Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Shows already been renewed for a sixth season by Amazon. I've really enjoyed the show thus far and my only complaint I've had on the previous season is that they spent to long in cave during the flood, other wise it was amazing as the previous seasons. So I'm definitely looking forward to season 5 this december and in the future season 6.

Gotta say I haven't read the books at all but I have heard about the time skip coming soon. And in all honesty I don't see the problem. They've already made small changes to the story here and there (from what I've read) so making another small change; say compressing down the time skip wouldn't change much of anything story wise. Another option would be age the characters with makeup and cgi although that would cost money unlike the former option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know nothing of the books, recently binged season 1-4. Think I enjoyed season 2 and 3 the most. The whole protomolecule thing was quite interesting. Also the war between the two ancient species.

I'll spoiler tag this next part even though its just pure speculation on my end;

Holden has said that he has sensed a presence, each time he goes through the ring. Is it some kind of interdimensional intellect? I'm thinking that the civilization that built the rings were wiped out because of the rings. Perhaps when using that form of travel, you enter their 'dimension' and they don't like that, perhaps it even damages them in some way. Why else would they have that sphere looking thing that completely shuts down, but doesn't destroy, the protomolecule connected things. Perhaps it's not "bad" but simply defending itself, sort of like the Station inside the slow-zone was in Season 3..
    Hi

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Been renewed for a final 6th season

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/11/th...and-final.html

"Amazon Studios today announced it has ordered a sixth and final season of the fan-favorite Amazon Original series The Expanse, based on James S.A. Corey's best-selling books. Renewal of THE EXPANSE for a final season comes in advance of the anticipated fifth season, which will premiere December 16th on Amazon Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Been renewed for a final 6th season

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/11/th...and-final.html

"Amazon Studios today announced it has ordered a sixth and final season of the fan-favorite Amazon Original series The Expanse, based on James S.A. Corey's best-selling books. Renewal of THE EXPANSE for a final season comes in advance of the anticipated fifth season, which will premiere December 16th on Amazon Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide."
    Also should note that Cas Anvar who plays Alex will not be returning for the final season due to the various sexual misconduct allegations that began to pop up earlier this year.

Makes total sense to end it now since people who have read the books know there is a massive time-jump in the series so stopping before that is much easier than trying to age up all the characters.

First three episodes of season 5 are out on Prime.

1 episode into Season 5 and I still love Amos lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    1 episode into Season 5 and I still love Amos lmao.
    Amos and Avasarala are scene stealers. just like miller was. im suprised i like this season so far given its a lil fillery

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Amos and Avasarala are scene stealers.
    Seriously, the translation from book to screen is really well done for these two especially so for Amos imo. An 8 to 10 part mini series would be great for an Amos origin arc.

Amos on Earth: One of my favorite parts of the book; looking to be one of my favorite parts of the TV show this season.

---

Only two episodes in but so far I am liking this season far more than I remember liking the previous seasons.

Maybe i remembered it wrong from the books, but wasn't earth supposed to be hit by a barrage of rocks and absolutely devastated? For me it seemed that this one rock into one ocean was everything that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Maybe i remembered it wrong from the books, but wasn't earth supposed to be hit by a barrage of rocks and absolutely devastated? For me it seemed that this one rock into one ocean was everything that happens.
    There are more rocks coming based on the trajectories shown by Inaros

I don't like Amos on earth stuff at all, it has nothing to do with why I love the expanse. I wanna see stars and unknown territory shit, not some mobster gangster with a rough childhood, climbing from rock bottom. Seen that so many times before, doesn't help that it's Amos.
    I really like the tension between the "factions", the politics of it, the greed and the underdog belters, while also having these rings mystifying just how easily they all can be wiped out if they don't tread carefully. Also space and stars is just a soft spot for me.

