Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    No it's not lol. It's a description of what he is. He never dies, he has every female character tripping over themselves to bang him, and he can literally bypass the rules of the game he is in to win XD. And this is the case in EVERY SEASON OF SAO.

His character is fucking ridiculously silly. It's designed to appeal to teenage boys who wish they could be Kirito.
    First off, he does die, 4 times as of episode 50. 5 If Yuuki killed him in their duel, though we have no way of knowing if they fought to the death, but I suspect they didn't. More importantly, Kirito loses most of his on screen 1v1 fights. If you don't believe me, I'd be happy to recount them for you individually.

The only time Kirito breaks the rules of the game is in his fight against Sugou, and that whole thing was a clusterfuck of rules breaking from erasing walls to spawning in legendary weapons.

The harem stuff is just kind of typical anime harem shit. Really though, it mostly makes sense with how it's presented, because like it or not Kirito is both incredibly strong and kind. Power is sexy and being nice doesn't hurt either. You also gotta consider, a lot of those girls that fell for him were in SAO. People were literally going insane in SAO. Most people were not in their right minds and it's absolutely no surprise that some of them latched onto anything they could. SAO was a combination prison and warzone and I would be shocked if the majority of SAO survivors didn't come away with PTSD, which kind of gets dealt with in the show with the special school they have to go to afterwards where they specifically mention that the teachers are watching them for signs of mental health issues. It's only natural for people to do crazy shit in high stress situations like that.

In short, I'm actually surprised more girls weren't throwing themselves at him. In ALO, he didn't really have a harem; just a sister with an incest fetish and 2 women trying to manipulate him. Sinnon pretty much hates him for most of Gungale. Yuuki doesn't really acknowledge his existence.

stop the rape, and the cosby roofie drink, but the shoulder rub at the firm was hilarious.. ive actually worked at a company where that happened and the girl didnt even care lmao.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    They shouldn't have to deal with scumbags catcalling them and degrading them.
    No one should have to deal with any kind of harassment, but it happens.

Better they learn to deal with it themselves and most do I might add, what you're talking about is far more degrading than the act itself. You're making it into a situation where the woman can't handle the situation herself, you're making her into a victim far beyond what the original situation did.

Women are just as strong or weak as men, they are just as human as we are. They need to learn to defend themselves if they havent already, not have some random white knight thinking he's doing them a favor come to their rescue.

Assuming women need to be saved is not being a good "feminist".

I meet alot of young women through work who are so ingrained into the whole "I am a victim of my gender" mentality that media is spewing out left and right, do you have any idea how many hours of counseling is needed to get them to realise that they are capable of defending themselves? That they arent weak or prone to getting assaulted at every turn due to their gender?

anyhow... OT: Of course you should interfere if you spot any of these situations and it is your place to do so aka, she isnt herself aware of the problem/incapable of handling it and/or no friend of hers is coming to her rescue. But trying to be a saviour in a situation you percive to be harmful without first grasping the picture? Dangerous territory friend, very dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having sex with a drunk chick...or passed out chick? There's a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Having sex with a drunk chick...or passed out chick? There's a difference.
    Raping a "chick".

Yes or no?

Well the law sees women as children so if she decides she doesn't want to be responsible for her actions or wants revenge he is the one who will suffer so sadly I would have to try and cock block as much as I would hate to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread turned from having sex with drunk chicks to anime. Never change mmo-c OT.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raping a "chick".

Yes or no?
    Is she not a chick?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I would be in any such situation but yes I would stop a human from raping another human.

The only time I would stop a friend from catcalling is if it was in bad taste or simply vulgar, then again I don't keep such friends.

Your friend is taking advantage of a drunk girl at a party, who will you help?

There's a lot of factors to consider. Is he sober? If he's sober and is all over some drunk girl who obviously can't consent, yeah I'd pull him off and ask him wtf he's thinking. If they're both drunk and slobbering all over each other I wouldn't get involved.

So it depends.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are there always people falling for Tennisace sexist bait threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Because gen OT would be empty if we didn't take each bait offered to us.

Disclaimer: I'm not calling the OP a troll, just making an general observation about what the trend is on this sub.
    I mean I'm not complaining, I find them entertaining most of the times, but I rarely participate nowadays because he's become a joke to me... like jaylocke 2.0...

Because you want to do the right thing.
    No I don't?

Tennis still trying to score.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I mean I'm not complaining, I find them entertai nookning most of the times, but I rarely participate nowadays because he's become a joke to me... like jaylocke 2.0...

Life must be rough in Romania.I wish you the best and hope you can appreciate quality threads like this in the future.

I shall challenge him to an honourable duel for the females attention, 'tis the chivalrous way.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    No worries. i'm barely scratching the surface.

You're killing yourself by waiting for the anime though. Even when the anime comes backs, it's going to end before what i'm even talking about.

We're talking years,
    I ended up dropping the manga when the focus shifted to a lot of political drama hoo haa. I might need to pick it up again though.

- - - Updated - - -

Life must be rough in Romania.I wish you the best and hope you can appreciate quality threads like this in the future.
    I find threads by Hooked, Vyxn, and Lockedout to be of more quality because you at least have something to talk about in depth once you ignore their inherent biases whereas your threads are very simple Pick a or b type threads. Take this one for example:
    Your friend is taking advantage of a drunk girl at a party, who will you help?
    Ignoring the ambiguous language that makes it sound like helping the friend means you'll help rape the woman, the answer is, if the woman is drunk out of her mind that she can't even stand let alone form complete sentences, you stop the friend.

Depends what the situation is.

If the friend is drunk and the womans drunk and they are both making out etc then leave them to it. If one of them is passed out and the other person (male or female) is doing something to them then I would put a stop to it.

As for cat calling my friends like the above none of the people I call friends would do this but assuming this were the case. I would ignore it and it its a constant thing rather than a 1 off then I would re-evaluate if I want to hang around with someone like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I've been reading this wrong...

Am I joining in with my friend or am I watching? Or is it like I was looking for the bathroom and saw it happening?

God I love these forums. All based in America, and I am sitting here in my country that is split by two communities with over 300 years of fighting just going "yep it's not that bad! At least we are not sitting here bored and thinking of things to complain about".

And cat calling? Really? Such a fucking name....