Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
... LastLast
  1. #421
    I don't like Amos on earth stuff at all, it has nothing to do with why I love the expanse. I wanna see stars and unknown territory shit, not some mobster gangster with a rough childhood, climbing from rock bottom. Seen that so many times before, doesn't help that it's Amos.
    I really like the tension between the "factions", the politics of it, the greed and the underdog belters, while also having these rings mystifying just how easily they all can be wiped out if they don't tread carefully. Also space and stars is just a soft spot for me.

  2. #422
    The storytelling is pretty good, the visuals are absolutely amazing.
    But I'm starting to wonder if I really care for any of the characters, or if I ever cared for them for that matter.
    Also, the belters still annoy me with the way they speak. Why make them act like silly thugs all the time..
    I dunno, I think I enjoyed season 2 and 3 the most. After that the show kinda went downhill.

  3. #423

  4. #424
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,906
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    The storytelling is pretty good, the visuals are absolutely amazing.
    But I'm starting to wonder if I really care for any of the characters, or if I ever cared for them for that matter.
    Also, the belters still annoy me with the way they speak. Why make them act like silly thugs all the time..
    I dunno, I think I enjoyed season 2 and 3 the most. After that the show kinda went downhill.
    Oh man I love the Belters. For as small as they are they are a well designed sci-fi (a lot of sci-fi in The Expanse is well designed though).

    There's in-universe explanations for a lot of things about the Belters, from the way they look to how they speak, and their views toward the 'Inners'. Their accent is an amalgamation of various Earth dialects. I forgot the specific ones but you can pick up parts of each once you know what you're looking for. The actors aren't just speaking 'broken' English, it's a defined dialect that they have to practice with its own grammatical rules and whatnot.

    I don't know, not mean of them come off as thugs either. They are a reflection or certain worldviews though. All Belters are 'roughnecks' because of their heritage and the environment they grew up in. Then you have a select number who have deep animosity towards the 'Inners', sometimes justified and sometimes not so much. There's lots of infighting, must Belters feel they have been mistreated (they have) but disagree on what to do about it ie you have people like Drummer and Fred Johnson vs the terrorist guy (I forget his name but he has valid points but terrible means). Then again the Inners only have peace among each other at the risk if annihilation while still crapping on the Belters. So the Belters will only be treated fairly through force, what terrorist guy did isn't the way though.

    I love the show because it is not so black and white when it comes to situations.

    Also it's space battles, while short are more grounded in our current imaging of what space battles would actually look like.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-01-01 at 10:02 AM.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    The storytelling is pretty good, the visuals are absolutely amazing.
    But I'm starting to wonder if I really care for any of the characters, or if I ever cared for them for that matter.
    Also, the belters still annoy me with the way they speak. Why make them act like silly thugs all the time..
    I dunno, I think I enjoyed season 2 and 3 the most. After that the show kinda went downhill.
    hehe,thats kinda funny considering the show only got higher and higher ratings with every season,the first did pretty averege and after it just kept climbing,this last season again broke the record

  6. #426
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,906
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    hehe,thats kinda funny considering the show only got higher and higher ratings with every season,the first did pretty averege and after it just kept climbing,this last season again broke the record
    Sadly they have just 1 season after this one. I like when shows wrap up while they are good but I will miss it. Good space sci-fis are few and far in between.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sadly they have just 1 season after this one. I like when shows wrap up while they are good but I will miss it. Good space sci-fis are few and far in between.
    Its proly the best sci fi in recent times,i have no idea what they wanna do because 6 seasons wont be enough to cover the books,so either show original or maybe continue later when books are done,happened before with it

    also Cas Anvar not returning in the last season is freaking annoying,i wonder how they gonna handle that...death or replacement

    edit:just looked in to it,they are saying s6 isnt the end,just a pause

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Its proly the best sci fi in recent times,i have no idea what they wanna do because 6 seasons wont be enough to cover the books,so either show original or maybe continue later when books are done,happened before with it

    also Cas Anvar not returning in the last season is freaking annoying,i wonder how they gonna handle that...death or replacement

    edit:just looked in to it,they are saying s6 isnt the end,just a pause

    huh, well that's new. I thought they decided to end it on 6, in part to avoid the issue of time jump all together.

