Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I actually like most of the minor and medium characters more than the main ones
    same in some cases,dont like naomi or holden,however the holden thing was very much designed to be that way,he is THE hero architype,he literaly has issues when hes not able to play that role,his simplicity is almost original these days lol

rly like ashford and drummer

but this show man...this show had a rocky history,and going forward its gonna be tricky because of some plot reasons,this show is one of the hardest to adapt on tv,similar to dune

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    same in some cases,dont like naomi or holden,however the holden thing was very much designed to be that way,he is THE hero architype,he literaly has issues when hes not able to play that role,his simplicity is almost original these days lol

rly like ashford and drummer

but this show man...this show had a rocky history,and going forward its gonna be tricky because of some plot reasons,this show is one of the hardest to adapt on tv,similar to dune
    How far into the series are you? I don't want to spoil anything. I've finished through Season 5, but have read none of the books (well, half-way through the first years ago - that probably doesn't count).

How far into the series are you? I don't want to spoil anything. I've finished through Season 5, but have read none of the books (well, half-way through the first years ago - that probably doesn't count).
    seen all the tv stuff and i have read up on some future stuff

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    seen all the tv stuff and i have read up on some future stuff
    Peaches is a Gao right? Clarrisa - the sister of the girl who started out dead at the beginning of the series. Love her character and how she came back into the series. But I can't remember why Amos would want to go see her? Did they have a connection earlier? Why does Amos call her Peaches?

Also - losing Ashford, holy fuck did that suck for me. He was easily my top 5 character in the series - great actor, quality abilities. I really need good acting to stay with a series.

Peaches is a Gao right? Clarrisa - the sister of the girl who started out dead at the beginning of the series. Love her character and how she came back into the series. But I can't remember why Amos would want to go see her? Did they have a connection earlier? Why does Amos call her Peaches?

Also - losing Ashford, holy fuck did that suck for me. He was easily my top 5 character in the series - great actor, quality abilities. I really need good acting to stay with a series.
    your mistaking gao with mao,the nancy gao i mentioned is this

https://expanse.fandom.com/wiki/Nancy_Gao_(TV)

also the peaches thing was mentioned but i forget,he gives everyone nicknames,and they bonded yeah,the books go in more details

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    your mistaking gao with mao,the nancy gao i mentioned is this

https://expanse.fandom.com/wiki/Nancy_Gao_(TV)

also the peaches thing was mentioned but i forget,he gives everyone nicknames,and they bonded yeah,the books go in more details
    Yep, you're right - got those two names mixed up. Nancy Gao seemed like a good character, I wish they could have done more with her - but the plot line in the story to remove her was good.

I don't remember those two even meeting in the show. Peaches (aka Mao daughter) was captured like season 2 or 3 or 4 - and Holden met her for sure. I just couldn't remember when her and Amos even spoke to each other.

Yep, you're right - got those two names mixed up. Nancy Gao seemed like a good character, I wish they could have done more with her - but the plot line in the story to remove her was good.

I don't remember those two even meeting in the show. Peaches (aka Mao daughter) was captured like season 2 or 3 or 4 - and Holden met her for sure. I just couldn't remember when her and Amos even spoke to each other.
    she was their prisoner wile being transported if i recal,thats when they interacted more,amos likes 2 kinds of people,strong moral ones like holden or naomi,or redeemable monsters like her and chandra(the chick he sleeps with from that planet they were on)

also the show does a poor job at showing it but....these trips take a long ass time from planet to planet,this isnt mass effect

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    she was their prisoner wile being transported if i recal,thats when they interacted more,amos likes 2 kinds of people,strong moral ones like holden or naomi,or redeemable monsters like her and chandra(the chick he sleeps with from that planet they were on)

also the show does a poor job at showing it but....these trips take a long ass time from planet to planet,this isnt mass effect
    Ok - that's right. I forgot they transported her back.

Indeed - the time issue can be tough to track.

Just got done watching season 5, and man, did they do Alex in bad. Like what, 10 seconds of screen time explaining what happened, and then nothing? I'm genuinely upset that they showed him so little respect.
    No idea why they did it like that, but whatever.

Hope season 6 is a blast, since I love this show!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Just got done watching season 5, and man, did they do Alex in bad. Like what, 10 seconds of screen time explaining what happened, and then nothing? I'm genuinely upset that they showed him so little respect.
    No idea why they did it like that, but whatever.

Hope season 6 is a blast, since I love this show!
    Cas Anvar was revealed to be a sexual predator.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Cas Anvar was revealed to be a sexual predator.
    Still doesn't change the fact that they could've given us 20 seconds of some emotional reaction :P.
    He was a part of the show for 5 seasons, you CAN actually seperate the character from the actor .

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Still doesn't change the fact that they could've given us 20 seconds of some emotional reaction :P.
    He was a part of the show for 5 seasons, you CAN actually seperate the character from the actor .
    The season had already been filmed after the whole thing came out. There was some editing and a couple of reshoots, but it was limited what they could do with the covid lockdowns in full effect.

the trailer came out about a week ago but i missed it, season 6 december tenth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PJpkGPtAHE

the last season wasnt the best but set up this one really well

First episode of season 6 is out.

Ye, just saw it, had a pleasant surprise finding that it's out.
    Pretty good start, low key glad that for a while now they focus more on the politics side and the conflict between earth and belters, and less on alien stuff.

well... now that they had time to deal with it rather then hastily cobbling up whatever shots they had at the last moment, the are certainly not brushing Alex under the rug anymore.

6 episodes to finish telling that particular story... I guess we shall see.

I'm amused, but not surprised that they started with yet another short story.

all this aside... does anyone know how to get extras to work? I keep trying to watch those shorts they have inside xray on my laptop... but all I get is black screen. I have enabled popups. I have disabled all of my adblock/privacy plugins. and I still can't watch the damn things but I'd really REALLY like to.

- - - Updated - - -

tangentially related, since its a video game, but its based on TV series so I think this is a good spot for it.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but.... Camina Drummer centered story? YES PLEASE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like 6x01 was better than half of season 5.

Drummer's arc remains my favorite. I didn't care for Filip last season and already not caring for him this one.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought telltale went bankrupt or something?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I thought telltale went bankrupt or something?
    apparently they got rescued by the company that did "life is strange" games. expanse game is actualy a colab between them

Good first episode, really enjoyed it. Quick question about me hugely mis remembering something ...

SPOILERS

I thought at the end of last season the belters went through a ring and the martians put mines behind them. Was this reverse and the martians blocked themselves in?