Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] The Expanse

Release Date - December 14, 2015
    Will be running for 10 Episodes, 60 minutes per Episode.

IMDB Link

Plot: Two hundred years in the future, in a fully colonized Solar System, detective Josephus Miller, born in the asteroid belt, is given the assignment to find a missing young woman, Julie Mao. Joining his task is James Holden, formerly first officer of an ice freighter who is involved in an incident caused by the tense relationship between Earth, Mars and the Belt. Soon the two find out that the missing woman is connected to a vast conspiracy.

Thoughts?
    PS: Tyreese from 'The Walking Dead' will be playing in it!
    Last edited by Mister K; 2015-11-06 at 02:15 PM.
    -K

I've enjoyed the books so far and am looking forward to this adaptation. hopefully they can do the story justice without veering too far away from the source material. both Wayward Pines and Game of Thrones have been highly successful book-to-movie adaptations, although it's highly debatable whether the changes from the respective source materials were a smart move or not. considering how little sci-fi seems to be on TV at the moment I'd expect the show to receive a lot of attention

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the books, but I believe we already have a thread on this subject already?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I love the books, but I believe we already have a thread on this subject already?
    I've searched but got nothing returned for the first 5 pages.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I've searched but got nothing returned for the first 5 pages.
    Its right here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...worth-watching

to be fair it's easy to see how someone could miss the other thread what with it not having the shows name in the title and the search option being a tad buggy at times and excluding valid results

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    to be fair it's easy to see how someone could miss the other thread what with it not having the shows name in the title and the search option being a tad buggy at times and excluding valid results
    I agree, the topic was titled vaguely, perhaps this should be the official thread since the other will probably end up lost in mass of topics

15+ Year Old Account
    BTW guys wanted to shared this with you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=1jX72phGGmc
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

early online premier tonight

On Nov. 23, the first episode of the Thomas Jane-Steven Strait futuristic mystery drama will be available via Syfy On Demand, Syfy.com, the Syfy Now App, Hulu, Amazon, Google Play, Vudu, iTunes, Playstation, Xbox, Facebook and YouTube. Additionally, Twitch, Wikia, IGN, IMDb, Good Reads, Crave Online and Roku will host the series premiere with original custom content
    source

early online premier tonight

source
    oh, yeah, thanks for reminding me...I think it may even be on Syfy.com right now, which would mean no waiting, I'll have to check on that.

edit: Its available online right now, I just checked. Means it may also be available on demand already.

edit 2: Nope, not on demand yet

edit 3: Doh, should have just read the post above detailing that it was a streaming premiere....DOH!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Feredir; 2015-11-23 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    oh, yeah, thanks for reminding me...I think it may even be on Syfy.com right now, which would mean no waiting, I'll have to check on that.

edit: Its available online right now, I just checked. Means it may also be available on demand already.

edit 2: Nope, not on demand yet

edit 3: Doh, should have just read the post above detailing that it was a streaming premiere....DOH!!!!!!!!!
    Xfinity seems to be offering it on demand at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Xfinity seems to be offering it on demand at the moment
    Verizon gave me squat, had to watch it on pc, good thing I have a rather large HD monitor or it would be annoying.

First half of the show is the expected build up, so slightly on the slow side, last 15 minutes...well I'll let you guys watch and decide.

15+ Year Old Account
    I watched it, it is pretty much what I expected. I thought they would go much faster though. Only thing I disliked was whoever they picked to play Amos, He did not seem that threatening/tough to me.

It seems like they are following the books mostly from what I remember.

Deleted
    Having Not read the books, I thought that the show was pretty damn good so far. its nice to see that Syfy channel is actually going back to it's origins of syfy shows, instead of the movies its been doing of recent years, if they stick to this sort of quality I will be a happy camper.

Seen the 1st episode... It feels like there is so much back story, that I have to rewatch it again with English subs on (when they appear). And too many characters to consider...well minus the ones at the end (lol).

I also like the graphic effects, I just don't like that all SF's nowadays are doing the BSG camera thingy in space.

Other than that, finally, a proper freaking science fiction series..hopefully much better than Killjoys and Dark Matter put together.

Looks awesome so far. Lets hope they don't run it too slow until the really interesting stuff is happening. It took some time in the book iirc.

Also i always imagined the infested reactor more organic/gore-ish. Not that we saw much besides the blue glowing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Looks awesome so far. Lets hope they don't run it too slow until the really interesting stuff is happening. It took some time in the book iirc.

Also i always imagined the infested reactor more organic/gore-ish. Not that we saw much besides the blue glowing.
    I agree, I always imagined a pinkish fleshy mass. I need to go back and read the books to see what it says, I might just listen it on audiobook.

This is much better than Killjoys and Dark Matter put together! This is the show sci fi fans deserve!

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. it's a little weird that they're ok with showing nudity but got rid of Avasarala's 'colourful' language (fortunately she still comes across well despite lacking such an oddly endearing character trait), and the revelation at the end of the prologue was a lot less disturbing than the text in the book. some of the characters it's too early to say if they're cast well (Amos for example seems less physically intimidating than I'd always imagined him but the important thing will be how the actor plays his personality) but so far none stand out as bad
    hopefully it can continue to be interesting, even to book readers who already know the twists and turns, without having to make such ridiculous departures from the source material as Game of Thrones did

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. it's a little weird that they're ok with showing nudity but got rid of Avasarala's 'colourful' language (fortunately she still comes across well despite lacking such an oddly endearing character trait), and the revelation at the end of the prologue was a lot less disturbing than the text in the book. some of the characters it's too early to say if they're cast well (Amos for example seems less physically intimidating than I'd always imagined him but the important thing will be how the actor plays his personality) but so far none stand out as bad
    hopefully it can continue to be interesting, even to book readers who already know the twists and turns, without having to make such ridiculous departures from the source material as Game of Thrones did
    I like the casting for Naomi, shes exactly how I imagined her in the books.