The storytelling is pretty good, the visuals are absolutely amazing.
    But I'm starting to wonder if I really care for any of the characters, or if I ever cared for them for that matter.
    Also, the belters still annoy me with the way they speak. Why make them act like silly thugs all the time..
    I dunno, I think I enjoyed season 2 and 3 the most. After that the show kinda went downhill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    But I'm starting to wonder if I really care for any of the characters, or if I ever cared for them for that matter.
    Also, the belters still annoy me with the way they speak. Why make them act like silly thugs all the time..
    I dunno, I think I enjoyed season 2 and 3 the most. After that the show kinda went downhill.
    Oh man I love the Belters. For as small as they are they are a well designed sci-fi (a lot of sci-fi in The Expanse is well designed though).

There's in-universe explanations for a lot of things about the Belters, from the way they look to how they speak, and their views toward the 'Inners'. Their accent is an amalgamation of various Earth dialects. I forgot the specific ones but you can pick up parts of each once you know what you're looking for. The actors aren't just speaking 'broken' English, it's a defined dialect that they have to practice with its own grammatical rules and whatnot.

I don't know, not mean of them come off as thugs either. They are a reflection or certain worldviews though. All Belters are 'roughnecks' because of their heritage and the environment they grew up in. Then you have a select number who have deep animosity towards the 'Inners', sometimes justified and sometimes not so much. There's lots of infighting, must Belters feel they have been mistreated (they have) but disagree on what to do about it ie you have people like Drummer and Fred Johnson vs the terrorist guy (I forget his name but he has valid points but terrible means). Then again the Inners only have peace among each other at the risk if annihilation while still crapping on the Belters. So the Belters will only be treated fairly through force, what terrorist guy did isn't the way though.

I love the show because it is not so black and white when it comes to situations.

Also it's space battles, while short are more grounded in our current imaging of what space battles would actually look like.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-01-01 at 10:02 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    hehe,thats kinda funny considering the show only got higher and higher ratings with every season,the first did pretty averege and after it just kept climbing,this last season again broke the record

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    hehe,thats kinda funny considering the show only got higher and higher ratings with every season,the first did pretty averege and after it just kept climbing,this last season again broke the record
    Sadly they have just 1 season after this one. I like when shows wrap up while they are good but I will miss it. Good space sci-fis are few and far in between.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sadly they have just 1 season after this one. I like when shows wrap up while they are good but I will miss it. Good space sci-fis are few and far in between.
    Its proly the best sci fi in recent times,i have no idea what they wanna do because 6 seasons wont be enough to cover the books,so either show original or maybe continue later when books are done,happened before with it

also Cas Anvar not returning in the last season is freaking annoying,i wonder how they gonna handle that...death or replacement

edit:just looked in to it,they are saying s6 isnt the end,just a pause

Its proly the best sci fi in recent times,i have no idea what they wanna do because 6 seasons wont be enough to cover the books,so either show original or maybe continue later when books are done,happened before with it

also Cas Anvar not returning in the last season is freaking annoying,i wonder how they gonna handle that...death or replacement

edit:just looked in to it,they are saying s6 isnt the end,just a pause

huh, well that's new. I thought they decided to end it on 6, in part to avoid the issue of time jump all together.

and they have done recasting before - Arjun for example. sure, not part of the main core cast, but still an extremely important character. and IMO, that recasting was NOT good. it changed the character too much - original Arjun felt more like the character in the books to me. but that's just personal opinion.

but.. heck, for all we know they could just make another change from books to series and have Alex reunite with his family as his second chance. although to be perfectly honest, I haven't watched last season yet and as far as I know, not all episodes are even available yet, so that's just me guessing at a possibility

Well that's fine. For me personally seasons 4 and 5 (so far) are kind of a letdown. Seasons 1-3 had a lot more going for it in terms of suspense and sci-fi mystery, with an expansive story about the protomolecule, ring gate, etc. When the ring gate activated in season 3 things were looking fantastic. Turns out, season 4 and 5 (so far) are mostly about politics, internal conflict etc. and barely took the whole protomolecule/builder/alien story any further.
    Last edited by deepr; 2021-01-01 at 09:37 PM.

For those who prefer binging, all 10 episodes are now out.