    and they have done recasting before - Arjun for example. sure, not part of the main core cast, but still an extremely important character. and IMO, that recasting was NOT good. it changed the character too much - original Arjun felt more like the character in the books to me. but that's just personal opinion.

    but.. heck, for all we know they could just make another change from books to series and have Alex reunite with his family as his second chance. although to be perfectly honest, I haven't watched last season yet and as far as I know, not all episodes are even available yet, so that's just me guessing at a possibility

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    hehe,thats kinda funny considering the show only got higher and higher ratings with every season,the first did pretty averege and after it just kept climbing,this last season again broke the record
    Well that's fine. For me personally seasons 4 and 5 (so far) are kind of a letdown. Seasons 1-3 had a lot more going for it in terms of suspense and sci-fi mystery, with an expansive story about the protomolecule, ring gate, etc. When the ring gate activated in season 3 things were looking fantastic. Turns out, season 4 and 5 (so far) are mostly about politics, internal conflict etc. and barely took the whole protomolecule/builder/alien story any further.
    Last edited by deepr; 2021-01-01 at 09:37 PM.

  10. #430
    For those who prefer binging, all 10 episodes are now out.

  11. #431
    I’m suprised that there are shows at 4-5 seasond with this and ”The 100” that i’ve just never heard about.

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  12. #432
    So that's how they handled writing out Cas Anvar. Fuck that guy.

  13. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So that's how they handled writing out Cas Anvar. Fuck that guy.
    Are you part of the cancel culture via fabricated allegations?
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

  14. #434
    probably my least favourite series so far, wasnt bad but wasnt rushing home t watch it.

    wasnt really interested in the fallout on earth parts, they might have fit something more interesting there also a lack of the protomolecule throughout the series

    looking forward to next season though

  15. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Are you part of the cancel culture via fabricated allegations?
    I mean, they hired people to investigate him...
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

  16. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    I mean, they hired people to investigate him...
    Of course, they did it's 2021. But private investigators are not the police.

    And the interest for the investigation is financial, not justice.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Of course, they did it's 2021. But private investigators are not the police.

    And the interest for the investigation is financial, not justice.


    Take their advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

  18. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post


    Take their advice.
    I don't take advice from twitter
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

  19. #439
    Banned Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,329
    I looked up some of the "proof" against Cas.

    It's basically messages with a name Cas and his photo, no way to prove it really is him.

    This is one example of what these "proofs" look like:




    And one of the "proofs" is this:



    I mean, what the fuck, you can't talk to women like this anymore?


    On a side note, totally unrelated to Cas and sexual harassment, being a white male feels like being a sin right now.
    EVEN IF YOU BEHAVE, YOU'RE JUDGED.
    You know what, as a white male, I'm going to start pushing back.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2021-02-03 at 08:55 PM.

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I looked up some of the "proof" against Cas.

    It's basically messages with a name Cas and his photo, no way to prove it really is him.

    This is one example of what these "proofs" look like:
    Dude, he groped women's breasts on CONs. And sent sexual messages to 17yr-old fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    On a side note, totally unrelated to Cas and sexual harassment, being a white male feels like being a sin right now.
    EVEN IF YOU BEHAVE, YOU'RE JUDGED.
    You know what, as a white male, I'm going to start pushing back.
    Lol, persecution complex.

    /ontopic:
    The season had a pacing problem imo, but I loved the finale space battles and the dutchman event & Tempest cameo. Too bad the show will only cover the first 6 books (will probably end on even more Laconia/'assailants' cliffhangers), tho it's pretty understandable why. Hope the writers find a studio/company to bankroll a miniseries or movie that covers the final arc.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2021-02-03 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •