

I feel bad for everyone who gets stuck on that nonsense.
    Here's where all this "rape culture!" nonsense has taken us.

"Okay ladies, you should really use the buddy system if you're going to a party, and don't stagger half naked home through a dark alleyway on your own, call a cab."
    "THAT'S VICTIM BLAMING, YOU CAN'T DO THAT. SHE'S A BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING AND SHE SHOULD GO TO THE PARTY ON HER OWN AND STAGGER HOME DRUNK THROUGH THAT ALLEY IF SHE WANTS. WHAT WE REALLY NEED TO DO IS END RAPE CULTURE!"
    Woman gets raped.
    "If only we had taught those rapists about affirmative consent..."

It's delusional. Policy can't stop a rapist from raping. The best thing you can do is to arm people with the knowledge and tools to defend themselves.

Nope. She could go around naked, shouting "Someone fuck me now" and she plays no part. Because women are little children that can't think for themselves and need men to save them from bad choices.
    If she is asking specifically for sex then there was consent...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Here's where all this "rape culture!" nonsense has taken us.

"Okay ladies, you should really use the buddy system if you're going to a party, and don't stagger half naked home through a dark alleyway on your own, call a cab."
    "THAT'S VICTIM BLAMING, YOU CAN'T DO THAT. SHE'S A BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING AND SHE SHOULD GO TO THE PARTY ON HER OWN AND STAGGER HOME DRUNK THROUGH THAT ALLEY IF SHE WANTS. WHAT WE REALLY NEED TO DO IS END RAPE CULTURE!"
    Woman gets raped.
    "If only we had taught those rapists about affirmative consent..."

It's delusional. Policy can't stop a rapist from raping. The best thing you can do is to arm people with the knowledge and tools to defend themselves.
    Arm them with tools to defend themselves while insisting it's all their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If they don't use those tools maybe it is their fault. Telling people to wear their seatbelts is victim blaming teach other cars not to get in accidents.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

Nowhere in his statement did he blame the woman. Thank you for being part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    If they don't use those tools maybe it is their fault.
    So if you get drunk and a guy rapes you... your fault only?

The question clearly says taking advantage of a drunk girl your friend is actively taking advantage.

"women are trained to be deceptive misleading sluts" ~ Signed, totally not misogynistic Satimy.

MUH soggy knees

IF I knew it was a non consensual sexual act yes I would stop it. But I take problem with your question because it would be very hard to determine that, and basically just reinforces the all men are rapists and damsels in distress tropes

Nowhere in his statement did he blame the woman. Thank you for being part of the problem.
    Someone doesn't know post history.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Neither. Women can take care of themselves. If they don't like to be cat called, ignore it or speak up.

The drunk thing, depends really.
    Basically this. Anyone drinking should know their own limits, thats why drinking is an adult privilege.

And yea, if a person can't stand up for themselves, then whatever, not my problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but it's the exact same mentality as "SEX ED WILL ENCOURAGE CHILDREN TO HAVE SEX. OBUMMER IS TRYING TO GIVE OUR CHILDREN CONDOMS SO THEY HAVE LOTS OF SEX AND MAKE TEEN PREGNANCY!"

So suddenly it becomes unacceptable to teach children how to use condoms and you end up with the highest teen pregnancy rate out of any G20 country.