Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Season 4 is due December 13th 2019 on Amazon Prime Video. They are also making season 5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_(TV_series)
    Interesting.

Last I heard about the Expanse it had been abandoned and picked up again. Thought it would take a year or two to get it back on the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Interesting.

Last I heard about the Expanse it had been abandoned and picked up again. Thought it would take a year or two to get it back on the screen
    It has. It was dumped/renewed a year and a half ago.

So glad I started watching this. Really enjoying it. People have been recommending the books to me for years and I've always been reading another series at the time and it gets on the back burner. It just jumped to the front of the line.

Season 4 is out. Unlocked a little early.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Season 4 is out. Unlocked a little early.

I noticed that too but was unable to watch it until today.

Season 4 done and a long wait until season 5 lmao.

I love Amos

I just finished watching the whole season in one go. It's 6am. My sleep schedule will be fucked for the rest of this decade.

Worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I just finished watching the whole season in one go. It's 6am. My sleep schedule will be fucked for the rest of this decade.

Worth it.
    Watched it also. Amos never disappoints. Afterall, he is that guy. As for the CGI. HOLY SHITBALLS. This is probably the best CGI you will ever find on a tv show. Definitely movie quality. The whole season is probably the best tv show I have seen since early mid GOT seasons before they outran the books. I can't stress this enough, watch the previous 3 season AND make sure you push past the first 4 episodes of season 1. It starts really slow but then becomes an epic space opera/political show.

The only bad thing about this season was that it felt more like individual storylines than big story happening everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    The only bad thing about this season was that it felt more like individual storylines than big story happening everywhere.
    Did you miss the overarching storyline that weaves all the individual threads into the tapestry? They are all connected.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2020 - that's two-zero-two-zero, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies.

I've read all the books, and loved seasons one through three. This fourth season just isn't good. It is slow as molasses, and the story doesn't get going until around the 7th or 8th episode. Also, the "bad guy" on Ilus is boring and badly acted. I hope they do a better job with the fifth season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamas View Post
    I've read all the books, and loved seasons one through three. This fourth season just isn't good. It is slow as molasses, and the story doesn't get going until around the 7th or 8th episode. Also, the "bad guy" on Ilus is boring and badly acted. I hope they do a better job with the fifth season.
    As someone who's also read the books, I think the season was as good as the source material allows for. TBH the 4th book, Cibola Burn, is imo the "slowest" of all the books and the storyline isn't all that amazing.

They made the best they could do out of Cibola Burn imo, I found it to be the weakest book in the series. Season was enjoyable.
    R5 3600 | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus ROG Strix B350-F | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Asus GTX 1060 Strix | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Seasonic M12II Evo 620W | NZXT S340-B
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Do you guys not have phones?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They made the best they could do out of Cibola Burn imo, I found it to be the weakest book in the series. Season was enjoyable.
    Easily the weakest book, and can also be skipped, it's almost a standalone. My wife cannot get through it at all and ended up skipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Agreed.

I was somewhat apprehensive about this season because it was based on the arguably weakest book. But they incorporated storylines from Nemesis Games and the Bobbie novella. It ended up so good I binged the whole season even though I had planned to space it out.
    Last edited by Julian Rayne; 2019-12-15 at 04:34 PM.
    Higgledy-piggledy Lord Wyman Manderly
    Sups with his foes, leaving Nary a crumb.

Wolvering wolverenes Incontrovertibly
    Tell all who hearken that Winter is come.

Denmark also didn't seem to handle climate change very well.

I'm that weirdo that really loved Cibola Burn, but I do like the way they incorporated the plotlines from Nemesis games to connect the before and after the ring narratives. I'm still having mixed feelings about their interpretation of Bobby's novella but.... book Bobby has been a bit different from show Bobby from the start, and changes to narrative do fit show Bobby better.

if I have one minor gripe its the change in dynamic between Chrisjen and Arjun (AND the recasting, but I'm guessing that couldn't be helped). I have a general idea why they changed it (for the same reason they "added" to relationship between Wei and Amos, and how they changed dynamic between Rosi crew in earlier seasons - dramas), but I'm still not a fan.

I agree on the recasting of Arjun. That threw me off.

But if our biggest gripe with the season is that a character got recast, I'd say we're doing pretty well.

I liked Cibola Burn, but, I can't disagree with the notion that it was the weakest, thus far, of the series. But, still, I blew through that book as fast as I did any of the others.

----
    Only a couple of episodes into season 4, but, am I crazy, or does the production value seem to have been increased a notch or two?

Regardless, really enjoying season 4 thus far. And this is somewhat unusual for me: I usually have a bit of a grudge against shows for which I've already read the books.

Season 4 was great, I wish there were more scifi shows like this out there. The series has matured a lot from the awful first season. Hopefully we get many more seasons of this in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Only a couple of episodes into season 4, but, am I crazy, or does the production value seem to have been increased a notch or two?
    Yeah it certainly looks better now. Amazon probably threw cash at it or they are just doing things better.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.